LPH-10

Why Is Utah State So Hated On Here

Well, SJSU has the GB 50%, here's hoping for the luck 50%! 

I always laugh when a team loses it's coach and says "look at Boise, they lost a bunch of coaches and got better each time". That was 50% pure luck, 50% Gene Bleymaier genius. For another school to replicate that formula would be almost impossible.

Great comparison.

Hawkins had a great coach in Koetter before him and Koetter had a great coach in Bobby Petrino before him. What drooling fool preceded Andersen?

Bottom Line: Petersen took over a program which had had success for many years before him. Your new guy is taking over a program with two years of success.

(This thread is wonderful BTW.)

I do think program success is a big deal.

Just for the record:

Nutt: BSU Record = 10-12, Record after BSU at Arkansas and Ole Miss = 99-74

Koetter: BSU Record = 26-10, Record after BSU at ASU = 66-44

Hawk: BSU Record = 53-11, Record after BSU at Colorado = 19-33

BSU had some decently good coaches before Pete.  They have a great coach in Coach Peterson.

I always laugh when a team loses it's coach and says "look at Boise, they lost a bunch of coaches and got better each time". That was 50% pure luck, 50% Gene Bleymaier genius. For another school to replicate that formula would be almost impossible.

"Luck"?....don't tell that to the Bronco players and Peterson.

~ FF

Great comparison.

Hawkins had a great coach in Koetter before him and Koetter had a great coach in Bobby Petrino before him. What drooling fool preceded Andersen?

Bottom Line: Petersen took over a program which had had success for many years before him. Your new guy is taking over a program with two years of success.

(This thread is wonderful BTW.)

Wow, this is epic. Genius CSU boy pounds his chest about how much smarter he is than the USU fans on this board... And then he turns around and tells me that Dirk Koetter was successful at BSU because he inherited a winning program from Bobby Petrino!?! Holy f*cking sh*t I don't even know where to begin. Bobby Petrino never coached at BSU. He was an assistant at Idaho and USU at various points during his career, but that was the closest he ever came to BSU. And before Koetter took over BSU was 5-6 in 1997 and 1-9 in 1996. I can see why couldn't get into UC-Riverside, buddy. Are you too stupid to know how to use Google, or did you think that nobody would check if you just made sh*t up?

But that's beside the point. The claim that coaching changes inevitably lead to downturns is equally idiotic. Yeah, Stanford has completed sucked ever since Jim Harbaugh left for the NFL. Oregon's program completely went off the cliff when Mike Bellotti retired. And TCU has been a disaster ever since they lost Dennis Franchione. That's just off the top of my head. It's really pathetic that you guys are such insecure losers that you have to tell yourselves that USU is going to go back to sucking because we lost a coach.

Do I think that USU is going to be winning 10-11 games per year from now on? I'd love it if it happened, but it probably won't, and I don't know of a single one of our fans who suggested otherwise. But I doubt we'll go back to winning 2-3 games every year, either. As I said, at this point I'll be happy if our program can start being bowl eligible on a regular basis. When we paid our coaches peanuts and our facilities were crumbling, yeah, it's no big surprise that football sucked. Since then we have made major facility upgrades and pay a salary to our head coach that's around the median in the MWC (based on the data I could find). Maybe we'll regress under Matt Wells, but that's not the end of the world if we do. If he can't get the job done, we'll hire someone else who can. The important point is that we're finally investing the money to field a competitive team. Telling yourselves that USU is going to win two games next year because lost our coach is just wishful thinking from losers who need to feel superior to someone.

I think uneven distribution or perks to certain teams makes conferences members unhappy in general.  You look at the unstable conferences and the Big 12 is the most unstable right now, and they're the only one of the Big 5 that does that.

Just to be clear, the Big 12 now splits conference revenues evenly; or at least they will after TCU and West Virginia earn full shares (for their first year in the Big 12 they were only receiving half shares). For the 2012-2013 school year, TCU and WV earned $11 million each and the rest of the schools earned $22 million each. Of course, Tier 3 TV rights are owned by the schools and don't need to be shared with other schools or the conference.

College football is at least 75% talent and recruiting. The team with the better players usually wins. Stanford Aggie is correct. Football is not rocket science.

Wow, this is epic. Genius CSU boy pounds his chest about how much smarter he is than the USU fans on this board... And then he turns around and tells me that Dirk Koetter was successful at BSU because he inherited a winning program from Bobby Petrino!?! Holy f*cking sh*t I don't even know where to begin. Bobby Petrino never coached at BSU. He was an assistant at Idaho and USU at various points during his career, but that was the closest he ever came to BSU. And before Koetter took over BSU was 5-6 in 1997 and 1-9 in 1996. I can see why couldn't get into UC-Riverside, buddy. Are you too stupid to know how to use Google, or did you think that nobody would check if you just made sh*t up?

But that's beside the point. The claim that coaching changes inevitably lead to downturns is equally idiotic. Yeah, Stanford has completed sucked ever since Jim Harbaugh left for the NFL. Oregon's program completely went off the cliff when Mike Bellotti retired. And TCU has been a disaster ever since they lost Dennis Franchione. That's just off the top of my head. It's really pathetic that you guys are such insecure losers that you have to tell yourselves that USU is going to go back to sucking because we lost a coach.

Do I think that USU is going to be winning 10-11 games per year from now on? I'd love it if it happened, but it probably won't, and I don't know of a single one of our fans who suggested otherwise. But I doubt we'll go back to winning 2-3 games every year, either. As I said, at this point I'll be happy if our program can start being bowl eligible on a regular basis. When we paid our coaches peanuts and our facilities were crumbling, yeah, it's no big surprise that football sucked. Since then we have made major facility upgrades and pay a salary to our head coach that's around the median in the MWC (based on the data I could find). Maybe we'll regress under Matt Wells, but that's not the end of the world if we do. If he can't get the job done, we'll hire someone else who can. The important point is that we're finally investing the money to field a competitive team. Telling yourselves that USU is going to win two games next year because lost our coach is just wishful thinking from losers who need to feel superior to someone.

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

It was Houston Nutt.

Same difference. Great coach, low-life character.

Not that I blame anybody for hiring them. The way the NCAA gives schools a slap on the wrist (read Oregon a week ago), crime pays.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Wow, this is epic. Genius CSU boy pounds his chest about how much smarter he is than the USU fans on this board... And then he turns around and tells me that Dirk Koetter was successful at BSU because he inherited a winning program from Bobby Petrino!?!

"Adjunked" professor of arts and crafts at "university" located in converted strip mall further displays his ignorance.

Maybe if you're lucky someday you'll earn a promotion to teach woodworking at a high school with an actual campus. Hell, maybe even at a junior college.

Naw . . .

Boom goes the dynamite.

About to go get on a plane and head to Alaska for 10 days.  Looking forward to this thread still going strong upon my return.

Have a GREAT trip and be assured that it will be.

Boom goes the dynamite.

"Adjunked" professor of arts and crafts at "university" located in converted strip mall further displays his ignorance.

Maybe if you're lucky someday you'll earn a promotion to teach woodworking at a high school with an actual campus. Hell, maybe even at a junior college.

Naw . . .

Well, I have to hand it to you. It takes some serious balls to show your face on a thread where you just claimed that Bobby Petrino built the football program at BSU. If I were you I would probably stay off the Internet permanently if I made such an incredibly dumb claim and got called out on it. But I suppose you couldn't get the SAT score of 1000 needed to get into UC-Riverside, so maybe you're not even smart enough to realize how thoroughly you've been humiliated in this thread. So tell me, was Bobby Petrino also the one who build TCU's program into a winner? :lol: :lol: :lol: