Warbow

BIG East TV money breakdown

Are you arguing my side now? They'd lose all of those credits if they tried to split...

Let me break it down for you. The 12 all sports schools needs the 8 non-footbal playing schools more then it needs Boise St and San Diego St. Expect the 70% football only shares to become 30% before it's all said and done.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Let me break it down for you. The 12 all sports schools needs the 8 non-footbal playing schools more then it needs Boise St and San Diego St. Expect the 70% football only shares to become 30% before it's all said and done.

No they don't. You are talking completely out of your +++.

What's wrong with a University of Hawaii education?

I was talking about the Hawaii educational system. Warbow didn't graduate from U of Hawaii.

i find it difficult to believe geotwn will get 30% and sdsu will get 70%. the only reference to that split that i've seen is a reduced exit penalty if the FB schools don't get that split. that's hardly a guarantee. i'm guessing the split has yet to be determined.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

What the migrants are failing to see is the fact that they have NO say in BE affairs until July 1, 2013. The current BE membership can do whatever they feel is best for their members...including voting out whoever they want or make up new provisions that would set the TV split however they see fit....

i find it difficult to believe geotwn will get 30% and sdsu will get 70%. the only reference to that split that i've seen is a reduced exit penalty if the FB schools don't get that split. that's hardly a guarantee. i'm guessing the split has yet to be determined.

They get roughly 30% now. You basketball honks just don't get it. Football is more valuable than basketball for EVERY conference.

Everyone does understand that this was a troll bait thread, right? That you're wasting your time trying to appeal to those who share the angry Islander's opinions, right?

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

What the migrants are failing to see is the fact that they have NO say in BE affairs until July 1, 2013. The current BE membership can do whatever they feel is best for their members...including voting out whoever they want or make up new provisions that would set the TV split however they see fit....

What the left behinds are failing to see is that the football playing basketball members WANT BSU and SDSU and will vote accordingly...

Fair enough. But you don't know if he went to a public of private secondary school. There's a big difference.

Yeah, I know, I was referring to the public schools, my step son, a bright kid, went to public school there and it was pathetic.

They get roughly 30% now. You basketball honks just don't get it. Football is more valuable than basketball for EVERY conference.

do you actually believe BE FB has more value than BE BB? is so, that puts you in very limited company.

the value BE FB once had, is gone.

Barack Obama

What the left behinds are failing to see is that the football playing basketball members WANT BSU and SDSU and will vote accordingly...

yeah, they wouldn't dare to run afoul of sdsu or bsu. those guys are the rainmakers. :lol:

Barack Obama

I'm not a media expert and do not claim to know what 'will' happen like our friend K5, but you're correct. The 70% threshold is a goal...if not met it triggers an option to buy out at a reduced price. If we all 'knew' the 70% minimum was a certainty, the clause would be entirely superfluous. It's there for a reason...and that reason is obvious and seems more important today than yesterday.

do you actually believe BE FB has more value than BE BB? is so, that puts you in very limited company.

the value BE FB once had, is gone.

Yes. It does, just like MWC football has more value than MWC basketball even after all it has lost.

Football is king.

Not that I'm surprised, but you don't get it Warbow. If the 8 schools leave, their tourney credits stay with the Big East. They can't use them as bargaining power.

Their percentage of the Tourney credits are considered peanuts as compared to their share of the TV deal. I'm sure they can all leave and form a new basketball conference and still pull in more money then what they left behind with the 30% and tourney credits. Not to mention they can start earning their own tourney credits in their new league.

So what they'll say is either lose what we bring in for basketball or lose what you think Boise and San Diego will bring in for football or give us an equal share as Boise and San Diego St and make everyone happy.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.