Rebels18

Fire Dave Rice

9 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

I don't think he would. He's gonna make them fire him. Cash out that $900k buyout.

This is what I think will happen too, which will confirm that Rice truly, deep down only cared about himself first and his Alma Mater second.  I hope he proves me wrong and everybody else who suspects this too.

1 minute ago, HollyWood- said:

Considering our season win total was 2.5 and we won 3 games, the season by definition was a success. 

Plus I'm pretty sure Reno counts as 2 wins so we really won 4!!!

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

5 minutes ago, RebelTexan said:

This is what I think will happen too, which will confirm that Rice truly, deep down only cared about himself first and his Alma Mater second.  I hope he proves me wrong and everybody else who suspects this too.

Riiiiiight! The guy has a contract did his job as best he could and although it was a failure he has a right to fulfill the terms of his contract if for no other reason than to take care of his family. I'm sure that you would just walk away from almost $1 million thought, right?

Make a deal to buy him out now and let's get on with this already. Where are these so called pissed off boosters? SHOW ME THE MONEY!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RebelTexan said:

His first responsibility is to his family.  He has to take the money. Every penny of it. He may never get a job that pays as much as he's gettimg now. 

He may agree to a structured payment system so long as he gets paid even if he gets another job. 

• Like 3

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

7 minutes ago, RebelTexan said:

Dude, get out of here with that. Dave Rice did his job...poorly. He deserves the terms of his contract. 

• Like 3

Just now, quickdraw said:

Riiiiiight! The guy has a contract did his job as best he could and although it was a failure he has a right to fulfill the terms of his contract if for no other reason than to take care of his family. I'm sure that you would just walk away from almost $1 million thought, right?

No I would make a deal to take a little less on the buy out to save face for the university that I love and resign.  He was given more opportunity than many others.  It's time to give a little back to the school and administrators by going out quietly with as little drama as possibe.  It's the honorable thing to do at this point.

35 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

Bottom line is that all sports are struggling. I don't care if Sanchez is hyping up the program on Twitter or making the jerseys look snazzy. It doesn't do anything to me, wins are what matters. Recruiting is better? That's why Dave kept his job, so Sanchez will get the same treatment. Football was a disaster down the stretch, did anybody watch the games. It was worse than Hacks final season. I question a lot of his game day decisions. We just whored out the coaching position to the fertittas so they can get us new facilities, which haven't happened yet. 

Dave has shown no leadership and needs to go. Just yelling I'm pissed and a couple cuss words isn't leadership. Baseball is a disaster with TKM had no pulse on that program or Chambers. Even the way they forced Chambers out was a drawn out joke, and who knows what kind of impact that has on local kids playing at UNLV. Chambers was a big part of the turnaround. 

We keep TKM and it's going to continue to be a disaster at UNLV at all levels. Livengood wasn't great but he got everyone contributing and on the same page. If you look at UNLV since he left, it's been a rudderless ship.

The fact that you think Livengood did a good job here tells me you have no idea what has and currently is happening in the athletic department. The financial mess we have been in is in large part because of his decisions. 

I'm not saying TKM is the greatest AD in the world but she is a vast improvement over every AD we've had since Weaver. 

Just now, RebelTexan said:

No I would make a deal to take a little less on the buy out to save face for the university that I love and resign.  He was given more opportunity than many others.  It's time to give a little back to the school and administrators by going out quietly with as little drama as possibe.  It's the honorable thing to do at this point.

Then you would be placing the school over your own family.  

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

3 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

The fact that you think Livengood did a good job here tells me you have no idea what has and currently is happening in the athletic department. The financial mess we have been in is in large part because of his decisions. 

I'm not saying TKM is the greatest AD in the world but she is a vast improvement over every AD we've had since Weaver. 

Can you elaborate on that?  I thought Livingbad was a bean counter based on how he brought coaches in on the cheap.  I honestly don't know what he did to screw the budget.  I'm glad he is gone by the way but, what did he do?

Just now, Aslowhiteguy said:

In that case you'd have some F'd up priorities. 

All perspective.  If his family as starving, than that would be completely different.  For Rice to start playing hardball right now in a difficult situation, would be a low class move by him.  Rice is doing well and so is his family.  Time to help the university out that gave him a once in a lifetime opportunity.

13 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

His first responsibility is to his family.  He has to take the money. Every penny of it. He may never get a job that pays as much as he's gettimg now. 

He may agree to a structured payment system so long as he gets paid even if he gets another job. 

this