Rebels18

Fire Dave Rice

Guest #1Stunner

BYU is doing just as bad as UNLV right now in basketball. They haven't been the same since they left the MW.

BYU has played a much tougher schedule than UNLV this year, and has some close losses to very good teams. They have 2 bad losses to WCC schools.

Dave Rose would win a lot of games if he was at UNLV and didn't have the recruiting restrictions that BYU has.

I think a lot if UNLV fans want a guy who looks and acts like Petino, though.

BYU has played a much tougher schedule than UNLV this year, and has some close losses to very good teams. They have 2 bad losses to WCC schools.

Dave Rose would win a lot of games if he was at UNLV and didn't have the recruiting restrictions that BYU has.

I think a lot if UNLV fans want a guy who looks and acts like Petino, though.

Wouldnt want anyone else from BYU

Well they did have a NCAA Tournament appearance and a historic comeback against Iona to get a win in the dance, I'd say that's a step above UNLV the last 5 years.

See, but BYU has nowhere near the history or tradition in basketball that UNLV does.

UNLV should have year after year of better performances in the tourney and conference than BYU has had.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Well they did have a NCAA Tournament appearance and a historic comeback against Iona to get a win in the dance, I'd say that's a step above UNLV the last 5 years.

Well, they were never a 6 and 5 seed since they left the MW.

Go look at the cannon.

Basketball>Football

has some close losses to very good teams. They have 2 bad losses to WCC schools.

Sounds like UNLV.

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?

I'm more familiar with SDSU beating us here than UNLV.  That bunch you have with that coach is not winning here.  

I don't give UNLV much of a chance to win this year either but the Rebels have won at the PIt in 2010, 2011 and 2007.  They lost in OT in 2009.    

UNLV has been in rough shape since Tark left. Bad coaching hire, after bad coaching hire strung together typically does that. That's why BYU, a program without UNLV's tradition has been on par or little better with us in terms of NCAA Tourney success over the years.

Kruger was in the process of digging us out of it, but progress was lost when we wasted our opportunity to build off of what Kruger left behind by hiring Rice. The moment Rice stepped foot on campus fans like Robert and I immediately knew he didn't have "it" . He didn't have what it takes to be a HC. Yet we're mocked for supporting Theus? Maybe considering how easily we anticipated Rice would fail at UNLV when no one else did--Maybe we know what we're talking about concerning Theus.

I've said this a thousand times since the day Rice was hired. My expertise is people. What I know more than anything, is people. I knew what kind of coach and leader Rice would be the moment I heard him speak: timid, insecure, weak-willed, cannot inspire loyalty or passion from anyone. Exact opposite with Theus, he just has "it", he has the charisma and conviction to lead and win.

You were all wrong about Rice, and I was right. Yet, you still think I don't know what I'm talking about when I see the coach UNLV needs in Theus.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

UNLV has been in rough shape since Tark left. Bad coaching hire, after bad coaching hire strung together typically does that. That's why BYU, a program without UNLV's tradition has been on par or little better with us in terms of NCAA Tourney success over the years.

Kruger was in the process of digging us out of it, but progress was lost when we wasted our opportunity to build off of what Kruger left behind by hiring Rice. The moment Rice stepped foot on campus fans like Robert and I immediately knew he didn't have "it" . He didn't have what it takes to be a HC. Yet we're mocked for supporting Theus? Maybe considering how easily we anticipated Rice would fail at UNLV when no one else did--Maybe we know what we're talking about concerning Theus.

I've said this a thousand times since the day Rice was hired. My expertise is people. What I know more than anything, is people. I knew what kind of coach and leader Rice would be the moment I heard him speak: timid, insecure, weak-willed, cannot inspire loyalty or passion from anyone. Exact opposite with Theus, he just has "it", he has the charisma and conviction to lead and win.

You were all wrong about Rice, and I was right. Yet, you still think I don't know what I'm talking about when I see the coach UNLV needs in Theus.

I've already said you were right!  What do you want a effin ribbon.

Kruger reached a celling at UNLV. I think most of the ppl on here agree that the wheels are coming off the buss for CDR. I'm still not sold on RT.

Things were on a downward trend with Kruger

I reckon had he stayed, we'd be in just as bad as we are now. Actually, he would have been left a lame duck (his contract was expiring fwolling 2011-12) and been canned at the end of 2011-12, where he likely would have "retired".

Things were on a downward trend with Kruger

That is my feeling, that Tre Willis/Wink Adams team was a disaster and while he managed to get us back to the Dance twice after that I never really thought those teams had much a chance to do anything.

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage