Rebels18

Fire Dave Rice

Just subscribed to tune in radio so I could listen to rebel extra on my phone.

Tonight is gonna be gold. U all should listen.

Rice talking right now and he's breathing heavily into the mic. Like he is nervous and worried he is getting fired on his walk back in.

• Like 2

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

A Fan Base Fed Up

Dear Ms. Kunzer-Murphy,

I am a recent alumni of UNLV with great support for UNLV Athletics, especially in regards to Runnin' Rebels basketball. Since I was a child, I have followed each season closely through the highs and lows of the program. As I am growing my career, I have always looked to eventually becoming a season ticket holder as I feel more comfortable with my finances. However, while I have been a big proponent of the hiring of UNLV's own Dave Rice and the excitement he has brought with top level recruiting, I am growing wary as the seasons go by seeing the same problems with little maturation.

In Season 5, the same problems that have been apparent have continued. There is plenty of talent on this Rebel roster, but there is a certain ineptitude of setting up an effective offense. It has gotten to the point where players have free range with no consequences to their poor decisions. It is a team with no control or direction. Same problems, different cast of players. It is not entirely clear, but it is either a lack of command of his players and/or a complete lack of necessary basketball knowledge to lead this group of tremendous athletes to the promise land.

After tonight's game, after much heartbreaking disappointment, I have completely lost the will to follow a team I love without any direction. As a fan and a committed alumni, I implore you to make the change and have someone with the command, respect, and knowledge come in and lead this talented team with an amazing history to a promise land. Dave Rice is a great guy and appeals to the young athletes he recruits, but after such a sample size of troubling results, it is clear to see he is not the man who should be at the helm of this Runnin' Rebels basketball team.

Thank you very much,

My email to TKM. Probably means nothing, but I felt the need to give my input. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, LakersGM1 said:

Nice man. Mine was a half coherent drunken rant in the middle of the night after the ASU loss.

She's been getting a lot tho. You'll get a reply with the standard thanks for your input but be patient because dave is gonna turn this around and work on it. Blah blah blah

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

Rice talking right now and he's breathing heavily into the mic. Like he is nervous and worried he is getting fired on his walk back in.

is that esp. 1100??

2 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

Nice man. Mine was a half coherent drunken rant in the middle of the night after the ASU loss.

She's been getting a lot tho. You'll get a reply with the standard thanks for your input but be patient because dave is gonna turn this around and work on it. Blah blah blah

Reason why I did it is because I feel it could be like a vote. While one email might not matter, many people doing the same thing could translate to something. If she gets hundreds of emails every game, it might translate to something.

2 minutes ago, Willden4UNLV said:

is that esp. 1100??

Yeah...the phone calls are about to start. They're pretty funny at times. Tonight should be a legendary night. I encourage all to tune in. I called and bitchEd about our loss against Wichita when I was drunk. They cut me off.  Lol

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

I am totally listening to it right now. Dave is a piñata. Eclipsing radio gold and going platinum.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BestintheWest said:

i will subscribe to that, i listen to that show after every game until i get to Apex and lose the signal.

9 hours ago, LakersGM1 said:

Well written

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

10 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

charlie-down-schadenfreude.png

It's not even funny anymore. It's actually pathetic that the administration at UNLV didn't see this coming.  Now TKM will cost the taxpayers of Nevada whatever Dave Rice's buyout is.   Well, not really the taxpayers, but I'm going to spin it that way so I can be angry too.  

• Like 2

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

34 minutes ago, mugtang said:

It's not even funny anymore. It's actually pathetic that the administration at UNLV didn't see this coming.  Now TKM will cost the taxpayers of Nevada whatever Dave Rice's buyout is.   Well, not really the taxpayers, but I'm going to spin it that way so I can be angry too.  

Didn't Vegas have boosters willing to help with the buyout when Howland was in the mix?  

If he's fired at the end of the season, his buyout is what, 600k? 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

43 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Actually Daves buyout will be much cheaper this year than last year. I expect TKM to do the same exact thing as she did with previous coaches that have been "fired" under her tenure. Bobby Hauck resigned and so did Chambers for baseball. Unless this team turns it around, I expect Rice will resign immediately at the end of the season. There won't be any drama surrounding that scene. 

As as for the replacement search, could be a different story. 

On 12/22/2015 at 6:31 PM, quickdraw said:

Just another honest assessment, as always.

I still support my team and staff, as always. Much of the post you quoted was about the fans as well being dysfunctional in the way we handle wins as well as losses. You seem to have your own problems though. It was interesting reading some of the 5 page thread on the Mesa about the Rebels losing to ASU and then SUDS getting beat by Grand Canyon at home. I was going to post in that thread over there but it was too easy so I just chuckled and move on.

This Aztecs team definitely has problems. EVERY Dave Rice-coached Rebels team definitely has problems.

Anybody know if this thread now has more posts than the Why I Hate Utah State one? If not yet, it's bound to before this hoops season is over.

Boom goes the dynamite.