LPH-10

Why Is Utah State So Hated On Here

In the event there was some kind of Mountain/Pacific conference split, I wouldn't be too bummed if it ended up like this for the mountain side:

Wyo

CSU

AFA

UNM

UTEP

USU

Boise

Montana

Idaho

Yep, I think it's a win/win for all parties involved.

In the event there was some kind of Mountain/Pacific conference split, I wouldn't be too bummed if it ended up like this for the mountain side:

Wyo

CSU

AFA

UNM

UTEP

USU

Boise

Montana

Idaho

If there is a split both conferences will end up just fine.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

It'd be a great conference. Both of them would, really.

I don't think the current situation is tenable for that long.

I don't think it is either. In trying to save the conference, I think the Hair put the final nail in its coffin...

I think ultimately we will see a split of not the p5 conferences but just the top schools from those conferences. The rest of college football will realign geographically.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Cal Poly grads live in SoCal, the Bay Area, and the Central Valley in equal thirds. So even though they have dedicated alumni, it's a three hour drive from anywhere to San Luis. I don't know, I really wanted them to move up to the WAC, but I'm not sure they could pull off FBS. Sac State is a legitimate FBS possibility.

Sac State gives you the valley when paired with Fresno. If we split it will be because of Boise not with Boise. Ideally though we would take some other schools that want out of the Boise deal and have 2 divisions, 1 centered in CA and one in Texas. Ideally...

Fresno

SDSU

SJSU

Hawaii

Nevada

Vegas

New Mexico

AFA

SMU

Houston

UTSA

UTEP

Let Boise join back up with

Idaho

Boise

Wyoming

Colorado State

Montana

Montana State

Utah State

Eastern Washington

Ed, get a clue. Exclusion of Boise isn't because we don't like you, it's because deciding to remain in the MWC showed how satisfied you guys are to be in a conference that we Aztecs are not equally pleased about.

Exactly. Why would you leave a conference where you have guarenteed Bonus dollars off the top no matter what. You wouldn't. Just because we don't want to fund it doesn't mean we think you should give it up.

Plus no one has an individual contract but Boise. CBSSports has a contract with the MWC not Fresno. In Boise's case, ESPN has a contract with you specifically which could possibly bind you to the MWC no matter what the rest of us do.

Our president was too much of a pussy to go independent. That's a different argument all together though. Once the decision was made to go back to the MWC however, CBS Sports did not allow the MWC to allow us to shop our games like you did, which was my main point of contention with your post.

I don think it was CBSSports. Look how many CBSSports games you and AFA soaked up. You left us free for ESPN. Thanks!

Exactly. Why would you leave a conference where you have guarenteed Bonus dollars off the top no matter what. You wouldn't. Just because we don't want to fund it doesn't mean we think you should give it up.

Plus no one has an individual contract but Boise. CBSSports has a contract with the MWC not Fresno. In Boise's case, ESPN has a contract with you specifically which could possibly bind you to the MWC no matter what the rest of us do.

If you want 2 rebuild the WAC and get that million dollar a year tv contract back that's on you guys lol

Posted Image

Wyo

CSU

AFA

UNM

UTEP

USU

Boise

Montana

Idaho

San Diego St

San Jose St

Fresno St

Hawaii

UNLV

Nevada

Sac St*

Cal Poly*

Both sides are happy. Two solid Western Conferences.

Gentleman, who do you believe would move up from the Big Sky or restart their FB program from the Big West?

I think that Sac St., UC Davis, Cal Poly all have potential.

Id say it was in the realm of possibility that CSUB, UC Riverside, UCSB and CSUF could potentially start FB programs that would dominate their local areas.

But in an ideal world La St, SF st, LBSU, etc.. would start football programs and the Western Schools would have presences in the major markets..

If the mountain west split up and turned into 2 conference by adding some more teams, both would be AA conferences in quality and only D1 A in name. The MWC spent over 10 years trying to prove we belonged in D1 A and could compete with the other conferences. We have been given an accidental gift by being at 12 teams to succeed. This 12 team conference is our only and last chance to prove we are equal and competitive. The only way a team does better is to leave and join one of the big 5. Splitting the conference into 2 is a step backwards.

27fb3675e6bf8bbd155cf063ad59994d.jpg

That, Mr. Bauer, is awesome.

That poor kid is a U of U student from Logan and he is one of three people who were gored in that thing.  Someone doctored it up like that and I thought it was funny.  I guess it might be in poor taste given that he had his spleen removed, but the kid is alive and well so no harm no foul.  

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Gentleman, who do you believe would move up from the Big Sky or restart their FB program from the Big West?

I think that Sac St., UC Davis, Cal Poly all have potential.

Id say it was in the realm of possibility that CSUB, UC Riverside, UCSB and CSUF could potentially start FB programs that would dominate their local areas.

But in an ideal world La St, SF st, LBSU, etc.. would start football programs and the Western Schools would have presences in the major markets..

Hell no to Davis. There is almost zero chance for those schools you mentioned start football programs.

If the mountain west split up and turned into 2 conference by adding some more teams, both would be AA conferences in quality and only D1 A in name. The MWC spent over 10 years trying to prove we belonged in D1 A and could compete with the other conferences. We have been given an accidental gift by being at 12 teams to succeed. This 12 team conference is our only and last chance to prove we are equal and competitive. The only way a team does better is to leave and join one of the big 5. Splitting the conference into 2 is a step backwards.

The MWC that spent 10 years trying to prove it belonged is dead.

The TV contract has created a situation that is going to make it so that any team with value will be better to leave this conference.

The MWC that spent 10 years trying to prove it belonged is dead.

The TV contract has created a situation that is going to make it so that any team with value will be better to leave this conference.

True. But that team with value will only be recognized if they have a strong SOS and strong OOC schedule. That's why Boise wasn't seriously looked at when they were bin the WAC. This is why Utah and TCU were seriously looked at. Because of certain marketing, Boise and to a lesser extent, air force, could successfully leave the MWC and land in a better conference. But overall, the rest of the teams won't have such an option unless the MWC is successful.

And with the current 12 teams, albeit not planned by Thompson, has a very good chance of proving themselves. As a conference and as individual teams. If Utah state and San Jose stayed in the WAC, they'd never be seriously looked at. They will now. Same with sdsu and Fresno. Win with a strong conference and get at least 5 or 6 of the 12 to bowl games and you will be looked at. Having 2 conferences like above with 9 teams each will forever keep the teams as mid or mid major teams. At least in the eyes of the other conferences and the TV execs.

27fb3675e6bf8bbd155cf063ad59994d.jpg

Because of certain marketing, Boise and to a lesser extent, air force, could successfully leave the MWC and land in a better conference. But overall, the rest of the teams won't have such an option unless the MWC is successful.

Not true at all.

And with the current 12 teams, albeit not planned by Thompson, has a very good chance of proving themselves. As a conference and as individual teams. If Utah state and San Jose stayed in the WAC, they'd never be seriously looked at. They will now. Same with sdsu and Fresno. Win with a strong conference and get at least 5 or 6 of the 12 to bowl games and you will be looked at. Having 2 conferences like above with 9 teams each will forever keep the teams as mid or mid major teams. At least in the eyes of the other conferences and the TV execs.

None of the teams in this conference will be seriously looked at, be it in this conference or in the proposed split, so we might as well split.

You're under the delusion that this MWC is the same MWC of five years ago, and frankly, its not...