Rebels18

Fire Dave Rice

No I get the point. The Lon years were great for a certain segment of the fanbase and were content with the results lon was producing. Even if he didn't put in any effort to maximize the program's potential.

So Your point is then that we got rid of Lon to hire a coach that could get us to the next level as a program. We agree.

Then you do a complete 180 and lower expectations to Fit the coach who replaced Lon. No step up has been taken whatsoever. Yet you still argue for the coach who was hired to.take that step up, but has failed to do so.

Cocognitive Dissonance 101. Pick a theory and stick With it man.

You will never get to an elite level with elite recruits without good coaching.

We've seen elite talent wearing UNLV uniforms.

The sideline unfortunately hasn't produced. Nor gave us any reason to think it can produce.

I'm actually not sure that we have seen elite talent under Rice. We have seen a number one pick and a couple of other potential first round picks, but nobody is tearing up the NBA yet.

No I get the point. The Lon years were great for a certain segment of the fanbase and were content with the results lon was producing. Even if he didn't put in any effort to maximize the program's potential.

although i appreciated what lon did in elevating the program, i was not sorry to see lon go, for the reasons you listed above. it was time.

i'm curious, though, as to why you think rice deserves more time? and yes he recruits, i know that. but since he will be here next year at least, i really want to see what you see, i'm just having a really hard time after watching the lack of adjustments, the late game coaching, the lack of offensive sets (although i did see a really good play drawn up during the tournament!)...these things are on a coaching staff, not the 'youthful' kids trying to execute said lack of plays/adjustments. (i'd also love to see a little more motivation. maybe that will come),..what makes you so optimistic?

i will ask the same question of ph90702...

i will say, on the plus side, the rebs were better at attacking a zone, for the most part. and on the other end of the court, rice did implement a zone or two of his own, at times the 1-3-1 with wood up top was effective. but is that enough? should that be enough?

You will never get to an elite level without elite talent.  Your approach is stupid.

Brad Stevens at Butler?

• Like 1

You will never get to an elite level without elite talent.  Your approach is stupid.

SHUT THE FUCUK UP. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?????????????????????

YOU ARE SCARED TIMID AND WEK JUST LIKE RICE AND  YOU ASRE NOT WILLING TO ADMIT HE SUCKS.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH REPLACING RICE WITH BEN HOWLAND LIKE WE SHOULD HAVE DONE.

You are way way too focused on begin elite and think that with great players we are instantly elite. Our goal isn';t to be elite. That's stoo strict. Our goal is to be very good and we're not. We were under Kruger.

It's a shame that no one ever appreciates good basketball anymore. All everyone cares about our 5 star recruits and it's a shame.

Also, what makes Rice such a great coach? Do you ever watch basketball?

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?

Really? Intelligence smack from someone with an IQ of a rock?

larrydavid.gif

Your the one with an IQ of a rock.

Again, what makes Rice a great coach? And why doe sit matter that he is a UNLV grad?

SHUT THE FUCUK UP. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?????????????????????

YOU ARE SCARED TIMID AND WEK JUST LIKE RICE AND  YOU ASRE NOT WILLING TO ADMIT HE SUCKS.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH REPLACING RICE WITH BEN HOWLAND LIKE WE SHOULD HAVE DONE.

You are way way too focused on begin elite and think that with great players we are instantly elite. Our goal isn';t to be elite. That's stoo strict. Our goal is to be very good and we're not. We were under Kruger.

It's a shame that no one ever appreciates good basketball anymore. All everyone cares about our 5 star recruits and it's a shame.

Also, what makes Rice such a great coach? Do you ever watch basketball?

U Mad

giphy.gif

Evan going on a little rant, here.

Not trying to offend anyone, just sick of Rice supporters.

Really? Intelligence smack from someone with an IQ of a rock?

larrydavid.gif

I didn't go there with intelligence smack- but my test scores are a bit higher than a rock's.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

Not trying to offend anyone, just sick of Rice supporters.

I'm not sick of Rice supporters, there are some guys who recently have made some good posts and reasons why they think he will succeed. WhoDat had a good post yesterday and it wasn't some one line sentence of shit. He listed his reasons and some of them were pretty good. Maybe I'm wrong and honestly I'd love to be because it means we are winning but if you are going to defend the job or lack there of by Rice then back it up. 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

So Your point is then that we got rid of Lon to hire a coach that could get us to the next level as a program. We agree.

Then you do a complete 180 and lower expectations to Fit the coach who replaced Lon. No step up has been taken whatsoever. Yet you still argue for the coach who was hired to.take that step up, but has failed to do so.

Cocognitive Dissonance 101. Pick a theory and stick With it man.

You forget it took Lon awhile to get going as well. He didn't have a great couple years here. There's been step up in various areas, notably recruiting and Rice is out there putting in the effort.

Second I'm not lowering my expectations, I've already stated my expectations for next season numerous times which are quite high. I've also stated my disappointment with this past season. The only difference here is that I don't have an axe to grind because Theus/Howland et al. didn't get hired by UNLV. It is quite obvious that this upcoming year is absolutely critical to Rice's job security beyond this upcoming season. Failing expectations, he will need to go.

I'm not sick of Rice supporters, there are some guys who recently have made some good posts and reasons why they think he will succeed. WhoDat had a good post yesterday and it wasn't some one line sentence of shit. He listed his reasons and some of them were pretty good. Maybe I'm wrong and honestly I'd love to be because it means we are winning but if you are going to defend the job or lack there of by Rice then back it up. 

I don't consider WhoDat a Rice supporter. But regarding that post, I don't agree have enough faith in Rice for any kind of improvement. How are we gonna build a real NCAA resume? Rice coached teams usually suck out out of the gate, so I reckon we'll get smoked in Maui. We won';t beat Arizona again. Where are the big wins gonna come from? If Rice is smart, he starts scheduling good mid-majors to make a resume like CSU does.

I'm talking about Rosgreen/ph90702 mainly when I talk about the Rice supporters. And 90% of Rebel Neters.

Lon Kruger had more wins and less losses than Dave Rice when comparing their first four years at UNLV...

And he took over a team that about 4th in the MWC, when Rice took over he took over a team that had 3 NCAA tournament appearances and 3 wins in 4 years. 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage