Warbow

MWC Attendance

Don't know the other numbers, but quick search reveals 14k UCLA grads in SD County donating over 27.5 million as of 2010. Would have to think SDSU, simply due to their massive numbers advantage of alums in the area, exceeds that (on a sum total basis) pretty easily.

I wonder if USC's giving would be higher because they are a private school.  I am always amazed when I talk to a class about donating to their university on a yearly basis after graduation how many don't plan to ever donate. 

SDSU @ Air Force: 17,280

Hawaii @ UNLV: 22,755

New Mexico @ Wyoming: 22,853

SJSU @ CSU: 26,022

Such a disappointing loss for the Rams this weekend.  A great crowd turned out on Saturday and it seemed like things were setting up well for the rest of the year as a nice buzz had developed after the Alabama game.  After that performance against SJSU I fully expect Boise St. to have about as many in the stands in two weeks as the Rams have.

Such a disappointing loss for the Rams this weekend.  A great crowd turned out on Saturday and it seemed like things were setting up well for the rest of the year as a nice buzz had developed after the Alabama game.  After that performance against SJSU I fully expect Boise St. to have about as many in the stands in two weeks as the Rams have.

26000 will look a lot better in your new 45000 seat stadium, huh?

26000 will look a lot better in your new 45000 seat stadium, huh?

Its supposed to be 40,000 I believe.  Even so, I remember the days when CSU had no problem getting 30,000 plus in Hughes Stadium.  In fact, I think CSU's highest game day attendance at Hughes was just over 39,000 in 1994 against Utah.  A decade of losing has a way of killing off fan interest, but the program has shown it can generate support when fans have a reason to show up. 40,000 is a perfect size.

Its supposed to be 40,000 I believe.  Even so, I remember the days when CSU had no problem getting 30,000 plus in Hughes Stadium.  In fact, I think CSU's highest game day attendance at Hughes was just over 39,000 in 1994 against Utah.  A decade of losing has a way of killing off fan interest, but the program has shown it can generate support when fans have a reason to show up.

That's why you all need to dump the mile high thing with cu and play in fc or boulder...AFA needs to get better, and having play UW twice on the road doesn't help either. Your AD, Moonshine Jack needs to get quality FB programs to FC too!

That's why you all need to dump the mile high thing with cu and play in fc or boulder...AFA needs to get better, and having play UW twice on the road doesn't help either. Your AD, Moonshine Jack needs to get quality FB programs to FC too!

The 40k number is a part of that calculation I believe.  Hughes isn't large enough to move the CU game back to campus and I think they want to make that happen.  Upgrading the schedule would also help a great deal and would help to justify the seating expansion in a new stadium.  All of that is a part of the long range planning.

I also remember the Tiller days when WYO would bring 3-5k down for the game.  It would be nice if we could both get back to those days and help boost each others numbers

The 40k number is a part of that calculation I believe.  Hughes isn't large enough to move the CU game back to campus and I think they want to make that happen.  Upgrading the schedule would also help a great deal and would help to justify the seating expansion in a new stadium.  All of that is a part of the long range planning.

You build it, we will come.  I bet we'd put 10,000 butts in the seats if both teams were competitive again.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

You build it, we will come.  I bet we'd put 10,000 butts in the seats if both teams were competitive again.

Edited to include in my last post, but yes.  I miss those Joe Tiller days when WYO would travel well to Fort Collins.  It would help both programs immensely to get back to that type of environment - not to mention the attendance figures.

In fact - I found this gem on You Tube.  35k plus for the Border War in 1994.  5k more than capacity.  Enjoy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5Z8zoYhmfMA

Thanks LOL

Personally, I prefer the 1996 and 1998 Border Wars in Fort Collins.  The 1996 game in Fort Collins and “The Drive” led by quarterback Josh Wallwork deep in CSU territory and capped by a Marques Brigham touchdown run to give UW a 25-24 win. The game was snowy and colder the hellski.

My favorite Border War in FC though was the fog game in 1998. It was a night game and at the start of the second half, the fog blew in over Hughes Stadium. That didn’t stop UW as it won 27-19.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Thanks LOL

Personally, I prefer the 1996 and 1998 Border Wars in Fort Collins.  The 1996 game in Fort Collins and “The Drive” led by quarterback Josh Wallwork deep in CSU territory and capped by a Marques Brigham touchdown run to give UW a 25-24 win. The game was snowy and colder the hellski.

My favorite Border War in FC though was the fog game in 1998. It was a night game and at the start of the second half, the fog blew in over Hughes Stadium. That didn’t stop UW as it won 27-19.

One thing that got missed during this game during the fake punt, csu had an illegal player down field...it wasn't called. The 2 ends (gunners) release, but there was a 3rd player running down the field at the snap.

Thanks LOL

Such great games between the two.  I was at the 1996 game.  Froze my a$$ off..  I think we got nearly a foot of snow the night before the game if I remember correctly.