Warbow

Was Wyoming, New Mexico and Colorado St a good keep?

Of the remaining original members, UNM is the all-time MWC leader in combined regular season/conference titles, and usually   the MWC's highest finisher in the Director's Cup Standings.  Do your homework before spouting off.

I did.  The excellence in management cup is awarded for most bang for the buck in college athletics.  My school has been in the top-10 for years, and is one of only 4 non-aq schools on the list, year after year.  UNM is NOT on that list, thus my point stands.  Don't worry about doing any homework, just don't spout off, it makes you look stupid.

UNM getting kicked out of the MWC. Lolerz. Oh noes, our excellence in management cup numbers are lacking. 

I did.  The excellence in management cup is awarded for most bang for the buck in college athletics.  My school has been in the top-10 for years, and is one of only 4 non-aq schools on the list, year after year.  UNM is NOT on that list, thus my point stands.  Don't worry about doing any homework, just don't spout off, it makes you look stupid.

EM Cup results!  Lol!!! What a reach.  UNM has placed high on the EM Cup  list in past years.  Quit following those results years ago.  No one follows those results.

Lets take a look.  2009 Utah State National Champions for the EMC.  You had two sports that year earning points in the Learfield Directors Cup, Men's BB and Men's Track and field and ranked 229 with 35.63 points.  UNM was third in EMC in MW and 16th in the country ranked 62nd in LDC with 335 points in 6 sports, #8 non AQ.

2010 USU 3rd EMC, #236 LDC 25 pts from one sport Men's BB, UNM #26 EMC, #47 LDC 522 points from 11 sports.  #4 non AQ

2011 USU 4th EMC ##205 LDC 50 pts from 2 sports, Mens BB, Women's VB, UNM unranked EMC, # 57 LDC 368.5 pts from 11 sports #6 non AQ

2012USU  6th EMC, #213 LDC 50 pts from 2 sports, football, women's Soccer, UNM 14th EMC, #41 LDC 516 pts from 13 sports, #2 non AQ

2013 USU 20th EMC, #173 LDC 82 pts from 2 sports, football, women's Soccer, UNM 14th EMC, #51 LDC 445.25 pts from 9 sports, #3 non AQ

So in 5 years you had 9 sports teams earn a total of 246.3 points in the Learfield Directors Cup averaging    211th place of all sports teams.  

UNM's worst year earned 335 points.  

So, in an academic exercise that awards sports programs for having a low budget, you have the edge.  But when it comes to actual teams on the field UNM wins.  Don't forget that while you have been toiling away against the WAC teams, UNM was up against TCU and BYU who were regularly among the top rated non-aq's for the chance to earn points in the Learfield directors Cup.  

At this point any comparison of Athletic Departments isn't even close.  Now if you want to talk football, next question.  :)  

Just for grins, USU 2011-2012 Budget 19,700,480, UNM 2011-2012 Budget 40,428,116

Lets take a look.  2009 Utah State National Champions for the EMC.  You had two sports that year earning points in the Learfield Directors Cup, Men's BB and Men's Track and field and ranked 229 with 35.63 points.  UNM was third in EMC in MW and 16th in the country ranked 62nd in LDC with 335 points in 6 sports, #8 non AQ.

2010 USU 3rd EMC, #236 LDC 25 pts from one sport Men's BB, UNM #26 EMC, #47 LDC 522 points from 11 sports.  #4 non AQ

2011 USU 4th EMC ##205 LDC 50 pts from 2 sports, Mens BB, Women's VB, UNM unranked EMC, # 57 LDC 368.5 pts from 11 sports #6 non AQ

2012USU  6th EMC, #213 LDC 50 pts from 2 sports, football, women's Soccer, UNM 14th EMC, #41 LDC 516 pts from 13 sports, #2 non AQ

2013 USU 20th EMC, #173 LDC 82 pts from 2 sports, football, women's Soccer, UNM 14th EMC, #51 LDC 445.25 pts from 9 sports, #3 non AQ

So in 5 years you had 9 sports teams earn a total of 246.3 points in the Learfield Directors Cup averaging    211th place of all sports teams.  

UNM's worst year earned 335 points.  

So, in an academic exercise that awards sports programs for having a low budget, you have the edge.  But when it comes to actual teams on the field UNM wins.  Don't forget that while you have been toiling away against the WAC teams, UNM was up against TCU and BYU who were regularly among the top rated non-aq's for the chance to earn points in the Learfield directors Cup.  

At this point any comparison of Athletic Departments isn't even close.  Now if you want to talk football, next question.   :)

Just for grins, USU 2011-2012 Budget 19,700,480, UNM 2011-2012 Budget 40,428,116

Thanks for the info., however, I thought my original post spoke to money spent per championship, not how many championships there were.  My original original comment was in response to some dude thinking you're going to the Big 12.  In the director's cup, yep, you kick our butt.  But just think what you'd be able to do with our administration and your money.  Then we could talk Big 12.