Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Del Scorcho

4 words: BYU Utah Spearmint Rhino ... what a bizarre twist!

I saw this a couple of days ago but I thought it was total BS.  Maybe not.. Total bull +++++ that Utah outed him.

The Tribune has pictures as recent as last night of Hadley in Vegas with BYU booster Jacob Stocking. The NCAA is launching an investigation in regards to trips on Stockings private jet, Cash loans paid to Hadley, the use of Stockings vehicles, staying in high priced Vegas Suites, indulging in Champagne parties with Las Vegas Cocktail Waitress’s. Also reports of the use of the Drug (Molly) and Alcohol use among Hadley.

http://hoyosrevenge.com/2013/09/17/utah-v-tds-spencer-hadley-suspension/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Around%20the%20Network

After a quick google search, it appears that "Molly" is a powder form of the drug ecstasy.

I saw this a couple of days ago but I thought it was total BS.  Maybe not.. Total bull +++++ that Utah outed him.

http://hoyosrevenge.com/2013/09/17/utah-v-tds-spencer-hadley-suspension/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Around%20the%20Network

according to a radio interview with Jay Drew (SL Trib writer) they cant locate a Jacob Stocking (booster) or Darren Lucy (snitch)?

according to a radio interview with Jay Drew (SL Trib writer) they cant locate a Jacob Stocking (booster) or Darren Lucy (snitch)?

I listened to that. Drew said they did have a picture of Hadley at a club with what appeared to be booze.

If the Booster story is true, this could be very bad news for BYU.

I thought Drew did say they located a booster by that name in Utah County. I may have misheard though. I would have to think that if the booster part was accurate that the suspension would be longer.

Can't locate them as in they don't exist or don't want to come forth?

Jacob Stocking is President of some Orem based company named 5 Diamond Protection (a home security company). Looks like company has racked up quite a few complaints with the BBB too.

Another google search. . .

• Jacob Stocking
  • Active President for 5 Diamond Protection, Inc.
  • Orem, UT (801) 655-1183

Here is the company website.

That website is for some Cali based company by the same name. Although they specialize in armed and unarmed security for entertainment and nightlife industries which would have worked out real well for taking pent up BYU players and recruits to Vegas strip clubs. :P

After a quick google search, it appears that "Molly" is a powder form of the drug ecstasy.

Wow, I hope they punish BYU if this is what he's been up to, breaking rules like that with a booster.  BYU is the only school that hasn't had a major violation.  If it's true, they deserve to get in to trouble.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

How'd he even recognize the player in the strip club? I go to practice probably once a week and wouldnt recognize most Boise players on the street, let alone in Vegas.

Not sure. But this particular fellow has a fairly distinguishable mustache. Perhaps that's what did him in.

Wow, I hope they punish BYU if this is what he's been up to, breaking rules like that with a booster.  BYU is the only school that hasn't had a major violation.  If it's true, they deserve to get in to trouble.

It might be a good time for you to become an Aggie fan.

If this is true BYU would be wise to voluntarily sanction themselves.

I just think it's weird that Utah went out of their way to do that.

Agreed. I also wonder why the Ute fan that sent the photos to the U's Compliance Director didn't just send them directly to BYU's Director of Compliance in the first place? Did they fear that it would be swept under the rug?

I have to believe the UofU Director of Compliance sent them only for possible NCAA violations, without regard for the honor code violations. Still a very awkward email that has to be.

Agreed. I also wonder why the Ute fan that sent the photos to the U's Compliance Director didn't just send them directly to BYU's Director of Compliance in the first place? Did they fear that it would be swept under the rug?

I have to believe the UofU Director of Compliance sent them only for possible NCAA violations, without regard for the honor code violations. Still a very awkward email that has to be.

This is making more sense to me now, Once it was in the hands of Utah's Compliance Director, it was probably a good idea to let BYU's AD aware that there were accusations of illegal activities involving a player and a booster, If I were in the AD at BYU, I would want to know as soon as possible. I mean, they sent it to Ad's office, not to the Honor Code office.

What is curious now is why only a five game suspension. If there is any truth to this, he should have been kicked off the team.