LPH-10

Why Is Utah State So Hated On Here

Logic and thinking fail....

Blame project failure and lack of fruition on Benson = (in edluvr's mind) BYU fans saying that Benson made BYU decide to go Indy in football.

No wonder you apparently struggled in school (am I right in assuming this?)

You are wrong as usual.

Posted Image

Guest #1Stunner

Oh and I love BSU's 10 year series with BYU OOC in Sept/Oct. Saves BSU's non rev's from playing the 30 year old olympic sports guys you guys have.

LOL!  30-year old sports guys?   More of your learning disabilities on display....

Here is a hint.  Which current school in this conference has players on their olympic sports teams who are essentially identical in age to BYU (i.e., 30 years old according to edluvr)?  Are you upset about this?

Or do you not have your usual hard-on over this, because you only do for BYU?

LOL!  30-year old sports guys?   More of your learning disabilities on display....

Here is a hint.  Which current school in this conference has players on their olympic sports teams who are essentially identical in age to BYU (i.e., 30 years old according to edluvr)?  Are you upset about this?

Or do you not have your usual hard-on over this, because you only do for BYU?

I'm sorry are they 26?

Posted Image

Guest #1Stunner

I'm sorry are they 26?

I don't know.... Maybe you should ask USU fans what the usual age is, since BYU and USU (non-olympic sports) are essentially a mirror of each other when it comes to age of players.

I cant tell if you are serious.Utah State University President Stan Albrecht gleefully wrote in an Aug. 17 e-mail that Boise State University President Bob Kustra's "world is crumbling around him and he is desperate.""All signatures are in place. I don't think either John or Milt has $5 million to buy their way out," said Albrecht, referring to Fresno State president John Welty and University of Nevada president Milt Glick, whose schools faced a $5 million penalty for agreeing to move to the Mountain West Conference from the Western Athletic Conference.He= Stan Knew what=how much of a DB he would look like. Particulars=making the MWC non desirable for BSU football, having UNLV come back to the WAC, and his snarky comment about Nevada and Fresno not having the $.

Thanks for the clarification.

You do understand, don't you, that the "gleefullness" attributed to Albrecht was literary license taken by the writer of the article in reference to Albrecht's emails? I'm unsure how one denotes glee from an email unless Albrecht's had smiley faces included. Was BSU's world crumbling? With BYU and Utah now having left the MWC and TCU with one foot out the door, it seems to me that Albrecht's was a pretty accurate description.

BSU fans need to get over themselves if they think "the project" was about the Broncos or even about UNLV/SDS. It wasn't. Yeah, it's too bad the MWC you thought you were joining, together with the BCS access that you felt was imminent, was only an illusion and that in fact you were only joining WAC 2.0. But that wasn't Albrecht's fault.

Yeah. Albrecht didn't think Fresno and Nevada had $5 million each to go through the exit door. So what? Was that snarky? Not at all. He felt it was a statement of fact -- and maybe it was, if either would have had to poney-up that amount, as intended by the agreement between the WAC presidents.

Utah State University President Stan Albrecht gleefully wrote in an Aug. 17 e-mail that Boise State University President Bob Kustra's "world is crumbling around him and he is desperate."

"All signatures are in place. I don't think either John or Milt has $5 million to buy their way out," said Albrecht, referring to Fresno State president John Welty and University of Nevada president Milt Glick, whose schools faced a $5 million penalty for agreeing to move to the Mountain West Conference from the Western Athletic Conference.

He= Stan Knew what=how much of a DB he would look like. Particulars=making the MWC non desirable for BSU football, having UNLV come back to the WAC, and his snarky comment about Nevada and Fresno not having the $.

Stan the Man must be one helluva lot of people trying to get him to sit down at the poker table.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Thanks for the clarification.

You do understand, don't you, that the "gleefullness" attributed to Albrecht was literary license taken by the writer of the article in reference to Albrecht's emails? I'm unsure how one denotes glee from an email unless Albrecht's had smiley faces included. Was BSU's world crumbling? With BYU and Utah now having left the MWC and TCU with one foot out the door, it seems to me that Albrecht's was a pretty accurate description.

BSU fans need to get over themselves if they think "the project" was about the Broncos or even about UNLV/SDS. It wasn't. Yeah, it's too bad the MWC you thought you were joining, together with the BCS access that you felt was imminent, was only an illusion and that in fact you were only joining WAC 2.0. But that wasn't Albrecht's fault.

Yeah. Albrecht didn't think Fresno and Nevada had $5 million each to go through the exit door. So what? Was that snarky? Not at all. He felt it was a statement of fact -- and maybe it was, if either would have had to poney-up that amount, as intended by the agreement between the WAC presidents.

It would be easy to get over it as a bronco fan if Stan did not feel the need to mention the broncos several times and how he was basically f'ing them and taking joy out of doing so. In a rare moment of Karma his own world ended up falling apart less than a week later.

To my knowledge Kustra has never even mentioned Stan and his douchbagness.

Posted Image

I really think Idaho's biggest problem is geography.   Just not by anything. 

as far as NMSU, meh.

Probably.  You guys seem to get it done in Laramie, but then again you have the state sealed up.

No problem.

Kellen Moore was vastly overrated QB who couldn't carry Kap's jockstrap in a suitcase. Also, Ian Johnson was a fraud.

Yeah both of those guys sucked big time.

Posted Image

Yeah, I'm getting bored with a bunch of schools from parts of the country that all the covered wagons skipped through b!tch at each other about The Project. Someone post a junk shot or a terrorist threat or some libel or something. COME ON!!! 100 POSTS! 100 POSTS! 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Boise State is for dumb people

Utah State is for dumb Mormons

Colorado State is for dumb hippies

Wyoming is for dumb gay cowboys

UNLV is for dumb Maloofs (redundant)

Air Force is for dumb QBs who can't throw

New Mexico is for dumb flags

SDSU is for dumb Sublime fans

Fresno State is for dumb meth addicts

Nevada is for dumb meth addicts who have gambling problems

Hawaii is for dumb mixed drinks

SJSU is for smart smarties who are very good looking!!!

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

I heard there is a new documentary coming out soon to chronicle the season of 2010 realignment..  It will be called "Gleeful".

Sorry chaps, but in the game of realignment, there are no choirboys.  The USU president probably acted like a jerk.  The FSU/Nevada contingent certainly didn't come out looking like the kind of folks with which you would love to make a deal..  And Boise looked like they often look, like a cheap hooker trollin for any John that is willing to up the ante by 10 bucks. 

This is sausage making at it's finest.  It's College Football's version of the "Survivor" Reality TV series, complete with dirty alliances, secret deals, a little bit of exposed skin, and complete willingness to trash even long-term relationships in order to save your own skin. 

But at this point, all of this finger-pointing back and forth is just so "2010".  The changes have happened.  Get over it.  For any and all of us to survive the coming arms race in college sports, we better be up at the crack of dawn and busting our butts, individually and collectively to make our schools as good as they can be.

The losers of this game of Survivor are those schools who don't find the way to make the investments in their programs and don't find some success on the fields and courts and don't aggressively pursue additional and alternative sources of revenue and funding to keep progressing.  See Idaho and NMSU.

It is just the nature of the game.