Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Broncodude

BSU BYU ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

It's built up more on message boards than what it really is.. There were hardly any BYU fans at Bronco Stadium last year.

I think next years game is in September, where it should be.

You apparently didn't sit where I did.  You are the same guy that a couple of years ago tried to tell me there were no BYU fans in Boise.  

BTW between price, and crappy seating BSU does not make it easy for opposing fans to attend games.

It's no different scheduling BYU or a MAC school. That's what BYU fans have such a hard time understanding. BYU is not a power team and they're not from a power conference. A win over BYU is no better than a win over Ball State. If this weeks game was against say Vanderbilt, Illinois, Washington State, Duke, or Iowa State there would be more excitement and a lot more upside to winning.

Nobody thinks that.  Not even you.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

You apparently didn't sit where I did.  You are the same guy that a couple of years ago tried to tell me there were no BYU fans in Boise.  

BTW between price, and crappy seating BSU does not make it easy for opposing fans to attend games.

WHy don't they just give us 25k tickets so we can take over their stadium?

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Guest #1Stunner

Byu does not make or break bsu's season lol. The Washington game had more hype

Where did you read that

It's no different scheduling BYU or a MAC school. That's what BYU fans have such a hard time understanding. BYU is not a power team and they're not from a power conference. A win over BYU is no better than a win over Ball State. If this weeks game was against say Vanderbilt, Illinois, Washington State, Duke, or Iowa State there would be more excitement and a lot more upside to winning.

You Boise fans are starting to persuade me on this. After all, you have loads of big teams (MAC included) who are willing to play you in Boise on your blue artificial turf. And I can buy your point that strength of schedule doesn't interest Boise fans. BYU = MAC.

If you are Boise, why play BYU when you have loads of quality teams beating down the door to play at Boise?

Boise fans, since this series doesn't interest you, are you in favor of canceling it?

Guest #1Stunner

I think we were all sick of our team last year.

Riley fatigue, I like to call it.

Ugh, I will never forget that game.  Ugliest game I've ever seen. 

Do you guys get many fans from other teams?  My buddy said there were a lot in 2003 or whenever.

Luckily Taysom Hill (and Robert Anae) are starting to move us past that. We are seeing scoring again. Houston fans were surprised that we had around 40 percent of the fans at the game. Houston coach said it felt like a bowl game atmosphere.

Guest #1Stunner

I really like the idea more that I think about it of BYU dumping the Boise series and scheduling Fresno with a 10 year series, if Fresno is interested.

Boise is now on a downside as a program, and we don't benefit by playing in Boise for recruiting purposes (BYU already gers the best Idaho players, because we have so many fans in that State). Boise's stadium is also too small, so our fans can't get tickets.

And 4x's the cupcakes as well. You guys have rarely scheduled anything difficult OOC and that goes right with your creampuff in conference schedule over the years.

Yet Boise beat way more ranked teams than BYU over the years.. Weird. BYU has beat 1 ranked OOC team this century and that was Utah St.

I really like the idea more that I think know about it of BYU dumping the Boise series and scheduling Fresno with a 19 year series, if Fresno is interested.

Boise is now on a downside as a program, and we don't benefit by playing in Boise for recruiting purposes (BYU already gers the best Idaho players, because we have so many fans in that State). Boise's stadium is also too small, so our fans can't get tickets.

Would not break my heart. Bsu does not recruit Utah

Posted Image

Guest #1Stunner

I'm sensing a pattern here. For weeks we had to hear byu fans jabb usu fans how the were the biggest game for them. Now they are doing the same with bsu.

I agree. Boise has NO rival, so this game isn't as exciting as the BYU vs USU rivalry.

I really like the idea more that I think know about it of BYU dumping the Boise series and scheduling Fresno with a 19 year series, if Fresno is interested.

Your fans didn't even show up last year. Amount of tickets didn't matter.

Maybe if you keep telling yourself this stuff, it will be true. BYU won multiple MWC titles here in football and it didn't get us all that much. What did it get Boise, Fresno, and SDSU for that fun tie last year? What did it get TCU the year before?

You strangely keep taking the time out of your day to tell us how unimportant it is. We believe you. The Vegas Bowl awaits. Fun fun.

Was last years or any of the years BYU won the mountain west championship on CBS after the SEC championship? Btw I m responding to #1stunners stupid comments it's not like I m rebumping the thread to make the same point. The new mountain west championship game is bigger than any MWC bowl or any bowl BYU will play in.

image.png

I'm sensing a pattern here. For weeks we had to hear byu fans jabb usu fans how the were the biggest game for them. Now they are doing the same with bsu.

I don't think it's BSU's biggest game.  Not even close.  You have the conference games.  Washington certainly appears bigger, but if they continue on a downward spiral, and BYU wins a couple they are not expected too, who knows.  I just think it is pretty dumb of some of your fans to say it has no meaning.

Guest #1Stunner

Your fans didn't even show up last year. Amount of tickets didn't matter.

Your stadium is tiny. Boise fans had BYU circled. How many tickets could BYU fans realistically buy?

In stadiums that seat more than 35k, we usually show up.

That's why we like playing Hawaii. Even when they are good we can get tickets, because their stadium isn't so tiny. Boise is expanding its stadium now, though, right?

Guest #1Stunner

Idaho is bsu's rival

Did you go to the Boise vs Idaho game last year? Where is the Boise vs Idaho game being played this year? Which campus?

Boise fans, since this series doesn't interest you, are you in favor of canceling it?

It wouldn't bother me at all if this was the last time we played BYU. I was disappointed when Utah canceled their series, however.

Your stadium is tiny. Boise fans had BYU circled. How many tickets could BYU fans realistically buy?

In stadiums that seat more than 35k, we usually show up.

That's why we like playing Hawaii. Even when they are good we can get tickets, because their stadium isn't so tiny. Boise is expanding its stadium now, though, right?

When we played BYU in Boise last time, BYU had a ton of fans. Last year? Very few.