Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCA

San Jose State at San Diego State

We have a Tebow-like player in QB Blake Jurich to counter that. He gets inserted into the game to throw off the defense with his running ability. He throws better than Tebow, so if the defense stacks up on the line, he'll pass to an open receiver. He's been involved in scoring plays in all three games.

Pretty sweet video! I really like the Spartans and I hope they win until they play Fresno State then I hate them and want them to loss!

I'm not talking about designed run plays, I'm talking about the kind of guy that can do something when the pocket breaks down. Fales isn't that guy,

Hopefully he throws the ball out quick like he's been doing before the pocket collapses. Fales is the kind of guy that would rather take the sack over throwing an errant pass when getting pressured. I think it'll come down to the battle of the wideouts and secondaries. The front lines look to be evenly matched.

image.png.1178cb94333bdf4f5bfc7ae8abb53fd0.png

I'm not talking about designed run plays, I'm talking about the kind of guy that can do something when the pocket breaks down. Fales isn't that guy,

Obviously you haven't seen him play....he certainly is that guy; will slip and evade rushers, roll right or left and always have eyes down field....makes plays...of course SDSU has to show the ability to 'break down' the pocket which seems to have been lacking thus far....

Obviously you haven't seen him play....he certainly is that guy; will slip and evade rushers, roll right or left and always have eyes down field....makes plays...of course SDSU has to show the ability to 'break down' the pocket which seems to have been lacking thus far....

You obviously haven't seen our defense play. They broke down the pocket against Washington and North Dakota. North Dakota's QB was just in the zone and making crazy throws on the run once he used his quickness to escape the collapsing pocket.

You obviously haven't seen our defense play. They broke down the pocket against Washington and North Dakota. North Dakota's QB was just in the zone and making crazy throws on the run once he used his quickness to escape the collapsing pocket.

So your defense is good except for when it's being torched for 434 yards in the air against an FCS QB. Gotcha.

After watching film of SJSU, Rocky Long provides a comparison between North Dakota when asked about trying to stop SJSU: "I think on offense the QBs are comparable, the receivers are comparable, San Jose's running backs are better, their tight ends are better...on defense they are a lot better. Very big challenge." Adding, "No one has consistently run the ball well against them."

A key for SDSU is pressure on the QB, "Hopefully we can get a pass rush with 4 guys. In order to play decent pass defense you got to be able to rush 4 guys and get some decent heat on the QB. Until we get a decent pass rush with 4 guys our pass defense is very suspect. If you can't get a pass rush with 4 guys, you got to take some chances and blitz them, then you're really taking some chances with big plays. We got to do a lot better at rushing the passer. I think our defensive line is a work in progess, and I was hoping by the 3rd or 4th game that they would be at game speed, well it didn't look like it last week".

So with no heat on the QB, it will be hard to play "decent" pass defense against us.

If going by what Rocky Long described, SDSU will have its hands full by going up against a better overall offense and defense than last week's opponent. I'm going with the consensus and saying this will be a close one.

After watching film of SJSU, Rocky Long provides a comparison between North Dakota when asked about trying to stop SJSU: "I think on offense the QBs are comparable, the receivers are comparable, San Jose's running backs are better, their tight ends are better...on defense they are a lot better. Very big challenge." Adding, "No one has consistently run the ball well against them."

A key for SDSU is pressure on the QB, "Hopefully we can get a pass rush with 4 guys. In order to play decent pass defense you got to be able to rush 4 guys and get some decent heat on the QB. Until we get a decent pass rush with 4 guys our pass defense is very suspect. If you can't get a pass rush with 4 guys, you got to take some chances and blitz them, then you're really taking some chances with big plays. We got to do a lot better at rushing the passer. I think our defensive line is a work in progess, and I was hoping by the 3rd or 4th game that they would be at game speed, well it didn't look like it last week".

So with no heat on the QB, it will be hard to play "decent" pass defense against us.

If going by what Rocky Long described, SDSU will have its hands full by going up against a better overall offense and defense than last week's opponent. I'm going with the consensus and saying this will be a close one.

Rocky Long makes every team out to be the greatest team the Aztecs have ever played. He doesn't give any locker room material.

If you want proof, here is his comments in an interview before the UNM game last year. (at 5 min. For Wyoming fans, its after the Wyoming game, feel free to giggle about it, you earned it last year)

5812325590_be8c597a4b_b.jpg

Eternal Sandbagger Long would say that a middling Jr. Pee Wee team was the toughest team to ever put on a pads

i_love_suds_mug-p168021735772838352enw9p

Rocky Long makes every team out to be the greatest team the Aztecs have ever played. He doesn't give any locker room material.

If you want proof, here is his comments in an interview before the UNM game last year. (at 5 min. For Wyoming fans, its after the Wyoming game, feel free to giggle about it, you earned it last year)

Yup, that's ES Long's shtick. And of course wyoming beat SDSU last year, they went to a bowl game.

i_love_suds_mug-p168021735772838352enw9p

Rocky Long does provide accurate information on the qualities of SJSU, nothing I can tell that makes us out to be "the greatest team the Aztecs have ever played." Most of his press conference is pointing out the improvements needed from his team and why, based off of the past games and this week's opponent.

We have a Tebow-like player in QB Blake Jurich to counter that. He gets inserted into the game to throw off the defense with his running ability. He throws better than Tebow, so if the defense stacks up on the line, he'll pass to an open receiver. He's been involved in scoring plays in all three games.

Lol sorry man, I just have to reply to this intro video you posted as your sig. How cheesy. I wonder how much you guys had to pay to have those "Fans" at the end cheering you guys on, coming down the ramp.

Lol sorry man, I just have to reply to this intro video you posted as your sig. How cheesy. I wonder how much you guys had to pay to have those "Fans" at the end cheering you guys on, coming down the ramp.

They are Fresno fans..... They lost a bet last year when SJSU beat Fresno..

All in good fun

This The purpose of the thread is to elicit "phucking" opinions on this game. I think SJSU will win by at least one point. I agree with Billings, SJSU has the better coach. Long will eventually put SDSU back to sleep

"By at least one point" is redundant. All wins are by at least one point, in football.

SDSU has had 5 upper half NCAA berths in a row.

I think it is going to be a close game between two evenly matched teams. IMO, the pressure is on the

home team to win this one...they're the favorite and I believe that they think that they are the best

CSU Football Program...

We'll see on Saturday.

Looking forward to matching up again with our one great in-state rival...Fresno State!

I wish Byu would have stayed in the MWC. If we had BSU schedule we go 12-0. now as Independent we have to play at SJSU which would be #2 in MWC as one of our cupcake games. SJSU by 20 over asstecs

The Masters 5k road race All American.

I wish Byu would have stayed in the MWC. If we had BSU schedule we go 12-0. now as Independent we have to play at SJSU which would be #2 in MWC as one of our cupcake games. SJSU by 20 over asstecs

I thought the Holy War was annual? So your OOC would have a loss. No 12-0 for you, Coug.

I think it is going to be a close game between two evenly matched teams. IMO, the pressure is on the

home team to win this one...they're the favorite and I believe that they think that they are the best

CSU Football Program...

We'll see on Saturday.

Looking forward to matching up again with our one great in-state rival...Fresno State!

My feelings exactly. 3 CSU's are doing well, Can't be mad at that.