Rebels18

Fire Dave Rice

3 minutes ago, RebelTexan said:

All perspective.  If his family as starving, than that would be completely different.  For Rice to start playing hardball right now in a difficult situation, would be a low class move by him.  Rice is doing well and so is his family.  Time to help the university out that gave him a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Perspective my slow white ass.  Family first. Especially when your future is uncertain. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

1 minute ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Perspective my slow white ass.  Family first. Especially when your future is uncertain. 

Rice and his family will be fine.  He will get snapped up immediately as a lead recruiter somewhere with his honor intact.  I'm sure of it.

5 minutes ago, RebelTexan said:

Rice and his family will be fine.  He will get snapped up immediately as a lead recruiter somewhere with his honor intact.  I'm sure of it.

The only thing Dave ever owed UNLV was his best effort. They got it.

If you want to blame someone, blame the people who pushed for his hire and the extentions.  If they had any class, they'd pay his buyout. 

• Like 1

Barack Obama

6 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

Then I guess I should give back the money I cashed from that bet back to William Hill. 

FCS games count as wins. Have for a long time. 

Amazing, that dope is so afraid of UNLV he just says what comes out of his stupid mouth. Learn the rules dumbass , we all got paid on our bet. The books figured Idaho State would be 1 of the 2 wins. 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

3 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

The only thing Dave ever owed UNLV was his best effort. They got it.

If you want to blame someone, blame the people who pushed for his hire and the extentions.  If they had any class, they'd pay his buyout

I like that and agree.  His supporters certainly should pay it.  I still have hope that Rice will help his UNLV family out though.  We'll see this week either way.  Good debate, thanks.

Just now, RebelTexan said:

I like that and agree.  His supporters certainly should pay it.  I still have hope that Rice will help his UNLV family out though.  We'll see this week either way.  Good debate, thanks.

He might. But if he has a brain in his head, someone else will be doing the negotiations. Dave may not even be in the room. 

A structured buyout with payments lasting a few years would help the U too.  I could see Dave doing that.  There is no doubt he loves the U. 

Also, he may not be HC material, but he is a smart guy.  Since they are going to pay him anyway, maybe they can find a position for him at the U and he can swallow his pride and accept it. 

• Like 1

Barack Obama

5 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

He might. But if he has a brain in his head, someone else will be doing the negotiations. Dave may not even be in the room. 

A structured buyout with payments lasting a few years would help the U too.  I could see Dave doing that.  There is no doubt he loves the U. 

Also, he may not be HC material, but he is a smart guy.  Since they are going to pay him anyway, maybe they can find a position for him at the U and he can swallow his pride and accept it. 

This or he resigns with a structured buyout at a possible reduced rate, saving the drama and stigma that a firing brings.  If he truly loves the school like he and you say, then he will make a deal knowing that he isn't the right guy.

I understand that TKM was forced by Rice's $$$uporters/pals at the end of last season to give him one more year, well money talks but money doesn't buy a brains. Most of UNLV supporters could see that Rice will not improve and one extra season won't make a difference,  but some people like to go down with the sinking ship and will do this even if this will harm the whole situation.

That Rebel Chi-girl on Rebel-Net sure needs a mental help.

Just now, RebelTexan said:

This or he resigns with a structured buyout at a possible reduced rate, saving the drama and stigma that a firing brings.  If he truly loves the school like he and you say, then he will make a deal knowing that he isn't the right guy.

I hope we find out next week instead of the end of the season. 

Why prolong the agony? 

• Like 1

Barack Obama

37 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

Then I guess I should give back the money I cashed from that bet back to William Hill. 

FCS games count as wins. Have for a long time. 

i thought for sure he was wrong about FCS wins not counting.. I heard from a couple people who cashed on that season win total over bet. 

By the terms of Rice's contract upon termination he is paid his base of $300k for the remaining term of the contract. I doubt his contract has an acceleration clause which would make the total $900k due immediately upon termination. I remember reading that after Howalnd was fired from UCLA he was still being paid 2 years later. It's fairly safe to say Rice will be paid $300k per year through 2019 or for 3 more years. The hit isn't too bad and if you factor in the $500k paid by Oklahoma to UNLV for Krugers buy out and, as a result UNLV will be only $400k out of pocket. 

Looking at next 8 games, they could go 0-11. 

New Mexico                 
     Air Force     
At  Utah State                  
At  Nevada
     Boise State
     San Diego State
At  New Mexico
At  Fresno State

The only  game they can win is Air Force at home.

Two seperate sources.... Same information. Dave Rice will be officially relieved of his head coaching duties on Monday. Augmon and Miller will jointly take over on a interim basis. Let's see if my sources are correct. The new UNLV coaching search has begun. 

• Like 3

I just got a text from my brother who live in Vegas.  According to what he said, TKM made a statement that Rice will not be fired this week.  He thinks it will be after the UNM game if he loses. 

His info in the past has been reliable. A good friend of his dad is a booster.  We'll see. 

Barack Obama

10 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I just got a text from my brother who live in Vegas.  According to what he said, TKM made a statement that Rice will not be fired this week.  He thinks it will be after the UNM game if he loses. 

His info in the past has been reliable. A good friend of his dad is a booster.  We'll see. 

The rumor mill is churning!

52 minutes ago, PrimeReb said:

The rumor mill is churning!

That it is. The only consistent thing is he is gone. Personally, I don't see any reason to delay the inevitable. 

BTW, he also said Stacey was the likely guy to take over.  I hope that is true.  I'd like to see SA get a shot.  

Barack Obama

6 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

That it is. The only consistent thing is he is gone. Personally, I don't see any reason to delay the inevitable. 

BTW, he also said Stacey was the likely guy to take over.  I hope that is true.  I'd like to see SA get a shot.  

You are absolutely correct in that there is no reason to delay the firing of Rice. In fact, maybe the season can be salvaged some what with out him on the bench. 

So Dave Rice might be gone soon or later.

But real problem is UNLV does not have enough money to get top coach. UNLV might be able to pay 1-1.2million but that will not get legit top coach, just ok coach.

It will set for another mediocre coach, and mediocre season continue until some big booters pay 2-3million for new coach.