Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCA

San Jose State at San Diego State

It SHOULD be a great game-- barring unforeseen "flukey" developments.

QB's-- Katz the better runner. Fales the better passer.

RB's-- SDSU's Kazee and Muema (sp?) are better than SJSU's Eskridge and Ervin. Advantage SDSU.

WR's-- clear advantage to SJSU.

TE's-- Both teams are strong there. Both starting tight ends will play on Sundays.

OL-- SDSU's is better at opening holes for runners. SJSU's is better at protecting the passer.

DB's-- a bit marginal for both teams.

DL-- both are solid.

LB's-- the real strength of SJSU. Advantage Spartans.

Very slight advantage to SJSU with SDSU's home field advantage negating that. I am looking forward to the game.

It SHOULD be a great game-- barring unforeseen "flukey" developments.

QB's-- Katz the better runner. Fales the better passer.

RB's-- SDSU's Kazee and Muema (sp?) are better than SJSU's Eskridge and Ervin. Advantage SDSU.

WR's-- clear advantage to SJSU.

TE's-- Both teams are strong there. Both starting tight ends will play on Sundays.

OL-- SDSU's is better at opening holes for runners. SJSU's is better at protecting the passer.

DB's-- a bit marginal for both teams.

DL-- both are solid.

LB's-- the real strength of SJSU. Advantage Spartans.

Very slight advantage to SJSU with SDSU's home field advantage negating that. I am looking forward to the game.

:lol:

False is a the better passer? Katz' passer rating says otherwise.

Clear advantage at WR? You've thrown the ball more as you can't run so they have more stats right now. There's nothing clear about it.

LBs are the strength of our defense as well.

:lol:

False is a the better passer? Katz' passer rating says otherwise.

Clear advantage at WR? You've thrown the ball more as you can't run so they have more stats right now. There's nothing clear about it.

LBs are the strength of our defense as well.

Sorry.. but Fales is the better passer, and SJSU has probably the second best WR's on the west coast behind USC. Not putting down SDSU at all, I wish them nothing but the best except for this Saturday, but it is very clear most SDSU fans do not know much about SJSU. Its cool, cant say I know a bunch about SDSU... But Ive been looking at stuff. It will be a great game, but I think SJSU will come out on top on this one.

I think this game is a pickem. Logic says give the Asstecs the edge and pull out a close win but for some reason I am going to go with the Spartans in this game. SJSU by 2 in a close hard fought game.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

Damn... This should be a really good game. Im going with SJSU with the win though.

Coming from a Fresno State fan, that's much appreciated. :)

SJSU by 4.

Admittedly, I don't know much about this years SJSU team. I've read up a little this week, and their performance so far has been solid. Also, I respect the number of fans from other teams giving SJSU props. So, they are probably as advertised.

If it turns out to be a close game that might actually favor SJSU due to our lack of a kicking game. The oddsmakers put SDSU at -3.5 which is basically home field advantage plus a slight nod (.5) to the Aztecs.

As an Aztec fan I'm hoping for a surprise blow out on the part of my Aztecs. I'd like to see our team perform well on both sides of the ball for 60 minutes. The realist in me says this will probably be a very close game. SDSU will be challenged. It should be a good test for both teams.

I have to go with the homer call of 35 - 31 Aztecs.

Uh, yes. Do a little research if you dont believe me

I'll see Grigsby, Carr, and Jones and raise you Adams, Burse, and Harper/Dean. I can't think of a single other team in the MWC or WAC, or hell... even the Pac-12 that has the depth at receiver that we do. We've been without one of our best receivers all year, and will get him back just in time for SDSU to have to deal with him.

I'll see Grigsby, Carr, and Jones and raise you Adams, Burse, and Harper/Dean. I can't think of a single other team in the MWC or WAC, or hell... even the Pac-12 that has the depth at receiver that we do. We've been without one of our best receivers all year, and will get him back just in time for SDSU to have to deal with him.

Yeah, we've only got Ruffin, Butler, Lockett, Sandifer, etc...

We ALL have good deep receiving corps. None are clearly better than the other.

Hell, Lockett is a All MWC player and he's our third receiver.

I'm taking SJSU in this one, you know the one with the 3rd best WR group after FS.

I hope SJSU destroys the surf queens...then we get them the following week in our crib! I'd love to see them walk out of Bulldog Stadium with back to back losses from SJSU & FS.

Suck it, Aztecs.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

When it comes to WR's, part of their effectiveness is a function of the quality of D-Line who are pass-rushing your QB and the secondary who are covering your guys. So.... inasmuch we can go back and forth about who has the better receiving corps, the other aforementioned guys will definitely have a Big Say in the ultimate outcome.

Just speaking to SJSU here, but Noel Grigsby is already SJSU's all-time leading receiver - as a Junior, no less. He's a possession guy- extraordinaire. Kyle Nunn is tall and athletic. And Jabari Carr? The youngster has the wheels and the desire to burn defenses. Toss in Chandler Jones (if he doesn't have a case of the drops that day) and Ryan Otten (preseason John Mackey Award Watch-list) and SJSU's group is definitely formidable. Not saying SDSU's aren't; I'm just more "ignorant" as to what they bring to the table.

But, again, it will be the team that blocks better that will probably ultimately prevail...

CSU (San Jose) - 80

CSU (Tijuana) - 5

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

They're CSUs, not UCs.

FIxed....thanks

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."