Warbow

Gary Patterson rips Les Miles..

iirc he left the team and the school.

Frogs can help out if I am wrong.

It is also noteworthy that he got the boot right as the schedule got tough.

I think Patterson handled the Pachal issue as well as it could have been handled.

Now if we could just get the poor guy a belt to wear during games...

So do you think coach Pete pulls the trigger 2 soon on kicking guys off the team? 

Posted Image

iirc he left the team and the school.

Frogs can help out if I am wrong.

It is also noteworthy that he got the boot right as the schedule got tough.

I think Patterson handled the Pachal issue as well as it could have been handled.

Now if we could just get the poor guy a belt to wear during games...

So he failed a drug test in February 2012, but still stayed in school and played until October, when he had a DUI and was suspended. And then almost immediately dropped out of school and entered rehab.

So Saint Gary didn't suspend him for the first drug offense (which was kept hidden for 6 months), but had to after the publicity surrounding the DUI. And now TCU fans are saying he missed all those games due to the suspension and not his voluntary withdrawal.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/ncf/story/_/id/8482903/tcu-horned-frogs-quarterback-casey-pachall-leave-school  

It's just weird 2 me. At BSU under Petersen players get kicked off the team all the time for less. They end up someplace else for their second chance. Part of me wishes Chris was as lenient as Gary.

Didn't "Bacon" have several alcohol incidents? Wasn't Titus Young suspended before playing out his career at BSU?

2005, 2009, 2010 & 2011 MWC Football Champions

Didn't "Bacon" have several alcohol incidents? Wasn't Titus Young suspended before playing out his career at BSU?

Yeah Bacon had a DUI.  Patchell raised him a cocaine and X failed drug test.

Posted Image

So he failed a drug test in February 2012, but still stayed in school and played until October, when he had a DUI and was suspended. And then almost immediately dropped out of school and entered rehab.

So Saint Gary didn't suspend him for the first drug offense (which was kept hidden for 6 months), but had to after the publicity surrounding the DUI. And now TCU fans are saying he missed all those games due to the suspension and not his voluntary withdrawal.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/ncf/story/_/id/8482903/tcu-horned-frogs-quarterback-casey-pachall-leave-school

TCU policy is

1 fail = education counseling

2 fail = suspension

3 fail = removal

Same as every other school (sans Georgia) that I'm aware of

Pretty sure it's illegal for TCU to go around announcing drug test results.

So do you think coach Pete pulls the trigger 2 soon on kicking guys off the team?

I have no clue. Pete keeps his cards pretty close to the vest on player issues, so all we have to go on are adasherrif.org and Bronco Country rumors from "insiders".

I've said it before, I'm no big time booster or guy with connections. Just some regular douchebag who likes college football and happened to land at Boise State back in the 80's.

Seems like most suspensions, etc are for "Team Rule Violations" which could mean anything so I don't know what those guys are really doing to draw his ire. As such I don't know what he is NOT cracking down on either.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

Yeah Bacon had a DUI. Patchell raised him a cocaine and X failed drug test.

Marijuana failed.

Cocaine & X admission came during direct police questioning about Pachall's drug history during the police search warrant execution of Tanner Brock's controlled portion of the house & common areas.

What do you think most "violations of team rules" are? It's pretty much code for drug failure.

I don't disagree.  I jus think based on his track record Patterson should have kept his mouth shut.  Austin Seferan Jenkins and Kasen Williams are both prob going to play against BSU after getting DUI's this summer.  No missed games.

Posted Image

lol @ the religious zealots calling for auto suspensions for some college kid smoking a joint.

BYU can be BYU all it wants Spirit. Leave the rest of us alone.

Uhh, a DUI is far more serious than some kid lighting a spleef...

I thought Pachell had a DUI?  Same as Bacon.  Pachell also had a bad weed test...no biggie.  Admitted to cocaine and X as well.

Posted Image

lol @ the religious zealots calling for auto suspensions for some college kid smoking a joint.

BYU can be BYU all it wants Spirit. Leave the rest of us alone.

It was a lot more than one joint.

If Gary P was really interested in this young man (other than just as a football player), he would have intervened as soon as he knew the results of the first failed drug test.

What would have happened if Pascall had hit a child instead of a curb when he had the DUI?  

Yeah, as Barrister said, most coaches keep it quiet out of discretion and, also, because in many cases it would be illegal to do so (i.e., relasing drug tests publically). In Hill's case, though, he was arrested and had real court proceedings (which are automatically public). Which makes it doubly curious as to why Miles is letting him off with (so far) nothing whatsover in the way of punishment. ESPNU and CBS Sports (as well as the Times-Picayune) have been ripping Miles for his stance - which is at variance from virtually all schools' disciplinary procedures. It'll be interesting to see whether he responds to the media pressure.

If Gary P was really interested in this young man (other than just as a football player), he would have intervened as soon as he knew the results of the first failed drug test.

What would have happened if Pascall had hit a child instead of a curb when he had the DUI?

I would enjoy you explaining exactly how Patterson didn't "intervene" after the failed drug test.

Did he succeed? Nope.

Did he intervene? I think it is safe to make that assumption.

I'm sure good ole Bronco would have made a big difference by taking him to an inspirational Fireside speech.

Hill didn't just hit a child - he had sex with her (allegedly forcibly). Too bad you don't think that's serious enough to rate more than one comment out of 9 on this thread. What do you think Miles should do about Hill? Or do you not care enough to make a comment?

Hill didn't just hit a child - he had sex with her. Too bad you don't think that's serious enough to rate more than one comment out of 9 on this thread. What do you think Miles should do about Hill? Or do you not care enough to make a comment?

You realize you are talking about a 17 year old and 14 year old right?  Was it a bf/gf type thing or did he force himself on her?

Posted Image