Warbow

June Jones back to Hawaii

Please no more GD triple option offenses in this conference. They are borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring to watch.

I personally like the triple option when its ran well...plus it makes the game go by faster as opposed to the run and shoot were the clock stops with every incompletion.

Hughes Stadium panoramic Utah05 - 2

I don't get why there is this obsession with getting someone with Hawaiian ties. Why? Because you think there is some sort of fantasy scenario where he could keep the best local kids at home?

Newsflash, any kid with the opportunity to go to a BCS program will get off the Island so fast it will make your heads spin. Just like the top kids leave Fresno, and Boise, and Las Vegas, etc.

There is no magic recruiting menehune that will deliver you the next Marcus Mariota or Manti Te'o.

Hawaii is a hard MFing place to win at. June Jones was the best coach you ever had...I would think you'd want him back. He got enough of the local kids, and enough of the mainland kids to win consistently.

The Navy coach would be an absolute fail on the Island because he's not going to get the type of smart kids needed to run that offense he gets at Navy.

Do yourself a favor and hire Pat Hill.

Y

You're an idiot. It takes a special type of guy to coach in Hawaii and adjust to the local lifestyle. The last guy with no local ties we hired was fired after going 0-12. He had no clue on how to recruit Hawaii and refused to learn the culture.

Bob Wagner and Dick Tomey had good success recruiting the local talent and won with them. JJ wasn't much of a recruiter and refused to visit the homes of the local recruits or visit their schools or high school coaches.

You saying Hawaii doesn't have the smart kids to run that offense. Bigot MF. Hawaii won the old WAC and killed BYU numerous times running that offense with Paul Johnson as the OC. You're fricken idiot.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

June Would Go

And he did.

Babers is my pick.

Chow can kick rocks.

Go Warriors! Go Bows! Go Wahine! GO HAWAI'I!!

aloha-stadium.jpg

This is Mountain West Country

ALOHA!

Follow me on Twitter! @UHawkFan12

Pat Hill would win at Hawaii.  He's a hell of a talent scout and he'd find tons of talent that didn't make it to a mainland program in Hawaii.  The media would like him in Honolulu at first, although eventually they'd probably hate'm just like the Bee did.

But PH is too shopworn to be very attractive at this point, and the Bows are infatuated with the run n shoot.  Can't see it happening.

I would love to see Pat at Hawaii and I think you're right, he would win some games there.  He's good for 7-5 just about every year in this league with the occasional 9-3/10-2 years as well as a few 4-8 years.  

He's also a pro style guy who can work with the players Hawaii has.  

Do yourself a favor and hire Pat Hill.

He might get an interview at Hawai'i but most likely he is going to end up as either the HC at Washington or, if Peterson beats him out, HC at Boise State.

I've got me a little birdy.

Yoda out...

____________________________________________...

After deleting some of my posts and closing the offending SteveAztec thread, a couple of elites have been able to open it long enough to respond to me anyway.  And since I can’t respond on a closed thread, here is my response…

Other than the initial inquiry, this has never been about letting Steve post again; I doubt that he even wants to post here.  My complaint is about his treatment on this board and the failure of admins to control attacks on him – and worse, to sometimes participate in those attacks.

Steve was first banned on the SDSU board.  When he was banned, it was a sufficiently controversial that they started what became an 8 page thread on the topic to justify the decision (https://aztecmesa.proboards.com/thread/9747/steve-aztec-longer-member-board).  It is clear that Steve had support in the community and there was some criticism for the Board Administrators for having failed to “expel the dozens of people who've been taunting him.”  (And take a look at the thread that I bumped; initially it was supporters happy about Steve getting a radio show.  Then the haters arrived.)

I can’t say if Steve took it too far in response, but I will say that he denies most of various accusations and adds important missing context to others.  But I wasn’t a party to any of the events and can’t say who is in the right and who is in the wrong.  And I have to admit that if half of what has been said about him is true, depending on context, I might well have banned him too.  Or more likely I might have banned those who were taunting him.  (Steve had lost a brother-in-law to suicide and there have been a number of memes of people blowing their brains out, as well as posts blaming Steve or his sister for the suicide – and admins apparently let it go.)

I am in no position to evaluate the truth or falsity of the laundry list of claims made on this board about how Steve responded to all this.  My complaint, however, is about his treatment on this board.  I may be wrong, but his banning on this board at least appears to have been less about what he did on this board and more a carryover from the SDSU banning.  The same taunting continued – more suicide memes – apparently ignored by the admins. Utenation supposedly posted the first and it is explained away because he didn’t know about the suicide.  But was the post taken down?  Was an apology issued?   Indeed, for years, admins on this board have allowed Steve to be vilified based on little more than anecdotal hearsay.  This is a privately owned board, but it is not a private board – anyone can join.  And more than that, It’s not an anonymous board; people know who Steve.  You have a duty to protect your posters from libelous statements and unproven allegations -- especially when, having been banned themselves, they have no ability to defend themselves.

Even Retrofade (who says he’s not a mod but can post to closed threads) put up a “blowing his brains out” meme several years ago.  He knew that Steve lost his brother-in-law to suicide, and he now says that “Steve is a mentally disturbed individual”, which is libelous by the way, but excuses his meme as nothing more than being in “poor taste”.  Apparently it is okay with the board's current admins to taunt a "mentally disturbed person" because the post has never been taken down.  The poster has never been admonished.  And there has been no apology, unless you consider "he deserved it" to be an apology.

In my view, you owe Steve an apology for the treatment that you have tolerated and, in some cases, engaged in.  A former Aztec board went out of business when sued (not by Steve).  It won’t be the last one.  You need to fix this.  You need to administer your board and prevent libelous and incendiary attacks -- hearsay-- on posters. 

