Warbow

Semifinals games for association?

Does that mean 4 divisions?

If it does, does that mean a 15 or 16 game schedule for members.

Hawaii can schedule 13 games.

13 games

1 semifinal game

1 conference championship

1 bowl game

Is it possible that Hawaii gets to play a 16 game schedule?

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Does that mean 4 divisions?

If it does, does that mean a 15 or 16 game schedule for members.

Hawaii can schedule 13 games.

13 games

1 semifinal game

1 conference championship

1 bowl game

Is it possible that Hawaii gets to play a 16 game schedule?

I think the new conference is banking on the playoff as a real draw for the networks.

Four divisions of 6,7,8,9; whatever. They will end up with a four team playoff

A non BCS playoff.

The downside risk IMO is that this draws a sharper distinction between the the BCS and non BCS.

Don't really know if there was anything else CUSA and MWC could do.

Seems awfull lot like FCS to me ;)

Yeah.....but that's exactly what fans have been wanting for years.

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

Or it could be as simple as the top 4 from each half getting into the conference finals. With seeding based on something like BCS ranking. Isn't this a mirror of how the national level is gonna roll? I like the idea of playing semifinals and finals for such a large group. It takes the bullcrap outta scenarios like A beat B, but C beat Z and it was raining last Tuesday...settle the champion on the field from the best 4 earning it. Good plan. Plus it adds to better TV appeal. Who doesn't like CCGs and and semi CCGS? Just two heavy months ago we blew the socks off the TV ratings with CCG action and the same can happen for New League in its CCG; the top two are bound to be ranked after clawing their way through the regular season and the semifinals.

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

I am sorry but fans nationally don't care about a Marshall vs tulsa semifinal matchup.

I think they care about a CSU/Southern Miss semi-final game more than a Rutgers/SDSU regular season game. Casual fans like to actually watch games that mean/count for something. I have to believe a semi-final game will draw a better rating than half the bowl games these days.

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

I think they care about a CSU/Southern Miss semi-final game more than a Rutgers/SDSU regular season game. Casual fans like to actually watch games that mean/count for something. I have to believe a semi-final game will draw a better rating than half the bowl games these days.

It's going to depend when they take place. If the semis happen during rivalry week or conf championship games, they might struggle to find raitings. If the semis and or finals happen during army/navy/heisman week, they might be a bonzana

i_love_suds_mug-p168021735772838352enw9p

And that will require a waiver, as will having semis. So, at the mercy of the other conferences that the MWC has never played nice with.

Yeah, I thought it was against NCAA rules to have more than one post season game? (not including bowls)

Yeah, I thought it was against NCAA rules to have more than one post season game? (not including bowls)

Just like Boise cant join the WAC because its against an NCAA rule. Who was it who kept telling us that.

The Masters 5k road race All American.