Rebels18

Fire Dave Rice

You are looking at it from a Long Beach perspective.  His world will open up here.

Yea, I think he'd be a fine fit. But I'm surprised he hasn't left already, so he might be a Shaka Smart and decline.

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?

Idk why ppl want Pearl. He's a fricking cheater. I'd rather hire some of the coaches I mentioned last night.

Agreed.

He IMO would have gotten a Big West job and he'll end up somewhere at a low-major if fired.

He had a BBQ at his house....gasp

Cracks me up when UNLV fans call other coaches cheaters for shiet like that. Don't know much about UNLV

Cracks me up when UNLV fans call other coaches cheaters for shiet like that. Don't know much about UNLV

The real issue was him lying to everyone about it, right?

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

lol

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

It'd be a PR nightmare IMO. Name me two coaches that we rehired after a show clause order. I can only think of one, and he's at Morgan State right now.

So is it a PR nightmare or he a cheater?

So guess you approved of firing Tark

I wasn't around in the Tark era. Re-hiring someone on show clause order would be a bit of a PR nightmare IMO.

Bruce Pearl is a rat snitch that would never be accepted in Las Vegas.  Any UNLV fan that mentions him for the Rebel job doesn't know a damn thing about college basketball or the city of Las Vegas.

Pearl turned in Illinois for cheating and years later he got exactly what was coming to him when he got caught.  Snitches get stitches!

Pearl at UNLV would be worse than Massimino.  Never would work.

I think Bruce Pearl would be a good choice.  He is a good coach.

Whoever mentioned George Karl was on the right track as well.

Vegas deserves a coach more established and bigger than Dave Rice or Reggie Theus.   They should shell out for a big name with an established system and success in other places.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Realistically, what are the chances Rice is gone after this season?

14 or more losses and UNLV probably cuts their losses and makes a move.

Only thing holding it up might be our presidential situation. Will the interim president be willing to make a move or will they want to wait for a new president to be in place?

Can Tina Kuntzer Murphy talk Rice into resigning to save face and money for the university?

It is probably better for Reggie Theus if Rice gets one more year (2014/15) because Theus will get 20+ wins next year and be positioned perfectly to take on the UNLV job.

Anti-Theus people should be hoping Rice gets removed now before Theus has a chance to prove himself!

Bruce Pearl is a rat snitch that would never be accepted in Las Vegas.  Any UNLV fan that mentions him for the Rebel job doesn't know a damn thing about college basketball or the city of Las Vegas.

Pearl turned in Illinois for cheating and years later he got exactly what was coming to him when he got caught.  Snitches get stitches!

Pearl at UNLV would be worse than Massimino.  Never would work.

lol mobsters will give him sone concrete boots eh?

Vegas deserves a coach more established and bigger than Dave Rice or Reggie Theus.   They should shell out for a big name with an established system and success in other places.

Exactly my thoughts...whoa just agreed with jack.

Pearl has won everywhere he has been, the guy took Wisconsin-Milwaukee to a Sweet 16.... they were better than the Bucks when he was there. He's a big name and a big personality. His "cheating" was kind of meh and if he was at Kentucky/Duke or Kansas he'd still be coaching there. What concerns me about Pearl is he using the job to get back to the big conferences but that's a good problem to have especially considering where we are at now..struggling to be considered for the NIT.

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

Realistically, what are the chances Rice is gone after this season?

Rice is already flirting with some historically bad records this season. If it keeps up, I would hope the administration has the backbone to fire him. As RR said though, the President situation complicates things.

But who would UNLV hire as a replacement?

Maybe they hire BYU's head coach to replace him, Dave Rose?

Dave Rose is twice the coach that Dave Rice is IMO.  Dave Rose has produced solid teams year after year.  Don't know if he would work out at UNLV but he has done a hell of a job at BYU.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

Dave Rose is twice the coach that Dave Rice is IMO.  Dave Rose has produced solid teams year after year.  Don't know if he would work out at UNLV but he has done a hell of a job at BYU.

BYU is doing just as bad as UNLV right now in basketball. They haven't been the same since they left the MW.