LPH-10

Why Is Utah State So Hated On Here

22 minutes ago, Aggie84025 said:

The conference tournament where big blue ripped the mustache off the nmsu mascot was epic.

I was out of country for this, but Big Blue stripping Pete of his mustache and then his pride was the main story I heard about this tournament. This is the real reason NMSU can't get into the MWC. 

Which of you Nevada fans is the guy who paid up? Legendary. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.deseret.com/platform/amp/2009/3/15/20307168/utah-state-s-big-blue-benched-for-finale

During a timeout with 7 seconds left and NMSU leading Utah State 70-69, Big Blue confronted the cowboy mascot and ripped off his fake mustache after a man wearing a Nevada shirt at the game offered $100 to the student in the costume modeled after Paul Bunyan's Blue Ox if he would do so.

The cowboy then chased the bull to half court, jumped on his back and tried unsuccessfully to pull him to the floor. He then started to try to choke his rival before retreating to his end of the court. Moments later, Utah State's Tyler Newbold hit a 15-foot shot with 3.1 seconds remaining to defeat NMSU 71-70.

Utah State said in a statement Saturday that the university apologized to NMSU officials following the incident. The school said the $100 Big Blue accepted for the evil deed will be donated to Kids Kottage, a shelter for abused and neglected children in Reno.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Go get em Utags.  

We Spartans got your back (until you come to SJ, then we gotta take you behind the woodshed).

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

19 hours ago, x97 said:

Only a racist would rant about being "grated" by the race of other people.    Care to explain?

It's called "humor" which apparently escaped you but not most others.

It's that whole "not smart " thing that haunts you rearing its head again.

I'm sure you're doing your best with what you have.

• Cheers 1

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

Remember when this was the biggest thread on the board?

SJSU & USU back to back football champs.

#WACtion

• Like 1
  • Cheers 6

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 hour ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Don’t taint the USU championship with your bullshit “championship”. 

What makes it bullshit? Winning only 4 games the next year?

Stop showing the board your true colors and be magnanimous for once in your life. 

Or just be pathetic. I dont care. 

Congrats to USU. 

• Like 4
  • Cheers 2

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

17 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Stop showing the board your true colors and be magnanimous for once in your life. 

Congrats to USU. 

I’ll always have a soft spot for USU. The WAC got down to one lifeboat headed to the MWC, and we were both on it. 

• Like 5
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

Congrats to USU. 

I shouldn’t have to answer that, but you can play stupid if you want. What USU accomplished shouldn’t be disrespected by comparing it to what SJSU lucked into to. It diminishes their championship. SJSU never won a real a championship and never will. 

• Super-Mega Idiot 1

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg