Warbow

Hawaii scheduling the "Big Boys"

Hey if you were left in a conference with Idaho, New Mexico St, San Jose St and Utah St you probably would have sold your sister to get out.

I'd rather be in the MWC contending for a conference title then playing for nothing as a indy 

Hawaii is in a tough spot, no doubt.  The good news for you guys is that Hawaii is one of the few schools that could actually make being an Independent in football work.

I think Hawaii can be successful as an independent for several reasons.

1. Hawaii has its own PPV deal and going independent wouldn't change anything.

2. Hawaii has a bowl already setup for them (Hawaii get an auto tie to the Hawaii bowl if gets 7 wins, can still go with 6 wins). Unlike other indy schools who has to keep searching for a bowl game to play in.

3. It seems that Hawaii always tends to get OOC games during November.  There is always some school that wants to come to the islands in November.  Especially the ones from the nothern mainland who would like to take a break from the winter cold for a week.

P.S: I would think that the MW would invite NMSU and then move BSU to the west.  I think UTEP is out of the question as if they haven't been invited now they won't be.

Although, Texas St may be a good option, but NMSU also has some better basketball which would help the MW in that area for what they lack in football.

Warbow’s whole argument about Hawaii’s “Body Bag games” is just horse shyt. Look at Hawaii’s schedule for 2013: The MWC lineup plus Army and Navy, and two PAC12 teams (USC and Oregon State). For a team who aspires to join the PAC12 Warbow should be ashamed to complain about having to play just two of them. Why not compare that schedule to SDSU, who has Oregon State and Ohio State on their 2013 schedule, or Colorado State who has Alabama, Colorado, and Tulsa on theirs.

In 2014, Hawaii plays Eastern Ill and three PAC12 teams: Oregon State, Washington, and Colorado. Once again, none of those should be considered “body bag games” and any good MWC team should be competitive with all three and favored to win at least one or two, especially a team who wants to be in the PAC. But never mind. Hawaii is in the MWC now, not the WAC, and they are expected to step up their game and competition with a few “big boys” on their docket. In 2015, they only have one nonconference opponent scheduled: PAC12 bottom-feeder, Colorado.

But I certainly agree that Hawaii should not have to pay travel subsidies to the MWC. It’s cheap and beneath the conference to ask for it, and creates ill will with our Island brothers.

"A donkey always says thank you with a kick." --– Kenyan Proverb

Body bag games are good for the budget and good opportunities for your team. You get to see how your team competes in a hostile environment. In 2005, TCU was coming off of a 5-6 season and had a body bag game at Oklahoma to start the year. The Frogs won the game and won the MWC that year.

As far as Hawaii going independent, I think they could actually schedule 13 home games. I think some of the big schools would see a trip to Hawaii as a good thing to sell potential recruits. Plus, I'm sure many would love the chance to get a trip to Hawaii as a bonus game since it would allow them to schedule a home game as a replacement.

Body bag games are garbage.

The Oklahoma game was part of a 1 for 1. Not a body bag game.

2005, 2009, 2010 & 2011 MWC Football Champions

Warbow’s whole argument about Hawaii’s “Body Bag games” is just horse shyt. Look at Hawaii’s schedule for 2013: The MWC lineup plus Army and Navy, and two PAC12 teams (USC and Oregon State). For a team who aspires to join the PAC12 Warbow should be ashamed to complain about having to play just two of them. Why not compare that schedule to SDSU, who has Oregon State and Ohio State on their 2013 schedule, or Colorado State who has Alabama, Colorado, and Tulsa on theirs.In 2014, Hawaii plays Eastern Ill and three PAC12 teams: Oregon State, Washington, and Colorado. Once again, none of those should be considered “body bag games” and any good MWC team should be competitive with all three and favored to win at least one or two, especially a team who wants to be in the PAC. But never mind. Hawaii is in the MWC now, not the WAC, and they are expected to step up their game and competition with a few “big boys” on their docket. In 2015, they only have one nonconference opponent scheduled: PAC12 bottom-feeder, Colorado.But I certainly agree that Hawaii should not have to pay travel subsidies to the MWC. It’s cheap and beneath the conference to ask for it, and creates ill will with our Island brothers.

Thanks Road Apple! Appreciate it!

Aloha!

Go Warriors! Go Bows! Go Wahine! GO HAWAI'I!!

aloha-stadium.jpg

This is Mountain West Country

ALOHA!

Follow me on Twitter! @UHawkFan12