LPH-10

Why Is Utah State So Hated On Here

It's getting so confusing...

In a thread about being hated, you can't really come across as agreeing with anybody, but sooner or later, a topic like soccer comes along and you can't really remain impartial.

If you say you hate soccer, then all the soccer haters want to be your buddy.

If you say you hate the soccer haters (because nobody really likes soccer) then all the soccer idiots want to be your friend.

I'm telling you, all this hating is getting kind of hard...

Soccer and baseball are the best followed by Dungeons & Dragons then Chutes & Ladders then Candyland.

Football is dumb.  Just a bunch of big fat men standing around trying to catch their breath before the next 4 seconds of action.  Seriously, some of those guys ought to mix in a salad every now and again.

I too am against the holocaust.  Really hate slavery too.

I think that is a lot of common ground there, even something that will unite the soccer and baseball people.

Murdering of innocent women and children too.  On this, I could agree with almost anyone...

Unless, of course, they hated Utah State first... or they were a byu fan... then I could not agree to agree.

I like world cup soccer, and don't mind them talking about it a bit while the world cup is on, or when USA has a big game. I have zero interest in listening to a couple of hours of talk about MLS soccer year round. I also have no interest in listening to sports talk about minor league baseball, or arena league football.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

Looking back, I regret that I was not one of the students who threw a goalpost off a cliff and carried it into the ocean after we beat UCLA for the national championship.  That would have been the best sports moment of my college days.

UCSB makes soccer work quite well and in recent years, so has Cal Poly.  I guess we do things differently in the Central Coast.

http://mustangnews.net/its-not-all-about-soccer/

It is really too bad that the MWC doesn't sponsor Men's Soccer as a sport.  New Mexico has a great soccer program (ranked #5 this past season) and plays in Conference USA.  The Aztecs play in the Pac-12.  Air Force and San Jose State play in the WAC.  That is almost enough teams to move forward--not that I think it would happen anytime in the near future.

Edit:  I forgot that UNLV also plays in the WAC.  So that is 5 teams from the current conference that field Division 1 teams.

It's apathy and/or laziness.  There's no real interest by the Hair or his cohorts in finding one affiliate to sponsor men's soccer, nor is there any interest by the other MW members to start it up (maybe CSU?).  You're not going to get Fresno to revive their program and if a near return to the BW wasn't going to encourage Boise to start men's soccer, they certainly are not gonna do so here. 

(Y'all could use some more baseball programs too)

That's one of the many reasons. Or to put it differently, they're hated in part because of all the douchbags who came in here 3+ years ago guaranteeing they would be added to the MWC at the January 2011 presidents meeting. Of course, on the last day of the meeting, then MWC president Steve Weber told the media there was never even a motion to invite the Naggies.

The Naggies' vast paranoia complex is another reason to hate them. But give credit where it's due. Most of their fans have lightened up a bit so there's still hope of them being moderately tolerable. Now, if they would just verbally beat the +++++ out of the "professor" from Utah State, K-Mart . . .

Are we even bros at all? You hurt my feelings. :(

(Seriously, dude, you are way too easy to troll. You need to learn to stop taking what people say on the Internet seriously. And presidents never, ever lie about what happens in conference meetings. I mean, when the SEC said that no vote was taken on a motion to add A&M, they must have been telling the truth, right? :lol: I'm not sure whether you're that naive or you just believe what you want to believe.)

It's apathy and/or laziness.  There's no real interest by the Hair or his cohorts in finding one affiliate to sponsor men's soccer, nor is there any interest by the other MW members to start it up (maybe CSU?).  You're not going to get Fresno to revive their program and if a near return to the BW wasn't going to encourage Boise to start men's soccer, they certainly are not gonna do so here. 

(Y'all could use some more baseball programs too)

The big culprit is Title IX, especially as the proportion of college students that are female nationwide continues its steady increase. Any MWC that wanted to add men's soccer would need to add some women's sports as well, and that gets expensive fast. As an aside, do you know if Tim Vom Steeg has ever been approached about coaching the men's national team? He seems like an obvious candidate. I just don't know if his coaching style would as effective in the international game as it is in the NCAA's. I do think it would be fun if international teams hated the U.S. as much as UCSB's opponents hate them. (Or at least I remember the hatred toward the 2004 team. Maybe people are used to Vom Steeg's style of play now.)