Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Broncodude

BSU BYU ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Guest #1Stunner

Big difference for byu and bsu. For as a byu fan late season out of conference games were big. If I was a bsu fan I would look forward to this game it is a test against a team that is as good or better than any mwc teams.

Bsu has always liked cream puff schedules so I see why a lot of you guys don't like this game.

You might be on to something here...

Also, I realize most Boise fans are newer to college football (around 10 years as a fan), and so they might not realize that more than a few big OOC games are played in Oct or November. I wonder if USC fans don't care about a loss to Notre Dame because it doesn't affect the conference championship race? Michigan State fans disinterested too? Florida and Florida State?

Hawaii fans don't seem to share Boise's opinion on this, but Hawaii traditionally schedules much more difficult OOC games than Boise, for whatever reason. So I think Robe might have a point...

What a sad bunch Provo fans have become.

Don't worry come the end of the season you can tell us how much you don't care about your game with us as well.

Nice showing in the second half there against Boise. Really gave us a clear picture of what Nevada football is all about.

CVEcMlXUEAAtMZW.png

This is a bsu fan. The cupcake schedule has paid off so I see why you think this way. Byu scares bsu a little I think to. The last 2 games bronco fans expected blow outs and escape with wins that byu gave

Boise has beat like 4x the amount of ranked teams as BYU this century. BYU can't brag about losing to tough teams.

You might be on to something here...

Also, I realize most Boise fans are newer to college football (around 10 years as a fan), and so they might not realize that more than a few big OOC games are played in Oct or November. I wonder if USC fans don't care about a loss to Notre Dame because it doesn't affect the conference championship race? Michigan State fans disinterested too? Florida and Florida State?

Hawaii fans don't seem to share Boise's opinion on this, but Hawaii traditionally schedules much more difficult OOC games than Boise, for whatever reason. So I think Robe might have a point...

Lulz at comparing BYU to Notre Dame and USC.

LOL at these sorts of posts...

You are fooling no one. BYU was in the MWC when it was much tougher with TCU and Utah, and while we wanted to win the conference championship then, NO BYU fans went around pretending like we didn't care about OOC games, and that we were fine losing them. We wanted to win ALL of our games, and most years the OOC games are what the fans got most excited about.

You act like BYU fans don't already know what winning a conference championship is like. We won a few of them in the WAC and MWC. Most BYU fans were made fun of by friends who were fans of other conferences that winning a MWC championship was no big deal (we don't agree with them, but that's what they said). Winning the MWC, CUSA, or AAC is impressive enough, but doesn't have any national prestige.

Pffft this game will not affect us and our goals in any way. I know BYU fans will never be able to wrap their heads around this but in the Pac12 the game that matters is Utah and in the Mountain West it's Utah State. BYU is playing third fiddle in terms of importance to teams in the PAC 12 and Mountain West. By the way the new Mountain West championship game is bigger than any little bowl you guys play in. Being on CBS after the SEC championship is a lot better than any ESPN bowl. But I understand BYU fans need attention and have no conference to win so you think this game is important. Going independent killed your ability to hurt teams chasing conference championships.

image.png

Guest #1Stunner

Lulz at comparing BYU to Notre Dame and USC.

Logic fail. Try to follow.

Yes, captain obvious, Boise State isn't USC, and BYU isn't Notre Dame, (obviously, obvious) , but at least those schools aren't dismissing OOC games/rivalry like Boise fans are trying to do. Same with Michigan State.

Fact is...Boise has NO true rival (they've declared Idaho unworthy, so it is what it is). So who does Boise think it's ever going to get as a true rival or big OOC game? A PAC12 school? LOL! The PAC12 has zero interest in even playing games at Boise. Which Pac12 school would schedule Boise more than once a decade? A BIG12 school? Nope.

Fresno? Fresno isn't even in your division (will you play them every year?) , and besides, Fresno wants SDSU as its rival/big game, not Boise.

Boise fans are free to say this game doesn't matter and that they aren't interested I the outcome of course. Hawaii, in contrast, loves big out of conference games. Maybe BYU fans are more similar to Hawaii fans in that regard. BYU has always loved the OOC game, even when in a conference.

I don't care if BSU fans are excited for this game or not.  I'm excited to get a shot at a win and get that 0 in the win column against BSU off the all-time record sheet.  Not only that but it would bump the record to 6-2 going into the last bye week before the final 4 game stretch which includes Wisconsin, Notre Dame, and Nevada.

