Coastie

Sad news. This is coastie's son posting.

RIP Coastie...

I saw a posting on the Pac-12 Board and felt compelled to give my belated respects and condolences...

Coastie was a great USAFA fan and good egg, he certainly represented the AFA fan base well...

He will be missed.

That is sad news and I'm sorry to hear. My condolences to the family.

Coastie was probably the best poster on here, objective, informative and gave his opinion without trashing everyone else.

We could all learn a thing or two from his positive attitude.

Sad to hear. Was going to go to Corvallis this summer and see my son. Thought about swinging by Coos Bay and buying him a beer.

Prayers and best wishes to the family.

Hi again, everyone. I figured you'd like to see my Dad's obituary.

http://theworldlink.com/news/local/obituaries/timothy-james-chandler/article_2e8d3a8d-c7b0-503a-b76d-80222fba6cfc.html

I'd like to get a recent picture of him on here since the picture we used for the obituary is his boot camp graduation picture but I don't know how.

Although I'm new to this forum I've enjoyed reading the thoughtful posts that your father always wrote. My condolences to you and your family...

Hi again, everyone. I figured you'd like to see my Dad's obituary.

http://theworldlink.com/news/local/obituaries/timothy-james-chandler/article_2e8d3a8d-c7b0-503a-b76d-80222fba6cfc.html

I'd like to get a recent picture of him on here since the picture we used for the obituary is his boot camp graduation picture but I don't know how.

Thanks for sharing Troy, your father sounded like an amazing man...I guess I failed to realize he lived in Coos Bay, I have a lot of family there, and just returned from a trip there about a month ago...God Speed Tim!

Just had my mom check her email and Troy Calhoun sent her one as well.

Wow, that is incredible. I just became an AF fan........no don't worry!

The thing that sucks about the way we mourn death is that everyone lets their feelings out, and the person isn't around to hear it and appreciate it. I guess that's why we need to make sure that it's known in good times, not just bad.

Troy. While I know you will miss your dad so much, I hope that you can find one final bit of peace knowing that your dad, in his passing, provided one final post. This final post is the last 7 pages of this thread. And in it, he has brought ALL of us closer to each other. We've had threads recently talking about the new mountain west conference. With 3 new teams this year and 2 more next year. Many asked if it would be better or worse. It was mentioned how in time we would grow closer and unite as a conference. Your dad started this for us in the last few days. That shows how much of a leader and friend he has been to all of us. This forum and the future mountain west conference is his opus. As we grow and become stronger, we will not forget that he helped bring us together in a time of confusion. God bless your father TIM, as well as you, your sister, and your mom. Mike.

Troy. While I know you will miss your dad so much, I hope that you can find one final bit of peace knowing that your dad, in his passing, provided one final post. This final post is the last 7 pages of this thread. And in it, he has brought ALL of us closer to each other. We've had threads recently talking about the new mountain west conference. With 3 new teams this year and 2 more next year. Many asked if it would be better or worse. It was mentioned how in time we would grow closer and unite as a conference. Your dad started this for us in the last few days. That shows how much of a leader and friend he has been to all of us. This forum and the future mountain west conference is his opus. As we grow and become stronger, we will not forget that he helped bring us together in a time of confusion. God bless your father TIM, as well as you, your sister, and your mom. Mike.

+1

Excellent post. AFA has some good fans.

He will be missed. Classy guy, repped AF well.

I just became an AF fan........no don't worry!

Phil Steele is really high on Air Force so that works out well.

(Coastie would approve of that cheap shot)

Hello again. I just wanted to thanks again that all of you reached out. We had the service today and I was able to get through my eulogy. We had it recorded because while my grandma was able to make it up from sacramento my grandfather wasn't since he can't be in a car for more than half an hour, let alone a 10 hour car drive. We are contemplating putting it on youtube so you guys can see it but we'll be making it private so it's not visible to just everybody in the world. While all of you have been wonderful, I don't want to risk it with strangers. But regardless, I'll make sure to post it here for those of you that would like to see it.

My sister wanted to give all of you her email address as well. It's bethchandler@gmail.com She'll be sending out thank you cards soon.

Part of my eulogy was reading some of your comments. I didn't think to include the usernames unfortunately. I hope I don't offend anybody by not picking your post, I honestly just picked ones that i thought my grandma and mom would enjoy the most. But my mom had me print out the entire thread and she has it saved in a book along with his obituary. I'll print off more pages as they come.

My sister got on here and looked at the "favorite posters" thread and saw that you guys were gonna name it the "coastie award". I got a kick out of that and I'm sure my dad would love that.

Truly shocking news. Although I hardly post here, I just recent signed up but I've been reading this board for years. I've always enjoyed his posts. God bless you all!

A legend that will be missed

RIP Coastie! You will be sadly missed.

Sorry to hear of his passing; definitely one of the best on this board. Condolences to the family.

Wow, didn't even see this - terrible loss...

Prayers going out to you and yours....

RIP Coastie....

So sad to read this. Coastie was one of the best fans on this board and his posts were amongst the most insightful ever. He will be sorely missed.

Troy, from over here in Europe I wish you and your family strength and all the best in this hard time.

Well I feel late to the party on this, Troy, My best goes out to you and your family. I live in Toronto and lurked on the site for years before posting, your dad was the one who got me in to following Air Force. Rest assured I will Rock my Air Force hat for him when I get home…..you and your family will be in my prayers.