Coastie

Sad news. This is coastie's son posting.

Troy, it was thoughtful of you to let us know what happened. I think it's obvious how well thought of your dad was on this forum. To many people here, Tim was a friend we never met.

May God bless your family in this time of sorrow.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

Mike/afacademydad, thank you so much. I'm having issues with posting on scout.com, it just says "NT" when I try to post there and don't know why.

I gotta say, all the love and support coming from you guys mean so much. My mom bookmarked this thread so she can come and see how you guys felt about my dad so please keep it coming. I'm trying to hang in there for the sake of my mom and sister and I'm not always successful right now but being called lil coastie got a good laugh out of me so thank you smarog69.

5810035788_0136d8168b_b.jpg

I may have been a newbie to the board, but I did notice Coastie and he seemed to be such a class guy. My sincere condolences and fondest Aloha to him and his family in this time of need. May God bless you all and comfort you moving forward. A Hui Hou (Till we meet again) Coastie (I'm sure heaven has a message board).........safe travels brother. Another angel gets his wings. Aloha. :(

rp_primary_UH_Lower_Campus.jpg

University of Hawai'i Athletics

One of my favorites on this forum. He had a great sense of humor and always represented himself with class.

So sorry to hear this. God bless your family in this difficult time.

Mike/afacademydad, thank you so much. I'm having issues with posting on scout.com, it just says "NT" when I try to post there and don't know why.

I gotta say, all the love and support coming from you guys mean so much. My mom bookmarked this thread so she can come and see how you guys felt about my dad so please keep it coming. I'm trying to hang in there for the sake of my mom and sister and I'm not always successful right now but being called lil coastie got a good laugh out of me so thank you smarog69.

Your father was one of the best posters on this forum, no doubt about that. And I'm sure I speak for all of us here when I say that this was a hammer blow to the community here. We will miss him. I wish you and your family well for the times ahead.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UwdafOAa6YE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I didn't know Coastie for long, but he will be missed. I enjoyed reading his posts and always seemed to keep a level head. Safe journeys to you sir and we'll see you on the flip side! Semper Paratus!

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Coastie was one of my favorite posters. I believe that who you really are comes out in these forums and he was a good, intelligent, reasonable man. So sad for you loss.

My condolences to you and your family. Your father was one of the best posters on here, a dedicated fan and insightful and humorous voice. He never took that much credit, but was often a progenitor of some of this board finest moments. He will be missed.

Godspeed, and good luck to you and your family. Its tough to lose your dad, and it will only be tougher for a while.

edit: And the next time I enjoy a neat Scotch, I'll be sure to think of him and his very colorful descriptions of it.

Sad news. Like others have mentioned Coastie was indeed a man of reason and a good poster. One that many could aspire to be. He obviously left his mark. My condolences to his family and friends.