Warbow

Boise St. to the Hawaii bowl?

My grandparents actually lived in Nanakuli when I was a kid. We made that trip their every weekend for a few years from Waipahu. Used to swim at Pokai Bay all the time. It's not as bad as people make it out to be but then I only had Waipahu to judge that against. Waianae use to dominate in high school footbal, not anymore as Kahuku has taken over.

They also have a good surfing spot at Mahaka and Kaena Point is pretty cool to walk around.  

But don't worry, if you mind your business and no make stink eye to anyone, they will welcome you. I'll ensure Ian wears his Boise St gear when we drop him off there.  :friends:

It was kind of cool as there were no tourists, that's how I like to roll. See the real part of where I am visiting. I didn't have any problems and I never expected any, I'm not a trouble maker.

I know what they were thinking, "typical tourists!" lol ;p only tourist ride around in a mustang with the top down! Hehe

Hope you enjoyed your stay!

Oh man, I loved my stay. As a kid growing up in the NE all I wanted to do was live in Hawaii, it's still something I'd like to do but I'm sure not very realistic. As a kid I used to love Nuu Faaola and Rich Miano as they played for the Jets. We now have Greg Salas who considering who is throwing him the ball is showing he can play in the NFL. It really was a beautiful part of the island that I was able to get some great pics. Best part of that trip was getting bumped up to 1st class and leaving my girflfriend who later became my wife in coach as I ate lobster claws.....lol. Somehow she didn't ditch me after that.

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

It was kind of cool as there were no tourists, that's how I like to roll. See the real part of where I am visiting. I didn't have any problems and I never expected any, I'm not a trouble maker.

Oh man, I loved my stay. As a kid growing up in the NE all I wanted to do was live in Hawaii, it's still something I'd like to do but I'm sure not very realistic. As a kid I used to love Nuu Faaola and Rich Miano as they played for the Jets. We now have Greg Salas who considering who is throwing him the ball is showing he can play in the NFL. It really was a beautiful part of the island that I was able to get some great pics. Best part of that trip was getting bumped up to 1st class and leaving my girflfriend who later became my wife in coach as I ate lobster claws.....lol. Somehow she didn't ditch me after that.

Right on brother! The west side is a depressed community but.....the Aloha spirit still reigns there. I am never ashamed to admit that I am a proud and productive product from that community. People bash that side of the island....but it helped make me the man I've become. Forever grateful.

Aloha and Mahalo Chris for trying too look deeper into our island paradise. Its not always paradise but its home. Imua and continued success to you and your wife.

rp_primary_UH_Lower_Campus.jpg

University of Hawai'i Athletics

Best part of that trip was getting bumped up to 1st class and leaving my girflfriend who later became my wife in coach as I ate lobster claws.....lol. Somehow she didn't ditch me after that.

She probably thought that since she joined the Mile High Club with someone else during that flight, you were even.

I thought you were going to show a pic of Junior Boy? What about posting a holiday card of you guys?

Like this one?

AeQPQRl.jpg

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Right on brother! The west side is a depressed community but.....the Aloha spirit still reigns there. I am never ashamed to admit that I am a proud and productive product from that community. People bash that side of the island....but it helped make me the man I've become. Forever grateful.

Aloha and Mahalo Chris for trying too look deeper into our island paradise. Its not always paradise but its home. Imua and continued success to you and your wife.

One thing I learned growing up is you don't judge people based on where they are from. I worked with a lot of Hawaiians that were kind of surprised I stopped over that way but like I told them, I don't go looking to start trouble but to educate myself. When I was in Bacelona last year I walked through the Muslim Neighborhood going into stores and eating at their places and people wanted to talk to me and ask me about America. They were surprised I didn't have any prejuidices, I grew up in a very urban area with people from all over the world so it's just what I grew up with.

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

IMHO, the Hawaii Bowl is the least attractive bowl for the fans coming from the mainland. It's on Christmas Eve and that trip cost$ a fortune.

IMHO, the Hawaii Bowl is the least attractive bowl for the fans coming from the mainland. It's on Christmas Eve and that trip cost$ a fortune.

Forgetting the fans just a bit.....the players have no gripes about coming to paradise with sunshine and sandy beaches that await them.

I'm going to be a bit selfish......I want a team like Boise here because the local fans might just try to show up to see the game. No offense but......SJSU? Not so much.

rp_primary_UH_Lower_Campus.jpg

University of Hawai'i Athletics

bump...

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

IMHO, the Hawaii Bowl is the least attractive bowl for the fans coming from the mainland. It's on Christmas Eve and that trip cost$ a fortune.

its like a reward for the players and staff, and the rich fans.  otherwise its really just a tv game. 

Hawaii Bowl and Diamond Head Classic, can't beat that sports holiday Broncos...I remember hoping this scenario panned out when SDSU was part of the basketball field last season. Having just visited with the lady who is a foodie for the game vs the Bows last month, my grub recommendations:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/puka-dog-koloa-5?nb=1

Good on the run food, hot dogs with Hawaiian twist. Lots of island fruit relishes and badazz sauces.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/marukame-udon-honolulu?nb=1

Japanese udon noodle soup, tempuras, masubis. Damn good and cheap.

http://giovannisshrimptruck.com/

Good stop on a day trip through the center of the island to the North Shore. Garlic shrimp and steamed.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/waiola-shave-ice-honolulu?nb=1

Doesn't get the same recognition as Matsumoto's, but Waiola is solid and more under the radar IMO. Closer to Waikiki too if you're staying there, north of the canal.

http://www.leonardshawaii.com/malasadas/

These are hit and miss with people but I'd have to guess this is among the more famous Hawaiian pastries.

Aloha Stadium has some nice vendors in the end zones as well. I'm sure the locals would probably be more discriminating but when at a game, with the horrors of Qualcomm food ever present in my head, I'll take it any day of the week.

Boise State / Oregon State matchup in the Hawaii Bowl.

Will be made official at around 5:00 p.m. (Hawaii time)

LINK: http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/20131208_Boise_State_in_Sheraton_Hawaii_Bowl.html?id=234968721

Boise State, Oregon State in Sheraton Hawaii Bowl

By Star-Advertiser Staff

POSTED: 10:19 a.m. HST, Dec 08, 2013
LAST UPDATED: 12:07 p.m. HST, Dec 08, 2013

Boise State is making its second appearance in the Sheraton Hawaii Bowl, it was announced today by bowl executive director David A.K. Matlin.

According to sources, the expected opponent is Oregon State of the Pac-12, making it one of the more attractive games on the non-BCS level. The official announcement is expected at 5 p.m. Hawaii time.

The game will be played on Christmas Eve with a local kickoff time of 3 p.m. The Broncos are still recovering from the departure of head coach Chris Petersen, who announced this week that he is leaving to be the main man at the University of Washington.

The Broncos are the runner-up in the West Division of the Mountain West Conference. The game will be shown nationally on ESPN-TV.