Rebels18

Fire Dave Rice

See, but BYU has nowhere near the history or tradition in basketball that UNLV does.

UNLV should have year after year of better performances in the tourney and conference than BYU has had.

What people like me say is that it's not 1987 and it's not easy for schools not in the SEC/Big 12/BE/ACC/PAC 12 to have that type of success. Throw in SDSU has built themselves into arguably the best school in California and New Mexico the best in the Rocky Mountain States and it's not easy for UNLV to be "elite" . UNLV killed their basketball program the day Maxson was hired. Kruger brought them back from the dead but Rice has the shovel in hand. I admit I was wrong about the guy, I thought with his recruits and talk of the style he wanted we would be a Sweet 16 type team every year with the occasional down year. Rice has shown that if you can't lead young men regardless of how talented they are the team will struggle.

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

That is my feeling, that Tre Willis/Wink Adams team was a disaster and while he managed to get us back to the Dance twice after that I never really thought those teams had much a chance to do anything.

I think Kruger did a bad job coaching those final 2 teams offensively on a consistent basis. Always peaked early, and would slump in January and February, and needed a modest late season surge to make the NCAA's.

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?

I thought with his recruits and talk of the style he wanted we would be a Sweet 16 type team every year with the occasional down year.

I'm not sure that this isn't what you have now.  I think Rice had Sweet 16 type teams the last two years and he just didn't get them to the Sweet 16.  This would be one of the occasional down years.

I'm not sure that this isn't what you have now.  I think Rice had Sweet 16 type teams the last two years and he just didn't get them to the Sweet 16.  This would be one of the occasional down years.

We have had S16 talent, but we don't perform to it 90% of the time. We have no coach, and it leads to losses that make me want to throw up.

UNLV has been in rough shape since Tark left. Bad coaching hire, after bad coaching hire strung together typically does that. That's why BYU, a program without UNLV's tradition has been on par or little better with us in terms of NCAA Tourney success over the years.

Kruger was in the process of digging us out of it, but progress was lost when we wasted our opportunity to build off of what Kruger left behind by hiring Rice. The moment Rice stepped foot on campus fans like Robert and I immediately knew he didn't have "it" . He didn't have what it takes to be a HC. Yet we're mocked for supporting Theus? Maybe considering how easily we anticipated Rice would fail at UNLV when no one else did--Maybe we know what we're talking about concerning Theus.

I've said this a thousand times since the day Rice was hired. My expertise is people. What I know more than anything, is people. I knew what kind of coach and leader Rice would be the moment I heard him speak: timid, insecure, weak-willed, cannot inspire loyalty or passion from anyone. Exact opposite with Theus, he just has "it", he has the charisma and conviction to lead and win.

You were all wrong about Rice, and I was right. Yet, you still think I don't know what I'm talking about when I see the coach UNLV needs in Theus.

Do me next!!  Haven't had a good reading since Sylvia Brown and John Edwards told me that I was going to win Power Ball and that Wyoming was going to beat Alabama for the final BCS championship.

Your "expertise" is laughable and the fact that you feel the need to brag about this "expertise" makes you look more of a clown than any Juggalo could ever aspire to....

I'm not a Rice fan...he is in over his head...but you and Robbie's view of what UNLV hoops is, is clownish at best in today's sports environment

Do me next!!  Haven't had a good reading since Sylvia Brown and John Edwards told me that I was going to win Power Ball and that Wyoming was going to beat Alabama for the final BCS championship.

Your "expertise" is laughable and the fact that you feel the need to brag about this "expertise" makes you look more of a clown than any Juggalo could ever aspire to....

I'm not a Rice fan...he is in over his head...but you and Robbie's view of what UNLV hoops is, is clownish at best in today's sports environment

In any profession, especially business the importance of body language and how you present yourself--whether you like it or not is vitally important how to being successful in whatever you're trying to do. If you don't seem like you believe in yourself, how can anyone believe in you and 'buy into' your vision? This is why coaches like Rice can't get his players to come together, to run his system how he envisioned at UNLV.

I'm not bragging. I just called it like it was with Rice. That his personality was not fitting to be a head coach where you're required to lead and motivate young men. Some people possess those abilities, some don't. Rice isn't one of those people, Theus is. I said this a long time ago and it was dismissed as 'clownish' but as usual it eas 100% spot on.

People like you and the 'insiders' over at Rebelnet didn't want to believe specifically that Rice's timid personality would equate into him being a bad HC. Probably because people like you and the folks over at Rebelnet saw alot of themselves in people like Rice and wanted him to succeed to show the world timid people can be put in positions of leadership and excel---they don't. That experiment is coming to a close at UNLV and will be over when Rice is shown the door.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

I like Fried Rice.  But, the menu has changed from Arroz Con Shroyer to Rice Balls.  Nobody wants to eat Rice Balls.

Arancini is awesome.......

I get them at Rocco's

photodune-5258998-arancini-fried-rice-ba

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

I believe there has been a group of MW boosters contributing heavily to UNLV in order to keep CDR. So he is paying dividends regardless of home records this year.

Why?

Or he may do just well enough next season to keep his job.

If UNLV still has a proud basketball tradition a drooling fool like Rice will never do well enough next year to keep his job.

Boom goes the dynamite.