Rebels18

Fire Dave Rice

Coaching matters only to the extent that you put your players in positions to succeed.  Many coaches could have won a championship with Duke's roster.

Unlikely..... nobody has had more talent the last 5 years than Calipari and he even lost to freaking Robert Morris in an NIT game. Making statements like that indicate that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Stick to the troll derby cause that's about the only thing you're good at. 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

Coaching matters only to the extent that you put your players in positions to succeed. Many coaches could have won a championship with Duke's roster.

Putting players in a position to succeed though is huge.

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?

A little more comolicated then simply putting players in right position.

Have to be able to identify talent that fits your scheme...Rice has basically ignored this and just took best guys available and hope it works out

I consider that part of recruiting and in that aspect, he's failed to recruit. Granted, then, again we have no system.

UNLV Athletics @UNLVathletics 3h3 hours ago

Registration Open For Dave Rice Basketball Camps http://www.unlvrebels.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/042815aaa.html  #UNLVmbb @CoachDaveRice

10 retweets 5 favorites

I wonder what you learn at the Dave Rice basketball camps. Maybe how to fall asleep? Or how to use up all your timeouts as fast as possible?

UNLV Athletics ‏@UNLVathletics 3h3 hours ago

Registration Open For Dave Rice Basketball Camps http://www.unlvrebels.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/042815aaa.html … #UNLVmbb @CoachDaveRice

10 retweets 5 favorites

I wonder what you learn at the Dave Rice basketball camps. Maybe how to fall asleep? Or how to use up all your timeouts as fast as possible?

I would love to sit in on the part about flagrant fouling away from the ball.Real nuts and bolts coaching. 

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

UNLV Athletics ‏@UNLVathletics 3h3 hours ago

Registration Open For Dave Rice Basketball Camps http://www.unlvrebels.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/042815aaa.html … #UNLVmbb @CoachDaveRice

10 retweets 5 favorites

Excerpt from Rice's camp:

Dave: Ok, guys. The first play of the game is the tip-off. If you lose the tip, call a time out immediately. You are going to want to make sure your defense is set up because you don't want to fall behind early. If you win the tip, call a timeout immediately. This is a big possession and you are going to want to make sure you get a bucket to start the game off on the right foot

Little Timmy: So... we want to call a timeout no matter what?

Dave: Now you're getting it, Timmy. Now you're getting it.

• Like 1

Do you think I believe that either? He is our coach now. There is nothing changing that from here till at least next March. Learn to live with it for the next 11 months at the very least.

He's been living with it for years. No one with a triple digit IQ thinks Rice is worth a shit.

And do we really need another DR thread?

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

He's been living with it for years. No one with a triple digit IQ thinks Rice is worth a shit.

And do we really need another DR thread?

I just wanted to mock the Why is SJSU so hated on here thread. Mug can delete this now, given that my troll derby run is over.

I just wanted to mock the Why is SJSU so hated on here thread. Mug can delete this now, given that my troll derby run is over.

Nah. I'll do one better. I'll merge it into the fire Dave rice thread.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Nah. I'll do one better. I'll merge it into the fire Dave rice thread.

Ironically, I think by doing this, it will for now out-length the Why is Utah state so hated on here thread.

Excerpt from Rice's camp:

Dave: Ok, guys. The first play of the game is the tip-off. If you lose the tip, call a time out immediately. You are going to want to make sure your defense is set up because you don't want to fall behind early. If you win the tip, call a timeout immediately. This is a big possession and you are going to want to make sure you get a bucket to start the game off on the right foot

Little Timmy: So... we want to call a timeout no matter what?

Dave: Now you're getting it, Timmy. Now you're getting it.

Lol. When do you get the lessons on how to stop blinking?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Ironically, I think by doing this, it will for now out-length the Why is Utah state so hated on here thread.

You were right. Congrats.

Lol. When do you get the lessons on how to stop blinking?

Once all Rice's timeouts have been used.

After anti-blinking lessons, you learn how to win off-season championships.

Then, you learn how to ask for extensions.

Update: Turns out this thread is currently the longest in the 10+ years of the board.

• Like 1

Update: Turns out this thread is currently the longest in the 10+ years of the board.

And we probably have 11 more months to go before we'll know if he'll be around or 2016/2017 , the goal should be Iowa State

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage