Coastie

Sad news. This is coastie's son posting.

Coastie was one of the really good guys on here. Reasonable, funny and intelligent. I always read his posts. I'm so sorry for your loss. I have lost both of my parents and know how you feel. Be strong for your mom and my prayers are with you and your family.

A toast to Coastie: We use to chat in other forums and offline on how there are so few academy fans on the MWC forum, so we need to cover the gauntlet of styles and posters like all the other schools. I am so glad he was who he was. He was a great ambassador for the academy, air force, and military. Here's to you my brother:

Bastille_day_flyover.jpg

27fb3675e6bf8bbd155cf063ad59994d.jpg

The tradition and significance of the Third Verse of the Air Force Song is well known to AFA Falcon fans; here it is:

"Here’s a toast to the host of those who love the vastness of the sky,

To a friend we send the message of his brother men who fly,

We drink to those who gave their all of old,

Then down we roar to score the rainbow’s pot of gold.

A toast to the host of men we boast,

The US Air Force."

To a great Falcon Fan, a gentleman and a veteran who served I raise my glass in a toast to the host!

Mike

Troy, I know you have a lot going on, but I was thinking if you wanted to set up a PayPal account or something like that, as I'd rather send you guys the money instead of flowers and I'm sure others would as well.

I'd rather you guys have the money to donate to his favorite charity or whatever...just a thought.

Troy and Terrie,

Heartfelt condolences. I know the pain you are going through.

I would guess that alot of our wives/girlfriends think us sportsnuts spend too much time bantering and bickering with faceless adversaries.

And they would be right.

However, the time spent 'talking' about something you love is never 'wasted' time.

And it seemed to me, that your husband/father truly enjoyed the repartee on this board.

I, for one, enjoyed reading his thoughts, it was NEVER wasted time for me.

I know his contributions as a husband, father and serviceman far out weigh any contribution he made here.

But, I would like to say 'Thank You' for letting coastie come out and play with the fellas.

Sincerely.

Troy- thanks for posting. There's nothing I can say that others haven't already said - with more intimacy and probably far more eloquently. Many SJSU fans are fairly new to the MWC Board, so the outpouring from them will probably be limited. However, I've lurked both here and in past iterations of the Board, occasionally posting when I felt compelled to do so, and I always seemed to enjoy your father's level-headed posts (with a healthy twist of passion, when appropriate - not to compare, but I'd like to think I'm similar in that regard).

Although it's a free-for-all here at times, despite that fact, I strongly believe that we should all aspire to treat each other with more respect along the way. You can be proud of the example your father set.

My sincere condolences to you and your family...

Troy, your Dad was among a handful of people I've "met" on the internet that I truly wanted to meet in person for a beer. He spoke of you a few times, and, from his posts, you could tell he is very proud of you and the rest of his family.

You could also tell that he was a great guy, and I am saddened by your loss. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

RIP Coastie.

Troy, your Dad was among a handful of people I've "met" on the internet that I truly wanted to meet in person for a beer. He spoke of you a few times, and, from his posts, you could tell he is very proud of you and the rest of his family.

You could also tell that he was a great guy, and I am saddened by your loss. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

RIP Coastie.

Troy, in my humble opinion, the fact that Ragtimejoe logged into this forum and posted this is probably the biggest testament to what kind of a person your father was on this board, and how large of an impact he had on everyone who frequented this place.

Joe you should stick around.

RIP Coastie, you added a lot of good banter to this board. You will certainly be missed. :(

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

It seemed that he was definitely not a fan of Boise State (not many posters around here are), but NOBODY messed with Coastie. He seemed to be well respected and it was deserved. Although we didn't know him personally, you could definitely tell he was a proud man. I honestly believe that the Coast Guard is the most underrated and and under appreciated branches of the military. They protect our borders and keep our sailors and seamen safe. Much respect to any man that has been included in the Coast Guard.

Man this is so sad, he was one of the few posters without an agenda.

Obviously I didn't know him personally, but dang this seems so sudden.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

Troy, I know you have a lot going on, but I was thinking if you wanted to set up a PayPal account or something like that, as I'd rather send you guys the money instead of flowers and I'm sure others would as well.

I'd rather you guys have the money to donate to his favorite charity or whatever...just a thought.

Great idea...

Troy, your father was a great man...and most of us unfortunately only knew him here in this "anonymous" message board! What a testament! He will be greatly missed. I can't count the times he put a smile on my face with his postings. All of my best to you and your family.

I am truly saddened. Weird how you don't technically know anybody on these boards.....but, I expect Coastie was exactly how he posted. And in that case he would have been a great friend (and in a way, felt he was anyway---Iam said it best, a true testament to his character).

Prayers and condolences to you (Troy) and your family. Coastie, I'll miss you, rest well.

Nothing to really say here.....except GO MWC!!

Troy & Terrie,

I am shell-shocked and immensely saddened by this tragic news.

It is extremely rare for an individual to earn the unwavering respect and adminration of an entire community of Anonymous Posters; nevertheless Tim "Coastie" achieved this feat.

Coastie exemplified a first class demeanor, and his sense of honor and respect was second to none. He always conducted himself in a dignified manner, and was a First Class Fan of the United States Air Force Academy.

However, I believe most of all that Coastie brought a very Human Voice of reason here, that superceded the nature of this anynonmous of this board.

His presence throughout this community was profoundly felt and will be missed. Yet, I know his legacy and the kind nature he brought to this board will be perpetual and rub off on us and make us all a bit more kind and respectful to one another on and off the board.

Troy and Terrie- Best of Luck to You and Your Family going forward, You should be proud to have such a decent man as Tim "Coastie" in your life, and Im certain that he is at peace knowing that he is so proud and lucky to have spent his short time on Earth, so sucsessfully, and raised and lived with such wonderful people, all the meanwhile making such an positive indelible impact on countless people's lives.

Tim "Coastie"- See You on the other side Brother,

Sergio

Very sad. I pray that Troy, his mother, and his sister find comfort in the fond remembrances of Coastie. I hope his legacy to this board is a kinder, gentler board.

- UNLV nor UNM would not join the BE even if our football program was 10 times better

- UNLV nor UNM will never scatter its sports in different conferences

- UNLV and UNM are West schools and this is where they will be associated with other regional rivals

- UNLV nor UNM will not join you in basketball or any other sport in the Big West

- UNLV nor UNM will not be a member of any olympic sports only western conference

- UNLV and UNM respects all members of this conference and wishes them well

- UNLV and UNM are focused on bigger goals and if the time comes to leave I hope our fans will say thank you to MWC and do this with class, something that you never had

On personal note:

- I don't care if SDSU is ever in the same conference with UNLV or UNM again

- I hope that SDSU departs and learns a lesson the hard way

- Your basketball program deserves few year in the BW to teach you modesty

- Your fans calling MWC all sorts of names don't deserve a second chance.

- You burned your bridges behind, I wish you would be gone after this season.

- I hope that the BE f#@^s you over so good that you will understand how a REAL butthurt feels