Rebels18

Fire Dave Rice

That is the need for sure.  Basketball hasn't ever had a problem raising money for their needs.

Yeah...........don't see this Fertitta money being used for anything but football related facilities.

Basketball can get the money it needs - heck donations built the Mendenhall Center

If this $30 million is real, does it come with the expectation that the money be used on football only ??? 

whether it does or not, if unlv doesn't have to spend so much of their own money for football, that frees up an awful lot of cash to be spent on basketball. they could easily afford a new coach for what they save.

whether it does or not, if unlv doesn't have to spend so much of their own money for football, that frees up an awful lot of cash to be spent on basketball. they could easily afford a new coach for what they save.

In that respect I agree, it might free up some dollars that were slated to go to FB

So, how much do we pay UNLV to take a one and done in Santa Barbara?

Oh shut up.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

It's pretty clear now that Dave Rice wasn't the key behind BYU's success---head coach Dave Rose is.

I don't get why UNLV doesn't try to play like how BYU is playing right now.  Meaning running and playing a fast paced game.  UNLV doesn't seem to recruit enough shooters on the team.

His players don't dictate the pace of the game.

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?

Watching Iowa State, it's amazing how much better BDJ look, not just that he is making threes, he's moving more off the ball, making quicker decisions, helping hitting the glass, and defending better

He's been playing very well all year so far.  He's a really good college player but we'll see if he can keep his composure if the Cyclones start dropping a few games.  I sure wish Rice could have gotten through to him.

Watching Iowa State, it's amazing how much better BDJ look, not just that he is making threes, he's moving more off the ball, making quicker decisions, helping hitting the glass, and defending better

MUCH better FT shooter too. Just his entire game drastically improved.

He's a player that needs discipline and guidance, and received none at USC and UNLV. Now that he's under a competent HC he's excelling.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

I feel bad for guards who commit to UNLV. Your career is basically over. No development and poor coaching.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

MUCH better FT shooter too. Just his entire game drastically improved.

He's a player that needs discipline and guidance, and received none at USC and UNLV. Now that he's under a competent HC he's excelling.

The greatest thing ever would be to get Hoiberg to UNLV.  Seriously. Not  just because he's a great coach but also because those ISU fans are literally so butt-hurt over losing Vaughn and so proud of themselves for taming BDJ so far (wait untill they lose a few games).  Their heads would literally explode.  If you want a good laugh, go to cyclonefanatic.com and see how obsessed they are with UNLV and how proud they are of their ok program.  They think UNLV plays in front of 3k people in a rec center. Their board reminds me of lobolair in the Alford era but way worse. They just don't understand why every recruit isn't beating down their door.  After all, they are in Ames, Iowa and play in front of 12k a night! Nobody else in the country is that lucky!  

The greatest thing ever would be to get Hoiberg to UNLV.  Seriously. Not  just because he's a great coach but also because those ISU fans are literally so butt-hurt over losing Vaughn and so proud of themselves for taming BDJ so far (wait untill they lose a few games).  Their heads would literally explode.  If you want a good laugh, go to cyclonefanatic.com and see how obsessed they are with UNLV and how proud they are of their ok program.  They think UNLV plays in front of 3k people in a rec center. Their board reminds me of lobolair in the Alford era but way worse. They just don't understand why every recruit isn't beating down their door.  After all, they are in Ames, Iowa and play in front of 12k a night! Nobody else in the country is that lucky!  

he got a flagrant 1 already last week sometime. his pocket got picked and he rode the guy on the fast break and then shoved him to the side as he was shooting. but the fans probably didn't mention that, did they, lol.

and yes, their heads would explode if holberg left to come here.

BDJ absolutely killed it last night at ISU, against a ranked Arkansas team, with Musburger on the call and 20 something NBA scouts in attendance.  Last night wasn't his only good game either this year. BDJ right now would be first team all Big-12.  If Bryce continues to behave himself and play like this, it could be a key nail in Rice's coffin.  

BDJ absolutely killed it last night at ISU, against a ranked Arkansas team, with Musburger on the call and 20 something NBA scouts in attendance.  Last night wasn't his only good game either this year. BDJ right now would be first team all Big-12.  If Bryce continues to behave himself and play like this, it could be a key nail in Rice's coffin.  

