Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

UNLV looked like the best team in the MWC today

But if you think New Mexico looked better I wouldn't be mad.

Sure hope both these teams keep their edge and we get a heavyweight championship battle royale to the finish on Wednesday night. 

UNLV can look like the best team and the worst team in consecutive games. Sometimes in the same game.

The only team I have seen that brings it every night in this conf is SDSU. They may still lose some more, but they play the hardest.

With New Mexico, you never know what you are going to get. My gut says that they take revenge on UNLV and pull out a slim victory. Bob Knight and Brent Musburger on the call too.

UNLV has yet to play as good at home as they have on the road. Smart money is probably on both UNM and SDSU.

I sort of disagree. I think with UNM you know pretty much what to expect, which is a team that's very good unless it gets a double digit lead and then it gets lax on defense. It's a team that can look dominant for a half, but rarely puts an entire game together.  UNM is a team that is unselfish with the basketball and dangerous offensively when Alex Kirk is aggressive in the paint which seems to be about once every three games. I'd take UNM's top 3 players over SDSU and UNLVs top 3, but they're also a team that has a poor bench, and not much in the way of scoring other than Williams, Kirk, Bairstow. 

From a matchup standpoint for UNM, UNLV scares me the most. UNM wins games by establishing high/low with Bairstow and Kirk and when Kendall Williams is able to hit shots after teams collapse around them. UNLV is one of the few teams that can defend our front-court without excessive double teams and has multiple wing players with lateral quickness and speed in transition (another weakness of the Lobos.) 

I wouldn't be surprised if UNM beat the Rebs by 10. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rebs won by 10. It's going fun to watch. 

i wonder if the lobo players will complain about the aau running rebels after they run all over them for a second time this season

"wahhh, where's my freedom? how come this team doesn't play the same style as our team. wahhh" 

Win or lose, I'm sure Rebel fan will be here to provide a running commentary about the officiating and the foul count. 

You guys sort of suck at home this season. I wouldn't pound my chest considering DR is your coach and what happened the last time we played at the Mack. Maybe 3 or 4 thousand of us should make a roadie and help you guys fill some of those empty seats there seems to be every Rebel home game this season. 

Win or lose, I'm sure Rebel fan will be here to provide a running commentary about the officiating and the foul count.

You guys sort of suck at home this season. I wouldn't pound my chest considering DR is your coach and what happened the last time we played at the Mack. Maybe 3 or 4 thousand of us should make a roadie and help you guys fill some of those empty seats there seems to be every Rebel home game this season.

Well, we already won at the Pit, and we can't get an at large, so a win at the Mack is just gravy. Hope the kids finally put it together at home.

Do 3,000 fans now come to a regular season away game? I didn't see that under Alford. Impressive. Noodles seems to be setting the Duke City on fire!

i'm going to pound my chest because the rebels already took the game at unm, that allows me to do all the chest pounding i want until new mexico can prove otherwise 

Rebels won round one.  Round two, looking forward to the game. 

In Albuquerque BJones really was a difference maker.  The Rebs had great shooting and solid defense.  IMO the Lobos need some outside shooting to go along with the High Low offense of K&B.  Time for KWiliams and Company to light it up from 3pt land.   

Go Lobos

Coming from a team coached Craig Neal ummm FYI you have little room to pound your chest about coaching ha ha seriously Craig freaking Neal

In the last 4 seasons UNLV is 5-2 against New Mexico in the regular season.

UNLV has won 2 at the PIT and New Mexico has won Zero at the Thomas and Mack.

You can talk about the MWCT all you want (We get it...It's in the Thomas and Mack), but unless UNLV is on the court and fireworks are going off during pregame...you guys havent won @UNLV in 4 years.

juss sayin'

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

i wonder if the lobo players will complain about the aau running rebels after they run all over them for a second time this season

"wahhh, where's my freedom? how come this team doesn't play the same style as our team. wahhh" 

I don't think you have a clue what you are talking about.  

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

Rebels won round one.  Round two, looking forward to the game. 

In Albuquerque BJones really was a difference maker.  The Rebs had great shooting and solid defense.  IMO the Lobos need some outside shooting to go along with the High Low offense of K&B.  Time for KWiliams and Company to light it up from 3pt land.   

Go Lobos

Deville and Kevin had a great game as well.

We have to shoot well from outside once again and shut down the perimeter.

We can't let Neal get any shots off. We got in his face early last game and his confidence was gone.

Cameron will get his.

Kirk or Williams will go off.

The key is to stop one of the big 3 and shut down the rest against UNM.

Should be a great game. Hopefully my Rebels show up and sweep the series.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

In the last 4 seasons UNLV is 5-2 against New Mexico in the regular season.

UNLV has won 2 at the PIT and New Mexico has won Zero at the Thomas and Mack.

You can talk about the MWCT all you want (We get it...It's in the Thomas and Mack), but unless UNLV is on the court and fireworks are going off during pregame...you guys havent won @UNLV in 4 years.

juss sayin'

I disagree.  I distinctly remember this happening the last time we played @UNLV. But I know. . . Something something fireworks. . .something. . . something. . .moving screens. . .

http://youtu.be/PtnTCe_RSN0

Damn. You are swinging for the fence lol.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

Damn. You are swinging for the fence lol.

:D

I love Reb fans. It's such a manic week to week swing between swagger and depression in the Dave Rice era. 

I disagree. I distinctly remember this happening the last time we played @UNLV. But I know. . . Something something fireworks. . .something. . . something. . .moving screens. . .

Is it really that hard of a concept to understand tournament isn't a true home game?

Advantage - yes

Same as home game - no

I disagree.  I distinctly remember this happening the last time we played @UNLV. But I know. . . Something something fireworks. . .something. . . something. . .moving screens. . .

That's a neutral site officially.

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?