Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dshawfan

Aztecs going to Happy Valley in 2015

Lol, body bag as in no return game.

Yeah, until we have a good enough following to pretty much fill the Q we will have a hard time getting a return game with the big boys. Looking ahead to the 2015 schedule though we have a chance to be really good that year and our schedule appears somewhat soft in conference. No Boise, and our road games are against the bottom half of the conference (SJSU will be back to reality by then). Our recruting classes from the last 3 years should be primed to step up.

Yeah, until we have a good enough following to pretty much fill the Q we will have a hard time getting a return game with the big boys. Looking ahead to the 2015 schedule though we have a chance to be really good that year and our schedule appears somewhat soft in conference. No Boise, and our road games are against the bottom half of the conference (SJSU will be back to reality by then). Our recruting classes from the last 3 years should be primed to step up.

Out attendance doesn't play a roll in the decision for a return game at all. Hell, Ohio State agreed to a game here during our decade of crap, we just sold the game back to them.

Out attendance doesn't play a roll in the decision for a return game at all. Hell, Ohio State agreed to a game here during our decade of crap, we just sold the game back to them.

Didn't know that. So basically they got the rights to our home game? Hmmm, I wonder what it would take to get a mid level B12/SEC school in the Q?

Didn't know that. So basically they got the rights to our home game? Hmmm, I wonder what it would take to get a mid level B12/SEC school in the Q?

He's probably referring to a contractual buyout. Most of the contracts with bigger programs give them the option to buyout the return game for a contractually agreed upon amount. Not too much you can do except hope teams honor the original intent of a return game. I don't think ADs like to get into pissing matches about them though so exercising buyouts seems to be pretty commonplace.

Nope, we had the buckeyes coming to Qualcomm but our former AD Rick Bay sold the game back to Ohio State for cash.

I see. So what I am hearing is that this was a case of SDSU selling the Q game back to Ohio State and The Shoe, literally.

I see. So what I am hearing is that this was a case of SDSU selling the Q game back to Ohio State and The Shoe, literally.

It was a 2-for-1 deal between Ohio State and SDSU.  It was scheduled to be at OSU in '01, at SDSU in '03, and at OSU in '05.  SDSU sold its home game to Ohio State for, what I remember, two million dollars.

Based on what I have read here over the past several months, I was sure that SDSU was going to be in the SEC in 2014 going head to head with  'Bama. How will this affect the trip to Pennsylvania? 

Based on what I have read here over the past several months, I was sure that SDSU was going to be in the SEC in 2014 going head to head with  'Bama. How will this affect the trip to Pennsylvania? 

An Auburn fan actually posted on the mesa claiming their local sports coverage was predicting the Aztecs were on the schedule next year...we'll see. 

It will be no worry.  The SEC understands, and in 2014, they will kick out LSU and we will get their permanent cross-divisional rival, Florida.  They are paying for our change in gameday attire, as well.

Body Bag is not nec. the appropriate term.  BBG's are games you play for the money that you know you have no chance winning and you'll collect a check, but return home in a body bag.  If your team is good, and you go play a one-and-done with a "big boy school, it's just a money game. 

Body Bag is not nec. the appropriate term.  BBG's are games you play for the money that you know you have no chance winning and you'll collect a check, but return home in a body bag.  If your team is good, and you go play a one-and-done with a "big boy school, it's just a money game. 

Any one and done that's not a neutral site game is a bodybag game for a non-AQ IMHO.