Coastie

Sad news. This is coastie's son posting.

I'm happy with this as well. This way, it doesn't get buried but it also doesn't take up places as a sticky in the sports area.

That was my thought as well, I figured this would be well received.

• Like 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just wanted to say that I really like Coastie's Corner forum (tribute). I only knew Coastie through this message board, but I enjoyed sharing comments with him. Great guy!  :)

Thinking of Coastie on Independence Day. See the source image He served our country well.

• Like 1

Hey guys ...l have been on the board along time, Coastie was a good man who made this place better. I tend not to comment to often, more of a lurker really. I just thought that maybe we could create something really unique to show that the man did matter to us and still does. We could look at creating a hall of fame of the board. Do it like the voting baseball writers do, you must be on the board for a minimum of 3 years contribute to the betterment of the community. Arguments are great, going hard for you school ect. That's a stable of why we are here. If you are bulling someone excessively not cool and that should not bam you from the hall forever,  maybe just not a first ballot. I am not married to the rules  or the minutia regarding the process. . So here is my thought, If there are enough of you out there who like the idea, MVP, most valuable poster, best UNLV, new Mexico or USUu poster vote on our coach of the year for the conference, Call it the Dave rice trophy.  Maybe we could 3 of 4 guys together to come up with what this looks like and  go from there. I am happy to do a boatload of the work on it, but I know enough to know I don't have all the answers, it would be a fun way for the community group  to recognize our own while paying respect to our dear friend Coastie

Please provide some general thoughts feelings emotional reaction to the idea, or if you would love to help out building the process with me. if you are not impressed at all and think this is the worst idea ever, that's cool too, my only ask would be that you tell me why your not impressed. If there is feed back that's awesome it allows us to improve

I watched Coast Guard Academy football play their arch rival Merchant Marine Academy yesterday on ESPN 3. Props to Coastie! :cheers: