Rebels18

Fire Dave Rice

Rice's "coaching" won't get better next season, he was given one more year based on all the recruits coming back but now with RV gone and perhaps no Zimm what was the sense of keeping him. TKM screwed up again, the smart way was to wait and than make a decision, people in charge at UNLV are dumb, no wonder this school done nothing in last 25 years.

Rice's "coaching" won't get better next season, he was given one more year based on all the recruits coming back but now with RV gone and perhaps no Zimm what was the sense of keeping him. TKM screwed up again, the smart way was to wait and than make a decision, people in charge at UNLV are dumb, no wonder this school done nothing in last 25 years.

If he wins 20 games, goes to the NIT and wins a game, vegas will probably keep him.

If he wasn't a former player, he would have been gone at least a year ago. It's a situation where the boosters may have harmed the overall health of the program due to misplaced locality

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

Zimmerman will be at UNLV if Wood leaves.

Zimmerman will be at UNLV if Wood leaves.

If he's on the fast track to the NBA, why is he worried about anyone?

One would think he'd want the rebs to be as good as possible for his one or two seasons in vegas. And why couldn't Wood and Zimm play at the same time?

• Like 1

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

If he's on the fast track to the NBA, why is he worried about anyone?

One would think he'd want the rebs to be as good as possible for his one or two seasons in vegas. And why couldn't Wood and Zimm play at the same time?

I don't think it really matters. We all know for sure that Wood is leaving.

Damn it.  I knew this was going to happen.  Ben Jacobson signed a new 10 year contract with Northern Iowa.  We could have doubled his salary for what we are paying for arroz.  Now I don't think we will ever have a chance at him.  Thanks for nothing Tina.  And, I mean nothing because that's what we are getting in year 5 for what could be one of the worst coaches we've ever had. 

Damn it.  I knew this was going to happen.  Ben Jacobson signed a new 10 year contract with Northern Iowa.  We could have doubled his salary for what we are paying for arroz.  Now I don't think we will ever have a chance at him.  Thanks for nothing Tina.  And, I mean nothing because that's what we are getting in year 5 for what could be one of the worst coaches we've ever had. 

dang it...

If the boosters are willing to put up around 2 mill next year for the right hire I think we can find someone worth it.

I think the Rice buyout is a lot less next year as opposed to this years.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

If the boosters are willing to put up around 2 mill next year for the right hire I think we can find someone worth it.

I think the Rice buyout is a lot less next year as opposed to this years.

No way will the boosters shell up more than 300k-500k a year for a coach when the State of Nevada takes the low road. They will just keep their fingers crossed with Rice learning and recruiting top 50 talent. cmon man.

No way will the boosters shell up more than 300k-500k a year for a coach when the State of Nevada takes the low road. They will just keep their fingers crossed with Rice learning and recruiting top 50 talent. cmon man.

I will be honest.  I used to not think very highly of college basketball coaches.  I just thought that a guy could go out and recruit top talent and then just throw the basketballs out at practice and have a Sweet 16 type team.  Dave Rice has convinced me that I was wrong.

I will be honest.  I used to not think very highly of college basketball coaches.  I just thought that a guy could go out and recruit top talent and then just throw the basketballs out at practice and have a Sweet 16 type team.  Dave Rice has convinced me that I was wrong.

This was the first year he has been able to recruit top talent coming in as freshman I like what's going forward versus adding transfers to the Lon recruits even though he did get to the NCAA twice and had a winning record.

The buyout money was there and Howland wanting it. I'm optimistic we can do better. It will be some special circumstances though.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

The buyout money was there and Howland wanting it. I'm optimistic we can do better. It will be some special circumstances though.

Regardless you will be there supporting the Rebels hope they change your mind. Change will happen if not.

I believe Vaughn and Woods is the best 18 and 19 year old I've seen play basketball for 14 years at UNLV. Any doubters. Remember age wise before you come back.

Wink Adams was the best 19 year old I saw at UNLV, not from an NBA future perspective, just from what he did on the court.

Wink Adams was the best 19 year old I saw at UNLV, not from an NBA future perspective, just from what he did on the court.

Good one I liked Wink also and thought about him when I typed. Not near the talent as Vaughn. 

Vaughn 18 year old 6' 6" guard top 10 in the nation and MWC Coaches newcomer of the year.

Chris 19 year old 6' 11" may grow more. First team MWC. Maybe 1st rnd NBA.

Yea Rice sucks maybe should stop recruiting these kids.

But its only about wins and losses for most and I agree with both wins and recruits. At least got one going. Loaded roster going forward.

Why is it about recruits?

It's about wins.

If anything, I'd rather win 21 games with 1 star guys than 5 star guys. Am I the only one that appreciates good coaching and good basketball on here?

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?