Rebels18

Fire Dave Rice

1 hour ago, BleedRed702 said:

This last article by Run Rebs does well to show how bad of a coach Rice really is. In the last 2-3 post game press conferences I've watched, Rice has said repeatedly that he wants to run an "inside out" offense. We have this 5 star, top 10 ranked recruit that he spent 4 years recruiting and we don't even run offense through him.

I wish grimala would bring this up during a presser with the facts and hit Rice with them. He would probably have his deer in the headlights expression and change the topic right away. 

It's beyond ridiculous. And the press ask him about the bad shots and all he says is, "well we want to run an inside out offense first and foremost." Well why aren't you disciplining your guys then and forcing them to do that? Why aren't you utilizing zimm in the correct way? It all falls on the coach. He finally gets a legit big and he doesn't know what to do with him. 

Check it out. http://runrebs.com/2016/01/03/is-stephen-zimmerman-involved-enough/

Yeah I read this earlier. Grimala does a great job.

His 2nd breakdown pretty much sums up our team.

2 point lead. Our ball. 1 minute left. Seagears does this...

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

8 hours ago, BestintheWest said:

2 point lead. Our ball. 1 minute left. Seagears does this...

Beyond frustrating to see. If he's not jacking terrible 3's, he's driving the lane and turning the ball over when he could dish it out easily. How many times did he drive into a wall at Wichita and turn it over? I feel like it happened like 5 times. He drives, they collapse, and he still tries to drive and turns the ball over.

The sad thing.  Is after that turnover in the Fresno game, rice should have pulled him. And why they didn't have poyser bring the ball up I have no idea. Had Mccaw do it who was playing terrible all night. "The idea was for Mccaw to drive and take it to the basket." Why not have poyser do that instead? Who just hit the last 8 points or so. Who was the only one who successfully drove to the basket in the last 5 minutes of the game. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, BleedRed702 said:

Beyond frustrating to see. If he's not jacking terrible 3's, he's driving the lane and turning the ball over when he could dish it out easily. How many times did he drive into a wall at Wichita and turn it over? I feel like it happened like 5 times. He drives, they collapse, and he still tries to drive and turns the ball over.

The sad thing.  Is after that turnover in the Fresno game, rice should have pulled him. And why they didn't have poyser bring the ball up I have no idea. Had Mccaw do it who was playing terrible all night. "The idea was for Mccaw to drive and take it to the basket." Why not have poyser do that instead? Who just hit the last 8 points or so. Who was the only one who successfully drove to the basket in the last 5 minutes of the game. 

A good coach in crunch time knows to go with the hot hand.  Need I say more.

12 hours ago, Rosegreen said:

Obama is a disaster and didn't bring anything back. 

I'd love to know how.

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?

On 1/3/2016 at 7:41 AM, Ernie Baer said:

I recognize a few names left over there who are willing to tell it like it is, don’t subscribe to their company line. By and large though that site is a joke.

To each their own but why anyone would pay $100+ for their “premium” content is beyond me.  Little information that is accurate and worse you are told how to think.  They claim they welcome different viewpoints, yet the minute someone does present one the company line goon squad comes out to pounce on you. 

Venturing over there this morning for an early laugh; you have the annual “Place Blame to Save Dave” award for which Seagers is a run away winner, people advocating to give Rice another year because he has finally landed a point guard in next year’s recruiting class, can’t get rid of Rice because recruiting will never be this good again, and now fans simply need to lower their expectations. 

It's always the players fault on rebel net. First it was Katin, Then BDJ followed by Wood now its Seagers. Always the addition by subtraction speech. What's even worse is Jon Sandler plays on this too during the past few years. I cant even listen to them anymore. He has to be the biggest homer radio guy in the nation. I miss the days of Ken Korach

13 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Patrick McCaw is starting at point guard against Colorado State on Wednesday.  Jerome Seagears will start at shooting guard.

well pat needs to get his head back into the game as well. but i was hoping seagears would sit.

19 hours ago, BleedRed702 said:

This last article by Run Rebs does well to show how bad of a coach Rice really is. In the last 2-3 post game press conferences I've watched, Rice has said repeatedly that he wants to run an "inside out" offense. We have this 5 star, top 10 ranked recruit that he spent 4 years recruiting and we don't even run offense through him.

I wish grimala would bring this up during a presser with the facts and hit Rice with them. He would probably have his deer in the headlights expression and change the topic right away. 

It's beyond ridiculous. And the press ask him about the bad shots and all he says is, "well we want to run an inside out offense first and foremost." Well why aren't you disciplining your guys then and forcing them to do that? Why aren't you utilizing zimm in the correct way? It all falls on the coach. He finally gets a legit big and he doesn't know what to do with him. 

Check it out. http://runrebs.com/2016/01/03/is-stephen-zimmerman-involved-enough/

Great article by Grimala.  This is what stuck out to me in his writing:

" For example, he’s made just 3-of-15 shots from the post this season, but that doesn’t mean much. The more noteworthy takeaway from that stat is the fact is that he’s only attempted 15 shots in the post through 12 games.  "

He's writing about the lack of use of Zimmerman in Dave Rice's half-court offense.  Think about that, in 12 games so far, our 7-footer has only attempted 15 shots in the post.  So he's being used on the perimeter or being ignored.  I thought Zimmerman was the keystone for this team and everything would be built around the prized recruit.  I'm very surprised that Big Zimm's talent is being squandered.