I don't know how people say there is "nothing to play for" because they they aren't in a conference.  If you are a player you play to win no matter what.  And hasn't the MWC conference championship lost some of its lustre anyhow?  Teams that won 10 2/3rds of the 13 MWC championships up through 2011 have all left the conference (Utah 3 1/3, BYU 3 1/3, TCU 4).  CSU has the most championships (2 1/3) of those left in the conference.  Boise State (1/3), SDSU (1/3), and Fresno State (1/3) split last year's championship.  Maybe that makes it more wide open and exciting though, who knows.

In any case, all I know is this is one game that is circled on the calendar at least until BYU gets a win.

Wow, only those that go to the Temple on Sundays really "live" for this game.   Most BSU fans I know, want to win this game, are excited to watch and see this game, but to live for it.... seriously, get out of your mom's basement some time.

I don't know much about anything, but one thing I do know is that nobody went to the temple on this or pretty much any Sunday.

Guest #1Stunner

Will the BYU vs Boise game be a sellout?

I expect very few Boise fans at this game as they are disinterested in it. TV ratings will also probably be low.

Will the BYU vs Boise game be a sellout?

I expect very few Boise fans at this game as they are disinterested in it. TV ratings will also probably be low.

2,000 more than ut martin

Posted Image

Guest #1Stunner

I will say though. I'm surprised how the Boise fans are widely disinterested in their BYU - Boise long term series / rivalry.

Maybe BYU should cancel this series? Last year Coach Peterson hinted that he wanted it canceled, presumably to free up space for Boise to schedule another MAC school (a proven formula for Boise).

I think if BYU were to give Boise an out on this, that we should approach Fresno about doing a 10 year series instead. Fresno is on the upswing now. I like this idea...I wonder if Fresno fans like the idea of an annual BYU vs Fresno game?

I will say though. I'm surprised how the Boise fans are widely disinterested in their BYU - Boise long term series / rivalry.

Maybe BYU should cancel this series? Last year Coach Peterson hinted that he wanted it canceled, presumably to free up space for Boise to schedule another MAC school (a proven formula for Boise).

I think if BYU were to give Boise an out on this, that we should approach Fresno about doing a 10 year series instead. Fresno is on the upswing now. I like this idea...I wonder if Fresno fans like the idea of an annual BYU vs Fresno game?

When BYU beats the same caliber of OOC opponents that Boise has, then BYU can run OOC smack.

It's no different scheduling BYU or a MAC school. That's what BYU fans have such a hard time understanding. BYU is not a power team and they're not from a power conference. A win over BYU is no better than a win over Ball State. If this weeks game was against say Vanderbilt, Illinois, Washington State, Duke, or Iowa State there would be more excitement and a lot more upside to winning.

Don't worry come the end of the season you can tell us how much you don't care about your game with us as well.

Nice showing in the second half there against Boise. Really gave us a clear picture of what Nevada football is all about.

Nevada was happy they could tack a fellow mid-major program on at the end of the season, so we could re-schedule the Oregon game to 2019.  

Provo was more than happy to get another quality opponent on their schedule this season at the last minute, and their fans are thrilled they get to see Nevada play in Provo during the 2014 and 2019 seasons.

WolfPack2014poster_zpsda00ea12.jpg

Byu does not make or break bsu's season lol. The Washington game had more hype

Posted Image

Boise has beat like 4x the amount of ranked teams as BYU this century. BYU can't brag about losing to tough teams.

And 4x's the cupcakes as well.  You guys have rarely scheduled anything difficult OOC and that goes right with your creampuff in conference schedule over the years. 

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Pffft this game will not affect us and our goals in any way. I know BYU fans will never be able to wrap their heads around this but in the Pac12 the game that matters is Utah and in the Mountain West it's Utah State. BYU is playing third fiddle in terms of importance to teams in the PAC 12 and Mountain West. By the way the new Mountain West championship game is bigger than any little bowl you guys play in. Being on CBS after the SEC championship is a lot better than any ESPN bowl. But I understand BYU fans need attention and have no conference to win so you think this game is important. Going independent killed your ability to hurt teams chasing conference championships.

Maybe if you keep telling yourself this stuff, it will be true.  BYU won multiple MWC titles here in football and it didn't get us all that much.  What did it get Boise, Fresno, and SDSU for that fun tie last year?  What did it get TCU the year before? 

You strangely keep taking the time out of your day to tell us how unimportant it is.  We believe you.  The Vegas Bowl awaits.  Fun fun.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

It's built up more on message boards than what it really is.. There were hardly any BYU fans at Bronco Stadium last year.

I think next years game is in September, where it should be.

I think we were all sick of our team last year.

Riley fatigue, I like to call it.

Ugh, I will never forget that game.  Ugliest game I've ever seen. 

Do you guys get many fans from other teams?  My buddy said there were a lot in 2003 or whenever.