Warbow

June Jones back to Hawaii

Rumors are getting stronger. Hope the bum rots at SMU.

http://www.mwcconnection.com/2013/12/3/5172422/june-jones-be-heading-back-to-hawaii-per-report

http://footballrumormill.com/2013/12/03/rumor-mill-college-football-coaching-news-rumors-tuesday-dec-3/

"Multiple sources feel it’s likely June Jones will either leave SMU on his own accord or be fired. The national media is starting to report some chatter as well."

"Sources tell us that Hawaii head coach Norm Chow is weary of the job already and that the school might be happy for him to move along. There are strong rumors June Jones could return."

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Guest #1Stunner

Hawaii needs new blood as their head football coach, and someone who isn't too old.   The Circle of Life....

Candidates:

(1) Robert Anae (Offensive Coordinator at BYU).  Graduate of BYU & Hawaii and Kahuku HS, Native of Hawaii.

(2) Kilani Sitake (Defensive Coordinator at Utah).  Graduate of BYU and Native of Tonga.

(3) Ken Niumatalolo (Head Coach at Navy).  Graduate of Hawaii, and Native of Hawaii.

Hawaii needs new blood as their head football coach, and someone who isn't too old.   The Circle of Life....

Candidates:

(1) Robert Anae (Offensive Coordinator at BYU).  Graduate of BYU & Hawaii and Kahuku HS, Native of Hawaii.

(2) Kilani Sitake (Defensive Coordinator at Utah).  Graduate of BYU and Native of Tonga.

(3) Ken Niumatalolo (Head Coach at Navy).  Graduate of Hawaii, and Native of Hawaii.

No to all 3.

1) Enough with the BYU and Utah connections. We need someone with Hawaii connections.

2) Chow tried to hire Sitake when he became Hawaii's coach. Sitake wants to remain in Utah. There's also some Tongan-Samoan riff that goes way back in history. It would be hard for him to recruit local Samoans here.

3) Kenny N. just signed an extension with Navy and has said he plans to retire to Hawaii after that.

I think Dino Babers at Eastern Illinois would be the best candidate. Former Hawaii player and asst coach.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Would Rolovich be a candidate at Hawaii? I don't know if he is as hot of a name as he was last year but he is still a young upcoming coach would played and coached at Hawaii.

Rolo is old news. Rolo showed this year that Ault was the mastermind of the Nevada offense the year before. Plus he's not much of a recruiter as far as I could see. He couldn't do any better with  Fajardo this year from the previous year. Pass on Rolo.

Rolo is old news. Rolo showed this year that Ault was the mastermind of the Nevada offense the year before. Plus he's not much of a recruiter as far as I could see. He couldn't do any better with  Fajardo this year from the previous year. Pass on Rolo.

I would only say back that a young coach who is now a pretty good coach in both the Air Raid as well as the Pistol wouldn't be a bad thing. Also as someone who had success at Hawaii.

The poor recruiting surprises me. I've known him for a long time and he is an outstanding person to talk to. 

I would only say back that a young coach who is now a pretty good coach in both the Air Raid as well as the Pistol wouldn't be a bad thing. Also as someone who had success at Hawaii.

The poor recruiting surprises me. I've known him for a long time and he is an outstanding person to talk to. 

He's more of a Run & Shoot guy with the Pistol mixed in. He was our QB coach the year before he took over as the OC and left us high and dry with no decent QB for this season and last. Chow had to depend on a couple of transfers this year and last. I blame Hawaii's offensive woes on Rolo more than anyone else. After Moniz, Salas and Pilaris left, we had nothing for skilled positions and he didn't recruit any.

Basically I got the impression that he is lazy, both on the coaching and recruiting front. I guess he would make a good OC for some team with talent that's already there but if he has to go out and get his own talent, you're doomed.

Candidates:

Please no more GD triple option offenses in this conference. They are borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring to watch.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Please no more GD triple option offenses in this conference. They are borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring to watch.

Maybe Rockys guy from Pulaski,ther no punt hero?

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

Totally agree. Babers understudied with Briles and runs a variation of the wide-open Baylor offense at Eastern Illinois. They lead the FCS in YPG this year. Would love to see that at UH.

Haha so Chow spends 3 recruiting classes trying to get players to execute a pro-style offense, then it's change back to a spread/air raid passing O again?

Disaster waiting to happen

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

Haha so Chow spends 3 recruiting classes trying to get players to execute a pro-style offense, then it's change back to a spread/air raid passing O again?

does anybody know how tall norm chow is?

I don't get why there is this obsession with getting someone with Hawaiian ties. Why? Because you think there is some sort of fantasy scenario where he could keep the best local kids at home? 

Newsflash, any kid with the opportunity to go to a BCS program will get off the Island so fast it will make your heads spin. Just like the top kids leave Fresno, and Boise, and Las Vegas, etc.

There is no magic recruiting menehune that will deliver you the next Marcus Mariota or Manti Te'o. 

Hawaii is a hard MFing place to win at. June Jones was the best coach you ever had...I would think you'd want him back. He got enough of the local kids, and enough of the mainland kids to win consistently.

The Navy coach would be an absolute fail on the Island because he's not going to get the type of smart kids needed to run that offense he gets at Navy.

Do yourself a favor and hire Pat Hill.

Pat Hill would win at Hawaii.  He's a hell of a talent scout and he'd find tons of talent that didn't make it to a mainland program in Hawaii.  The media would like him in Honolulu at first, although eventually they'd probably hate'm just like the Bee did.

But PH is too shopworn to be very attractive at this point, and the Bows are infatuated with the run n shoot.  Can't see it happening.

I don't get why there is this obsession with getting someone with Hawaiian ties. Why? Because you think there is some sort of fantasy scenario where he could keep the best local kids at home?

Newsflash, any kid with the opportunity to go to a BCS program will get off the Island so fast it will make your heads spin. Just like the top kids leave Fresno, and Boise, and Las Vegas, etc.

There is no magic recruiting menehune that will deliver you the next Marcus Mariota or Manti Te'o.

Hawaii is a hard MFing place to win at. June Jones was the best coach you ever had...I would think you'd want him back. He got enough of the local kids, and enough of the mainland kids to win consistently.

The Navy coach would be an absolute fail on the Island because he's not going to get the type of smart kids needed to run that offense he gets at Navy.

Do yourself a favor and hire Pat Hill.

and all this time I thought you was the enemy.homo.

Not really, June Jones and the Fresno coach did it with ease pretty fast. It's the other way around that is hard to do, going from a spread to pro style.