Coastie

Sad news. This is coastie's son posting.

Very sad to hear, my deepest condolences and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time...Me ke Aloha pumehana e malama pono.

Blessings from Hawaii.

Braddah Iz's voice will help soothe any soul. RIP Coastie.............Aloha No.

rp_primary_UH_Lower_Campus.jpg

University of Hawai'i Athletics

Troy, that really is sad news. Coastie was a favorite poster on this board. He had a great sense of humor and was always cordial and polite, which is a trait that's hard to find on message boards. Especially since we were fans of different teams. But he was a class act...and still is. He's not gone you know, he's just moved on to a better place. May the good Lord comfort and bless you and your Mother. <><

*Coastie's been promoted from helicopter propellers to angel's wings. B)

This is the finest thread I've ever read on this board.

There is nothing I can say to the family other than I am truly sorry for your loss. Anything more profound escapes my ability to eloquate, and my capablility to relate to, the pain that must come from such a deep sense of loss. But as this thread illustrates, many feel the loss of being deprived of such an honest, passionate, and decent soul. We can only hope that our inadequete words of condolensce help to ease the pain of the past few days and the trying times ahead.

This community is greatly depleted by Coastie's passing. We all frequent this place because there is a passion inherent in all that unites us in a common interest, even as we are divided by things such as location, history, and pride. There, it seems, is nothing that can't be argued because our difference in perspective allows for our passion to always find the seams in which things can come apart. This division is what draws all of us in some way to this place. Through argument we find release. Through dialouge we find understanding. And through understanding we find that for all our differences the glorious, painful passion that unites us is that much more worthwhile.

I love my school. As you all love yours. Our participation in this place helps to connect us to an emotion that I think is as basic as it gets for those like us. I can't help to love this passion much as any man can any other one. I don't think I am alone in this. And it enhances my pleasure to frequent this place, because I see that passion here. I see it in the highly respective posters to the lowest, scummiest, most worthless of the trolls. This board enhances my enjoyment of being a fan.

It is a terrible thing for this community to lose Coastie.

I hated looking at his most recent posts and seeing that some of his final posts came in a thread denouncing how far this board has fallen. Because as was exemplified by Coastie, this place hadn't fallen anywhere. Anything I ever read from the man was as far from the purpose of that thread as could be.

His virtues have been extolled previously in this thread by more knowledgeable and credible men than me. I just hope that all those men, those fans, attempt to emulate Coastie in their future musings on this site.

We have a community of like-hearted, if not like-minded, people here. And it is a community! No matter how much the previous or coming changes will affect it, we are all a part of it. I hope that in the future we can all post a little more reasonably and a little less reactionary, more witfully humorous and less bitingly spiteful.

This place will miss Coastie very much. Hopefully we can learn to interract with each other as he did with us. With passion, with decency, and with respect.

R.I.P. Coastie

You are a man I am sad to have never have had a chance to toast with.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Wow... I'm so sorry for your family's loss. He and I didn't agree on everything, but he always seemed to approach disagreements with respect and class; a number of us here (myself included) would do well to follow his example. Your dad was certainly liked and respected by a great number of people around here, and I know that his contributions and voice of reason will be sorely missed.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, and I wish you all the best in what has to be an incredibly trying time for you all.

Troy...as I posted on the AF board, your Dad will be missed. And for 'Mrs Coastie', be proud of the man we knew and for your son who we can tell shares Coasties' love and spirit for others. God Bless.

..GO FALCONS..

Sad news indeed. It is obvious Coastie was universally respected across the board and I suspect the same by those who knew him as a person--not just a poster on a message board.

Condolences to the family and friends and respect to Coastie.

Coastie was a great blend of wit, intelligence and charm with a dash of self depreciation.

He enjoyed tangling with the trolls as much as anyone, but it was obviously never personal, just good banter.

The board is greatly diminished with his passing, and for him to have had such a significant impact on a community this diverse, with as many characters as we have running around here, I can only imagine how saddened his family and "real life" friends are.

Nothing but respect for Coastie, and now Little Coastie and family.

Rest in peace my friend.

Man I can't believe it. Coastie was one of my favorite posters, one of the more well known on this forum. He and I joined this board on the same day back in March 14,2005. The 1st day this board went up. My thoughts and prayers to you and your family Troy.

I'm sad to hear of his passing. RIP Coastie :(

roflbot.jpg