He might get an interview at Hawai'i but most likely he is going to end up as either the HC at Washington or, if Peterson beats him out, HC at Boise State.I've got me a little birdy.Yoda out....

How can he get an interview with Hawaii if we have no opening? Your birdy Is crazy, no way any of those schools even thinks about hiring him. The dude did less with more then any other coach I know.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Guest #1Stunner

He might get an interview at Hawai'i but most likely he is going to end up as either the HC at Washington or, if Peterson beats him out, HC at Boise State.

Yoda out...

I don't think Washington would bother with Pat Hill.   Sorry, I think they think they can get better,

And Boise probably has a pick of various former assistants that they would hire on as their head coach.

Pat Hill --- most likely hired on at Wyoming or Hawaii.

Guest #1Stunner

How can he get an interview with Hawaii if we have no opening? Your birdy Is crazy, no way any of those schools even thinks about hiring him. The dude did less with more then any other coach I know.

Didn't Norm Chow make a bunch of comments lately that he is feeling pretty old and that being a head coach is more draining than he thought.  That he might not be cut out for it?

That doesn't sound good if he is going around saying that, and Hawaii decides to keep him on as the head coach.  Terrible for recruiting.  How is Hawaii's recruiting looking this year? 

Rolo is old news. Rolo showed this year that Ault was the mastermind of the Nevada offense the year before. Plus he's not much of a recruiter as far as I could see. He couldn't do any better with Fajardo this year from the previous year. Pass on Rolo.

We've been a bit disappointed with Rolo this year. BUT, you have to be fair.

Cody was out some games with a knee injury and returned with limited speed. And the OL was thinner than a contestant in the Miss Ethiopia pageant. We're talking a walk-on true freshman starting at center, and other really new kids. There wasn't any guys on the bench to really rotate in. Bitonio was the only experienced stud we had left.

And you could make the arguement that the RB position didn't explode with one guy above the others. Injuries and things like that.

So, you really do need to get all the variable facts before you can make an honest fair evaluation of Rolo.

kat.jpg

He might get an interview at Hawai'i but most likely he is going to end up as either the HC at Washington or, if Peterson beats him out, HC at Boise State.I've got me a little birdy.Yoda out....

No thanks, the guy is a gatekeeper. He can win but can never get over that one hump

Related image

Didn't Norm Chow make a bunch of comments lately that he is feeling pretty old and that being a head coach is more draining than he thought.  That he might not be cut out for it?

That doesn't sound good if he is going around saying that, and Hawaii decides to keep him on as the head coach.  Terrible for recruiting.  How is Hawaii's recruiting looking this year?

He said that comment was taken out of context. Chow recently said on his weekly show that he is here to stay if they would have him. If he was going to be let go, they already would have done it. That's the way Hawaii rolls. The decision to fire a coach has always been made prior to the last game.

He's here for one more year. I can't say the same thing for some of his asst's. DC Kaumeyer is on the chopping block and we still don't have an OC. Maybe a deal is being worked with Babers to take over as OC with the intention of taking over for Chow after next year. Sort of what Jimbo Fisher did at Florida state with Bobby Bowden.

Y

You're an idiot. It takes a special type of guy to coach in Hawaii and adjust to the local lifestyle. The last guy with no local ties we hired was fired after going 0-12. He had no clue on how to recruit Hawaii and refused to learn the culture.

Bob Wagner and ++++ Tomey had good success recruiting the local talent and won with them. JJ wasn't much of a recruiter and refused to visit the homes of the local recruits or visit their schools or high school coaches.

You saying Hawaii doesn't have the smart kids to run that offense. Bigot MF. Hawaii won the old WAC and killed BYU numerous times running that offense with Paul Johnson as the OC. You're fricken idiot.

Chow Chow is about as local as it gets. Howzit workin' out fo ya brah?

Adjust to local lifestyle? You mean a coach that will look the other way when kids shuffle into a meeting 20 minutes late or miss a practice?

If Chow is around for another year, I hope he can get the ship righted and pull together the coaching staff and horses to win a few games.

The MW NEEDS Hawaii to be competitive.  As a FB only member, they make no sense if they are not helping the conference competitively. 

Chow Chow is about as local as it gets. Howzit workin' out fo ya brah?

Adjust to local lifestyle? You mean a coach that will look the other way when kids shuffle into a meeting 20 minutes late or miss a practice?

On the recruiting front, Chow has been doing better than any other coach we have had in the last 20 years. The last of Mac's players are slowly departing. No excuse for him not to win next year with his own recruits. We have several quality redshirts (Chow's recruits) that will start next year. We'll see how that turns out.

As far as the Hawaii lifestyle, you got to understand it to be able to coach in Hawaii. Many mainland coaches learn it and adapt to it. Others don't and fail. Hawaii has had many of asst coaches give it a try and end up leaving after one year. Like being in the military, you have to adapt to the eviroment you're in or it will be an unpleaseant expreience for you.  

If Chow is around for another year, I hope he can get the ship righted and pull together the coaching staff and horses to win a few games.

The MW NEEDS Hawaii to be competitive.  As a FB only member, they make no sense if they are not helping the conference competitively. 

True, true and true. 

Y.

Sounds like the birdy is Hill's agent since neither scenario is going to happen.

Boom goes the dynamite.

I don't think Washington would bother with Pat Hill.   Sorry, I think they think they can get better,

And Boise probably has a pick of various former assistants that they would hire on as their head coach.

Pat Hill --- most likely hired on at Wyoming or Hawaii.

This. And he would be a GOOD hire for them.

Boom goes the dynamite.