Coastie

Sad news. This is coastie's son posting.

Sad to hear. Was going to go to Corvallis this summer and see my son. Thought about swinging by Coos Bay and buying him a beer.

Prayers and best wishes to the family.

Hi again, everyone. I figured you'd like to see my Dad's obituary.

http://theworldlink.com/news/local/obituaries/timothy-james-chandler/article_2e8d3a8d-c7b0-503a-b76d-80222fba6cfc.html

I'd like to get a recent picture of him on here since the picture we used for the obituary is his boot camp graduation picture but I don't know how.

Thanks for sharing Troy, your father sounded like an amazing man...I guess I failed to realize he lived in Coos Bay, I have a lot of family there, and just returned from a trip there about a month ago...God Speed Tim!

"They're a bunch of jealous little dicks who use the anonymity of the internet to insult people who're doing what they wish they were doing." ~ Holden McNeil

Just had my mom check her email and Troy Calhoun sent her one as well.

Wow, that is incredible. I just became an AF fan........no don't worry!

The thing that sucks about the way we mourn death is that everyone lets their feelings out, and the person isn't around to hear it and appreciate it. I guess that's why we need to make sure that it's known in good times, not just bad.

kat.jpg

Troy. While I know you will miss your dad so much, I hope that you can find one final bit of peace knowing that your dad, in his passing, provided one final post. This final post is the last 7 pages of this thread. And in it, he has brought ALL of us closer to each other. We've had threads recently talking about the new mountain west conference. With 3 new teams this year and 2 more next year. Many asked if it would be better or worse. It was mentioned how in time we would grow closer and unite as a conference. Your dad started this for us in the last few days. That shows how much of a leader and friend he has been to all of us. This forum and the future mountain west conference is his opus. As we grow and become stronger, we will not forget that he helped bring us together in a time of confusion. God bless your father TIM, as well as you, your sister, and your mom. Mike.

27fb3675e6bf8bbd155cf063ad59994d.jpg

Hello again. I just wanted to thanks again that all of you reached out. We had the service today and I was able to get through my eulogy. We had it recorded because while my grandma was able to make it up from sacramento my grandfather wasn't since he can't be in a car for more than half an hour, let alone a 10 hour car drive. We are contemplating putting it on youtube so you guys can see it but we'll be making it private so it's not visible to just everybody in the world. While all of you have been wonderful, I don't want to risk it with strangers. But regardless, I'll make sure to post it here for those of you that would like to see it.

My sister wanted to give all of you her email address as well. It's bethchandler@gmail.com She'll be sending out thank you cards soon.

Part of my eulogy was reading some of your comments. I didn't think to include the usernames unfortunately. I hope I don't offend anybody by not picking your post, I honestly just picked ones that i thought my grandma and mom would enjoy the most. But my mom had me print out the entire thread and she has it saved in a book along with his obituary. I'll print off more pages as they come.

My sister got on here and looked at the "favorite posters" thread and saw that you guys were gonna name it the "coastie award". I got a kick out of that and I'm sure my dad would love that.

5810035788_0136d8168b_b.jpg

So sad to read this. Coastie was one of the best fans on this board and his posts were amongst the most insightful ever. He will be sorely missed.

Troy, from over here in Europe I wish you and your family strength and all the best in this hard time.

Well I feel late to the party on this, Troy, My best goes out to you and your family. I live in Toronto and lurked on the site for years before posting, your dad was the one who got me in to following Air Force. Rest assured I will Rock my Air Force hat for him when I get home…..you and your family will be in my prayers.

I've been away from the forums for a good while due to some things happening in life, and it was a shock to come back here and see this.

I've never met Coastie in person. Well, I may have, but I may have not known it. You see, I've met TONS of Air Force fans in Laramie both at football games and basketball games. Tons. And every single one has been nothing but an awesome person to me and to my fellow Wyoming fans.

Reading this thread caused me to tear up. When I first came to this board, Coastie was one of the first to say hello and welcome me to the board. He was always a class act. Hell, I've yet to personally meet an Air Force fan on here or anywhere else that wasn't a class act. The Flyboys are my second team in the MWC. There just isn't anything better when they play my Pokes. I love watching Air Force take the field, and it's always an honor and an extreme privilege to just be in the same stadium or arena with the Flyboys. It's always great to be able to hang with their fans and share the passion of the MWC together.

I don't know if I've ever met your dad Troy, but with all the Air Force fans I met, I hope I was privileged enough to shake his hand. He was one of the greats around here, as everyone has been rightfully saying.

We could all learn something from Coastie. Tim was always classy and always around to just talk sports. With how the board has been with the fighting and trolling and whatnot, guys like him were and still are a breath of fresh air. I'm sad that the board was in the state it's in when he passed. This should show all of us what's really important here. I'm not trying to sound all high and mighty, because I too have been guilty of petty fighting around here.

For some reason this has really affected me. It could be a combination of the recent tough events in my life, but I'm really gonna miss Coastie. I have no doubt all of you will too. I know you all already know this, but we lost one hell of an awesome person. A family member.

Fly into the wild blue yonder Coastie. You'll be missed and never forgotten!