Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

Iowa State Board is Hilarious

What these people dont realize it is the tourists from Midwest are the ones who go crazy in vegas. The what happens in vegas stays in Vegas is made for these type of people with "values"

Inbound flights to Vegas are filled with people from places like Ames. All drunk as skunks before the plane even touches down.

And have you ever driven across the country through these states? The highways are littered with adult stores. Sure, they're for truckers on their way through; but how could a state with values like Iowa's even allow these types of establishments to exist?

Right next to giant billboards condemning you to hell. Especially if you're a homosexual. Bravo to Midwest values. Leading the way to a more tolerant country since lynching was legal.

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

They haven't done sh*t. Two Elite Eights. One in 1944 when the whole field was like 12 teams and another in 2000. If you want to go on recent NCAA Tourney success UNLV has them beat there too with our Sweet-16 with Krugey in 07'

Iowa St. is a never was/never will be basketball program. Baffling how they feel superior to a program like UNLV. Literally the ONLY thing they have is they're in the Big-12 and we're in the MWC.--and they're the f*cking DOORMAT of the sh*ttiest P-5 conference. They would be a mid-tier AAC program.

So they are alot like New Mexico, then?

The MWC... it seems like they're getting somewhere but not getting anywhere.

OK, so all kidding aside, how much did the Rebs pay for him?

Mike Bronson, being all knowing and all powerful, should know already that UNM has never been to an Elite 8, let alone two.  I don't know if they have ever won a tournament game.  Not even Danny Granger could help them there.

"If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, are you still a moron?"

"Give me a Sandwich and a Douchebag and there's nothing I can't do!"

So they are alot like New Mexico, then?

Come on Bronson, give Iowa St a LITTLE credit. They have been to an Elite Eight and single Final Four before atleast. They're not quite as bad of a program as New Mexico, but pretty far down there.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

Mike Bronson, being all knowing and all powerful, should know already that UNM has never been to an Elite 8, let alone two.  I don't know if they have ever won a tournament game.  Not even Danny Granger could help them there.

Correct, Chad Sexington, mighty New Mexico reached the Sweet Sixteen in 1974.

I'll give them credit, they are having a heck of a year this year and could go far in the Dance. Hoiberg seems to have that program moving in the right direction while ours is struggling to tread water.

That said, it's still Ames.

Hoiberg isn't going to stick around very long in Ames.. He's an up and comer and will get a upper-tier D1 or NBA job in 2-3 years if he keeps this up.

He has ties to the community. Grew up there, wife is from there.

Not that that guarantees anything, but... Relevant info, I suppose.

Come on Bronson, give Iowa St a LITTLE credit. They have been to an Elite Eight and single Final Four before atleast. They're not quite as bad of a program as New Mexico, but pretty far down there.

Do they have rings? Mike Bronson wonders.

You are right about Granger's UNM team.

Lobos are 8-15 all time in the Dance with two of those wins

with Alford/Neal at the helm.

For the record.

Where did these Iowa St fans get their confidence? Doormat of the Big12 located in some sh*thole in Iowa...They've got no tradition and they most they'll ever amount to is Iowa's little brother. Some schools that have never been successful live vicariously through the schools in their conference that actually were successful and adopt their arrogance as a result.

What's funny is these fans talk aboout how great their conference is completely ignoring the fact that if Texas had gone to PAC 12 Iowa State would currently be playing in CUSA. Yes our conference is better than yours which is why teams like Oklahoma and Texas couldn't wait to leave you behind to die.

I love the guy who talked about Iowa having values. Hilarious.

Funny thing is when we played in Omaha a few years ago I stayed in Council Bluffs which is on the other side of Misosuri River but much cheaper than Omaha and the people in Nebraska who were some of the nicest I ever met in my life couldn't say enough awful things about Council Bluffs and all the homeless druggies that lived there...... pretty funny stuff.

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

What's funny is these fans talk aboout how great their conference is completely ignoring the fact that if Texas had gone to PAC 12 Iowa State would currently be playing in CUSA. Yes our conference is better than yours which is why teams like Oklahoma and Texas couldn't wait to leave you behind to die.

What is funny is that they would be the MWC without Texas, Kansas, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State.  Mike Bronson would not enjoy that product either.

Yeah it's standard fan butthurt. Because UNLV landed a recruit in the last yr that they were on for 4 yrs:

-Vaughn doesn't care about education, cause UNLV is a horrible academic school

-UNLV only brings 2,000 fans to its games (nevermind our avg attendance is higher than their's)

-Vaughn doesn't want to face real competition because the MWC is horrible

-Vaughn is getting paid

-Vaughn's handler is getting paid

-Vaughn's handler will be hired on to the UNLV coaching staff now

-Vaughn just wants to go clubbin and not to school

-He's probably hooked on some drugs he can only get in Vegas

I'm sure there are more, but it's pretty standard butthurt. It's funny and so predictable. Doesn't seem they hammered him as hard on Twitter and Kentucky fans did to Bennett though. That was one of the biggest implosions I've ever seen.

Bahahaha....these are good. I'm going to go ahead and keep these handy for the future if we ever actually lose a recruit to UNLV. Something tells me we run in different circles though.....(a guy can dream can't he?)

What is funny is that they would be the MWC without Texas, Kansas, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State.  Mike Bronson would not enjoy that product either.

But yet you seem to not be able to get enough of it.... and here you are.