Rebels18

Fire Dave Rice

18 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

Actually Daves buyout will be much cheaper this year than last year. I expect TKM to do the same exact thing as she did with previous coaches that have been "fired" under her tenure. Bobby Hauck resigned and so did Chambers for baseball. Unless this team turns it around, I expect Rice will resign immediately at the end of the season. There won't be any drama surrounding that scene. 

As as for the replacement search, could be a different story. 

Assuming this happens, who do you have on your short list so far Rosegreen?

55 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

This Aztecs team definitely has problems. EVERY Dave Rice-coached Rebels team definitely has problems.

Anybody know if this thread now has more posts than the Why I Hate Utah State one? If not yet, it's bound to before this hoops season is over.

This is the longest thread on the MWCBoard.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

33 minutes ago, RebelTexan said:

Assuming this happens, who do you have on your short list so far Rosegreen?

In no particular order...

Dwayne Stephens, Dan Majerle, Chris Mack, Kevin Keatts, Richard Pitino.

They'll be more but if UNLV goes down that road, they can't be penny pinchers. 

40 minutes ago, CockyUNLVPoster said:

I would cheer if it wasn't so sad.  Rice should have been canned last year and this thread could have gone peacefully to the archives.

The half dozen Rebels who consistently defended Rice the last couple years should automatically be placed in next year's Troll Derby.

Boom goes the dynamite.

14 hours ago, LakersGM1 said:

My email to TKM. Probably means nothing, but I felt the need to give my input. 

TKM's response to me.

" Thanks Cody for your note! I understand your frustration and last
nights game was difficult for us all! I have been at practice all week
and we played with heart and intensity and it just didn't translate to
the game! The next few games are equally as important and we need to
play with the intensity that we all know the rebels have within!
Please stay with us, like you ..I'm a long time rebel fan and we need
your continued support!
Happy new year! Tina

Sent from my iPhone "

Just now, LakersGM1 said:

TKM's response to me.

your continued support!
Happy new year! Tina

Sent from my iPhone "

Typical reply from Tina.

I guess she can't really express her real feelings tho.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

1 minute ago, BestintheWest said:

Typical reply from Tina.

Though I like the fact that she is responding from her iPhone. Kinda tells me that she lives and breathes the job. Doesn't log off and go home at 5PM.

• Like 2

Though I like the fact that she is responding from her iPhone. Kinda tells me that she lives and breathes the job. Doesn't log off and go home at 5PM.

Yeah she replies to pretty much anyone. Shows she's at least engaged.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

3 hours ago, LakersGM1 said:

TKM's response to me.

your continued support!
Happy new year! Tina

Sent from my iPhone "

i have no problem with tina and think she has a tough row to hoe, and i realize she has to say something like this, but last night they did NOT play with heart and intensity, that was the problem until late in the game. maybe she had them confused with the visiting team, lol.

9 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

i have no problem with tina and think she has a tough row to hoe, and i realize she has to say something like this, but last night they did NOT play with heart and intensity, that was the problem until late in the game. maybe she had them confused with the visiting team, lol.

She meant in practice, not in the game

Now all we need is for our 9K fans that are left to show up to practice and we all forget about the game. Will give us a new appreciation for Rice's coaching abilities.

• Like 2

oh geez, you're right, i just reread it. i went off when i shouldn't have. that makes more sense. but fresno DID play with heart and intensity. too bad we didn't.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

Now all we need is for our 9K fans that are left to show up to practice and we all forget about the game. Will give us a new appreciation for Rice's coaching abilities.

they're dwindling fast, and i won't even be at the next two games. on the day we play unm i will be working in mesquite and would normally drive over afterward to go to the game, but i don't think i will make that trek this year. and for the AFA game i will be in phoenix. there have been times i have booked those weekend trips around the rebel games, lol, but not right now, which may not be a bad thing. :unsure:

8 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

This Aztecs team definitely has problems. EVERY Dave Rice-coached Rebels team definitely has problems.

Anybody know if this thread now has more posts than the Why I Hate Utah State one? If not yet, it's bound to before this hoops season is over.

This thread has become out dated. It could be brought back into relevance though quite easily. It just needs 1 more word....NOW

Fire Dave Rice Now! 

9 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Nothing in Tina's response was supportive of DR.  Only an NCAA win can save his job and even that may not be enough.  

I don't have confidence in her.  She fell for the South Florida ruse and gave the riceball a contract extension.  Then she caved on the riceball's orchestrated media blitz that saved his job last year.  She has failed miserably in handling the travesty of riceball she inherited.  My e-mail is going to President Jessup and I will say the same things I said here.  I will copy her of course.  

6 hours ago, BestintheWest said:

Typical reply from Tina.

Yeah, what can she really say?  Dave is her employee.  She's not going to start talking shit about him to some random dude unless she's a total moron. 

1 hour ago, CockyUNLVPoster said:

I don't have confidence in her.  She fell for the South Florida ruse and gave the riceball a contract extension.  Then she caved on the riceball's orchestrated media blitz that saved his job last year.  She has failed miserably in handling the travesty of riceball she inherited.  My e-mail is going to President Jessup and I will say the same things I said here.  I will copy her of course.  

His recruits put her in a tough spot.  Same with the fans.  But now they see they were better with krugers ho-hum recruits and solid coaching. 

There is no doubt DR is a top notch recruiter.  That is what allowed him to keep his job. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

15 hours ago, CockyUNLVPoster said:

^^^This.  Somebody who gets it.  Why would this time be different?