Coastie

Sad news. This is coastie's son posting.

Man this really sucks. I was hoping it was some kind of joke when I first opened the thread but unfortunately it's not.

My condolences go out to the whole Coastie family. Tim was everyone's favorite AFA poster and one of the legends of this board. RIP

So very sorry to hear this terrible news. Every time I read Coastie's posts, I felt like he was a closet Poke fan. Now I think he should be an honorary one. RIP Coastie. You'll be missed.

I spent the first 25 years of my life trying to leave Wyoming and I'll spend the rest of my life trying to get back...

oxbow_fall_2010-1.jpg

I turned 35 Saturday and I am fortunate to still have both of my parent still alive and healthy. I just broke my heart to know how hard it had to be for Troy to post that his Father died. Like they say tomorrow is not a given and we need to tell all our loved ones that we love them more often. So I'll call my parents tomorrow just to tell them how much I truly love them. It looks like Coastie raised a damn good man in Troy. All of us on the MWC board will have your family in our prayers tonight.. R.I.P Coastie!

Nice post. It made a impact on me, and caused me to set my alarm for tommorow to call my parents and tell them I lov them

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

I will remember Coastie's posts appropriately having an even keel to them, regardless of whether he was pro or con on a particular subject. A gentleman's way of maintaining order and keeping the peace. He'll be missed and may he RIP.

Hello everyone. I am coastie's son Troy. I am sorry to tell you that my Dad Tim passed away yesterday from a heart attack. I wanted to post here because I knew he was on here for years and knew and talked with alot of you and I knew he'd want me to tell all of you. If you'd like to send any condolences to my Mom Terrie her email is chandler2220@aol.com or you can email me at chandlertroy@gmail.com and I can pass them along. I want to say thanks in advance in case I'm unable to later. I'll also come back and check this thread.

The memorial service will be this sunday the 10th at 11:00 am at The Coos Bay Chapel in Coos Bay, Oregon. The website is http://www.coosbayfh.com/ which has the address if anyone wants to send flowers or anything.

Again, I'm sorry to tell all of you like this but it's the only way I knew how. My Dad really enjoyed this forum. I remember him just recently showing me a thread where someone was picking movie characters for forum members and he picked Buzz Lightyear for my Dad. He got a big kick out of that.

Thank you.

Troy,

I am very saddened by this news. I hope that you and your family are doing well during this time, losing a loved one is always tough...losing a husband, father, etc is even tougher. With that said, and your father being the Coastie that I think he was, I am certain that he appreciates you sharing the news and the class manner in which you have presented it here.

I understand that you're grieving at this time; however, I know I'd like to know more about your dad and his military service. He and I shared a few messages with each other about our service in the USCG...you could say that we had some common ground. From what he shared with me, I am certain that your father was a good man and an equally good sailor that knew when to curse and how to do it with flare! I imagine in person he had a mastery of the art of sarcasm and off beat humor, delighting in things most others just didn't get...he was a sailor. I spent 8.5 years on active duty and know that I served with some of the best men I'll ever know; men that would not hesitate to risk it all for a stranger. Be proud, your father was a rare breed that understood what it meant when he was taught "...you have to go out, you don't have to come back."

In closing, I wish your father fair winds and following seas in his passing and this bit below...

Crossing the Bar by Alfred Lord Tennyson

Sunset and evening star,

And one clear call for me!

And may there be no moaning of the bar,

When I put out to sea,

But such a tide as moving seems asleep,

Too full for sound and foam,

When that which drew from out the boundless deep

Turns again home.

Twilight and evening bell,

And after that the dark!

And may there be no sadness of farewell,

When I embark;

For tho' from out our bourne of Time and Place

The flood may bear me far,

I hope to see my Pilot face to face

When I have crost the bar.

Coastie, this one is for you: Fvcking aye, ditty bag! Bravo Zulu. Carry on.

Crisp Salute,

Dogs4Me

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

Hello everyone. I am coastie's son Troy. I am sorry to tell you that my Dad Tim passed away yesterday from a heart attack. I wanted to post here because I knew he was on here for years and knew and talked with alot of you and I knew he'd want me to tell all of you. If you'd like to send any condolences to my Mom Terrie her email is chandler2220@aol.com or you can email me at chandlertroy@gmail.com and I can pass them along. I want to say thanks in advance in case I'm unable to later. I'll also come back and check this thread.

The memorial service will be this sunday the 10th at 11:00 am at The Coos Bay Chapel in Coos Bay, Oregon. The website is http://www.coosbayfh.com/ which has the address if anyone wants to send flowers or anything.

Again, I'm sorry to tell all of you like this but it's the only way I knew how. My Dad really enjoyed this forum. I remember him just recently showing me a thread where someone was picking movie characters for forum members and he picked Buzz Lightyear for my Dad. He got a big kick out of that.

Thank you.

Man that's terrible, we may not have always agreed but I respected the man. All my best to his family.

My condolences to you and your family. My prayers for peace, acceptance, and comfort too. It is clear how much Coastie will be missed here. So, it is not hard to understand just how difficult this time is for your family. R.I.P. Coastie!

Troy, my father was in the Coast Guard for 26 years. As you know, it's a relatively small service and "coasties" are like family. I always enjoyed coming to this board and seeing your father's avatar and reading his balanced and insightful posts and knowing that they came from a man who, like my dad, devoted a significant part of his life to protecting others and bringing them home safely to their families. It's a wonderful legacy and something I know you and your sister and mother are rightfully proud of. May you all be blessed with comfort and peace and the knowledge that this storm will pass and afterwards he will still be a guardian in the sky looking after you.

In my short time here, it was clear that he was one of the smartest, most passionate posters on this board.

RIP Coastie

I honestly don't know how to approach this- Coastie was the man who engaged without insult, the man who observed without judgement. He shot from the hip, but always winced, he took the blows, and never flinched.

So long, Space Cowboy...

cowboy-memorial-urns1.jpg

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

I'm so sorry for you & your mother's loss Troy. I only got a glimpse of the man your father was through his posts on this board. He was quick-witted, fun, tenacious, and simply enjoyable. His posts had brightened my days over the years. I wish I could have known the man better. You will all be in my thought & prayers. God bless you Coastie, you will be missed.

2005, 2009, 2010 & 2011 MWC Football Champions

I am deeply saddened by hearing this news, Coastie was one of the posters I immediately took a liking to when I first started posting here about 2 years ago. He was amazingly funny and you could pick up his sarcasm through every post which usually had me laughing quite hard at work. When I saw this I didn't want to open it but I knew I had to. I am so sorry for your loss and just based on the posts you have made in this thread your dad would be very proud of the man he raised. My condolences to you and your family, your dad will be greatly missed by this board.

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

RIP Coastie. You were a great poster, but from the sounds of it, an even better father and husband. You have our eternal respect and gratitude for posting on here. You will be badly missed. You were one of the few posters I always looked forward to reading to see what you said.

Cheers to you Coastie, for being a great member of this community. Cheers to you Coastie for always having a witty remark. Cheers to you Coastie for always being respectful of others. Cheers to you Coastie for being you. Cheers to you Coastie, you made this forum bearable during times like these. Cheers Coastie, for everything.

Coastie was one of the best contributors to this board and he will be sorely missed.

"UNLV is just really a four year junior college with a nice stadium for the basketball team" -Adam Carolla

trailer-park-taj-mahal.jpg

Damn. I am sorry to hear of your dad's passing. He was always a guy who I actually read every word he wrote because he was so rational, even-keeled, well thought out, and factually supported. I will surely miss him and his posts here. In a lot of respects it won't be the same anymore. I send my best to you and your family during this rough period.