Yeah BDJ had a great night.  4-4 3 point attempts.  8-8 from the floor.  #20 ISU whooped ass on #18 Arkansas.  But, as the Rebel-Nutters would say he was a cancer.  Phucking Rice destroying UNLV and the fan base.  He should do the honorable thing and quit.  But, he doesn't recognize his limitations.  God I hope Tina is paying attention to this phuck.

I have a different opinion on who the CANCER really is.

• Like 2

I think it's looking obvious that Rice won't turn around this ship and this year at best you are looking at a NIT berth, I mean they couldn't even compete with a pac 12 bottom feeder that has a poor coach full of juco guys for 40 minutes. Why not talk about candidates other than Theus? What other (realistic) names would UNLV (or their fans) be interested in?

I think there are a lot of coaches who would be interested in the UNLV job because of where it is and many of them remember the days of Tark and know how hungry the fan base is to return to that era. A lot of egos would love to be the one to do it. Obviously someone like Pitino or Izzo aren't taking the job but my guess is you could get a lot of really good coaches in here. I have no idea what McDermott makes at Creighton but he would be a guy I would look at. Another guy I really and I mean really like is Tim Cluess, he's the guy at Iona and has developed that team into a nice little MAAC power. They've won 20 plus games every year and if you go back to his days at a small Long Island school called CW Post he hasn't won less than 19 games ever, one his CW Post team went 30-1. He's won 25 games at Iona twice. Now I understand people will say it's the MAAC but in a conference like this teams rarely stay at the top for very long because it's the type of league that focuses on seniors and you build for that 1 or 2 year stretch that Iona has won the regular season title 2 of the last 3 years and won the tournament the one year they didn't. His career winning percentage is 73%. I don't care where you coach that's pretty impressive. His teams score.... a lot so he knows offense but the one downside is they also tend to get out rebounded and don't play great defense. I also don't think you get him away from the East Coast but I think he's type for the St John's or Seton Hall job although I think Seton Hall would prefer Danny Hurley. He's going to go to either an A10 or Catholic league school and have lots of success there. 

That is exactly what I thought, if football can self sustain itself for a few years at least the school can free up a lot of money to target a big time coach. I don't think Chambers goes anywhere so we are set in baseball and the other coaches make so little that they will all be able to do what they need. If the rumored money is true it's not just a good thing for the football program but a great thing for the rest of the athletic dept. What I have bene trying to tell these dopes who want to drop football is they don't understand how much better it makes the basketball side of things if you have a good football team. 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

I think there are a lot of coaches who would be interested in the UNLV job because of where it is and many of them remember the days of Tark and know how hungry the fan base is to return to that era. A lot of egos would love to be the one to do it. Obviously someone like Pitino or Izzo aren't taking the job but my guess is you could get a lot of really good coaches in here. I have no idea what McDermott makes at Creighton but he would be a guy I would look at. Another guy I really and I mean really like is Tim Cluess, he's the guy at Iona and has developed that team into a nice little MAAC power. They've won 20 plus games every year and if you go back to his days at a small Long Island school called CW Post he hasn't won less than 19 games ever, one his CW Post team went 30-1. He's won 25 games at Iona twice. Now I understand people will say it's the MAAC but in a conference like this teams rarely stay at the top for very long because it's the type of league that focuses on seniors and you build for that 1 or 2 year stretch that Iona has won the regular season title 2 of the last 3 years and won the tournament the one year they didn't. His career winning percentage is 73%. I don't care where you coach that's pretty impressive. His teams score.... a lot so he knows offense but the one downside is they also tend to get out rebounded and don't play great defense. I also don't think you get him away from the East Coast but I think he's type for the St John's or Seton Hall job although I think Seton Hall would prefer Danny Hurley. He's going to go to either an A10 or Catholic league school and have lots of success there. 

That is exactly what I thought, if football can self sustain itself for a few years at least the school can free up a lot of money to target a big time coach. I don't think Chambers goes anywhere so we are set in baseball and the other coaches make so little that they will all be able to do what they need. If the rumored money is true it's not just a good thing for the football program but a great thing for the rest of the athletic dept. What I have bene trying to tell these dopes who want to drop football is they don't understand how much better it makes the basketball side of things if you have a good football team. 

Does Cluess have WC recruiting ties? I personally like what Russell Turner has done at UC Irvine, but he hasn't been to the NCAA's.

I like Dan Monson, but his LBSU program is a minor train wreck. I like Steve Masiello at Manhattan, but he lied about his degree. Weber State coach Randy Rahe is another option.

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?