Warbow

Ranking the MWC and WAC

I hope they don't turn into the new SUDS fans.

Thats just low. We are having some fun which we can all admit hasnt happened much in the past 20 years. It would take a lot of dope smoking and loss of brain cells to start sounding like SUDS fans. Delusional would be putting it lightly. But in all seriousness. I think SJSU would take Fresno this year.

Like you write, 'homerism is great.' I offer reasons why I think you're wrong, you offer nothing but a 'no way we beat USU and SJSU' and two touchdown prediction in a shoot out...tells me you haven't seen us play much, particularly during the latter half of the season. SJSU has a lot to be proud of, but no sense in getting carried away.

Were Sparty and the Doggies to get it on this year, say in the Hawaii bowl, I think it would probably look a lot like last night's game, in that the team that makes the last mistake - like LTU did last night - ends up on the losing side.

My main fear is that this season was such a breakout relative to prior seasons that it will be almost impossible to duplicate what has gone well. This season, SJSU had very little in the way of injury, a fresh QB coming into a new scheme that was perfectly suited to his abilities, with a crew of experienced WR's and a TE that is top-5 in the land. Combine that with a very experienced D-line, and you get a perfect storm of Sparty goodness...especially against a watered-down league competition.

Where Mike MacIntyre makes his money is in next year's team, and whether or not he can duplicate the results from this year with the losses of Travis Johnson, David Quessenberry, James Orth, Ryan Otten, David Tuitupou, and Ronnie Yell. Amazingly, the complete set of WR's (Nunn, Jones, Grigsby and Carr) will return for next season, so Fales will still have plenty of targets to chuck the ball to.

There were a lot of folks on here who thought that SJSU would be a doormat when they enter the MWC next season. I think it's pretty clear that ain't gonna be the case.

Geezus Christ.. One winning season(after the WAC lost it's best teams) and now San Jose are the western gods of football.

I hope they don't turn into the new SUDS fans.

Damn. Direct comparisons in one string to both the Tater Borg and the Surf Borg. Tough crowd in here.

I call dibs on "Tech Borg."

Thats just low. We are having some fun which we can all admit hasnt happened much in the past 20 years. It would take a lot of dope smoking and loss of brain cells to start sounding like SUDS fans. Delusional would be putting it lightly. But in all seriousness. I think SJSU would take Fresno this year.

Yeah, you're right, that was a bit of a low shot.

I don't think they would because of this guy.

20120915_lbm_se9_672.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Fresno came around this year. They'd probably beat Tulsa if they played them again and definitely could beat Boise. Going to be scary, scary good next season.

What's your OOC look like in 2013?

Cupcake.jpg

(Rutgers, @Colorado, @Idaho, Cal Poly)

Cupcake.jpg

(Rutgers, @Colorado, @Idaho, Cal Poly)

LOL. Damn our OOC schedule next year looks to be real rough.

@UCLA, Oregon, UC David, @Florida State

Excited for the home opener though still, hopefully will be a sellout finally.

8k3esKz.png

Rankulator says:

# 16 San Jose St.

# 19 Utah St.

# 20 Boise St.

# 22 Fresno St.

# 28 San Diego St.

# 30 La Tech

# 44 BYU

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Lets see what the BE looks like after next week, things are getting shaky over there right now.

If UL, CIN and UCON do leave for the ACC, that place is a disaster. BYU might join BSU and

SDSU and try to form a new western home. OH YEA, I don't have a clue.

GO BRONCOS

I think anyone who actually believes starting up a new conference is a good idea at this point, is delusional. Sorry, I just can't see that happening. The only people that are talking about such absurdness are here.

I think anyone who actually believes starting up a new conference is a good idea at this point, is delusional. Sorry, I just can't see that happening. The only people that are talking about such absurdness are here.

I believe that's a joke also.

A league with no TV contract to speak of, with millions of dollars in exit fees to pay and crazy travel planned doesn't stand a chance to survive the first year.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Really? With the MWC tied to a dead end Tv deal for several more years? And the WAC still having Idaho and NMSU among others attached to it?

Screw NCAA tourney credits for a couple years. If it was possible to sign a legit TV deal, then it will happen. I have no idea if it's possible but to piss the concept away as a joke isn't right.

There are many holes to step in if you try but I'm guessing it's been explored already.

Really? With the MWC tied to a dead end Tv deal for several more years? And the WAC still having Idaho and NMSU among others attached to it?

Screw NCAA tourney credits for a couple years. If it was possible to sign a legit TV deal, then it will happen. I have no idea if it's possible but to piss the concept away as a joke isn't right.

There are many holes to step in if you try but I'm guessing it's been explored already.

Not saying it can't happen. Just saying it borderlines on the absurd and is a very, very, very long shot. This whole league expansion thing has been about the cash grab for conferences by grabbing more teams and bigger markets. Many BSU fans are here talking like its going to happen. That's absurd and delusional, IMO. Just because you want something, doesn't mean is plausible.

Because we would rather not associate with this group

106. AFA

110. Wyoming

122. CSU

140. UNM

151. UNLV

161. Hawaii

Let's see which big east schools fit outside top 100

103. Temple

116. Houston

133. Memphis

Seems like a easy decision to me.

LOL at SUDS fans claiming to be so superior they they don't want to associate with AFA, WYO, CSU, UNM, and UH tells me that they have lost all sense of who they really are. In reality for much of the time that SUDS has been in the MWC, they have been looking up at all of those teams in the rankings.

Good Luck in the nBE, if that ever really materializes.