Warbow

Karl Benson has no cojones

You make it seem so harmless.

So what other choices did that recruit have if his coach didn't arrange his lodging, meals and transportation?

1. Pay 60 dollars a night for 90 days to stay at a sleazy Boise truck stop location. Total: $2,700

2. Pay 10 dollars a meal for three meals a day X 90 days. Total: $2,700

3. Rent a cheap vehicle to get him to and from practice: $100 a week of 12 weeks. Total: $1,200

Let see, your coaches saved that in-coming recruit approx $6,000 in out of pocket expenses just to participate in your off season work program. Now X that amount by approx 62 recruits = $372,000.

Like most of the other school recruits, in-coming recruits wouldn't be able to afford that, thus skipping the on-location summer work-outs and would have worked out on their own.

Thus giving approx 60+ recruits approx 3 months of practice time with their team that other schools wouldn't have the luxury of doing because they played by the rules. Minor as you think this is, it's still an unfair advantage as these recruits can come into camp with the full knowledge of the offense and defense thus giving Boise St a head start in their game planning. It's a wonder why Boise schedules their toughtest game of the season for their first game.

That's all I have to say about that!

If we ignore for a moment the obviously inflated valuations you present, we can see another shortcoming of your present argument:

There was nothing wrong with the new players rooming with returning players. There was nothing wrong with returning players picking up new players from the airport. There was nothing wrong with new players riding to and from voluntary, student-led practices with returning players.

The problems were:

• The coaches told the new players which returning player(s) to call to arrange housing
  • The new players didn't originally reimburse the returning players for their lodging/meals/transportation (the value of which you have grossly exaggerated)

There would not have been any violations had the new players:

• called the returning players directly, without the involvement of the coaches, and
  • paid immediately for bunking on some dude's couch and for some rides

Your repeated calls for vacating wins and conference championships is ridiculous, childish, petty, and reflects poorly on your school and its fan base.

If we ignore for a moment the obviously inflated valuations you present, we can see another shortcoming of your present argument: There was nothing wrong with the new players rooming with returning players. There was nothing wrong with returning players picking up new players from the airport. There was nothing wrong with new players riding to and from voluntary, student-led practices with returning players. The problems were:
  • The coaches told the new players which returning player(s) to call to arrange housing
  • The new players didn't originally reimburse the returning players for their lodging/meals/transportation (the value of which you have grossly exaggerated)
There would not have been any violations had the new players:
  • called the returning players directly, without the involvement of the coaches, and
  • paid immediately for bunking on some dude's couch and for some rides

Your repeated calls for vacating wins and conference championships is ridiculous, childish, petty, and reflects poorly on your school and its fan base.

A couple questions for you?

If your coaches did not arrange these accommodations for it's in-coming recruits, would those recruits have taken the time and energy to arrange this on his own and spend his own money for these accommodations to participate in the summer work-out program? Be honest, would Boise St have 100% participation of it's in-coming recruits for its summer work-out program?

IMHO, if a school broke the rules to gain a competitive advantage over its opponents, all wins over that opponent during that period should be vacated no matter how small the violation may seem.

Also, please don't confuse me as a representative of all Hawaii fans or the University of Hawaii. I am an individual fan with individual viewpoints and opinions. If you can't see that and think all Hawaii fans are all the same, then maybe you should take some type of stereotyping class.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

A couple questions for you?

If your coaches did not arrange these accommodations for it's in-coming recruits, would those recruits have taken the time and energy to arrange this on his own and spend his own money for these accommodations to participate in the summer work-out program? Be honest, would Boise St have 100% participation of it's in-coming recruits for its summer work-out program?

IMHO, if a school broke the rules to gain a competitive advantage over its opponents, all wins over that opponent during that period should be vacated no matter how small the violation may seem.

Also, please don't confuse me as a representative of all Hawaii fans or the University of Hawaii. I am an individual fan with individual viewpoints and opinions. If you can't see that and think all Hawaii fans are all the same, then maybe you should take some type of stereotyping class.

I'm pretty sure Bronco Mendenhall and his staff had nothing to do with the violations at Boise State.

To your larger point, there is no evidence that there was 100% participation even with the coaches' assistance. The report only states that "many" of the new players participated in the voluntary, student-led practices. Additionally, this is an increasing trend all around the nation - kids are enrolling early, or they're coming to campus early specifically to participate in the off-season conditioning programs and the 7-on-7's with their new teammates. There probably would have been fewer new players participating if not for the coach involvement, but there's no way to quantify how many fewer would have come.

By the way, my earlier statement is not an example of stereotyping (as you asserted in your post assuming I'm a BSU fan), but a commentary on how your individual actions and statements reflect on the institution you claim to support. I would be stereotyping if I said, "Since you're a Hawaii fan, I know you're ridiculous, childish, and petty." But I wouldn't say that, because I know there's at least one Hawaii fan out there that is not ridiculous, childish, and petty - even if I haven't met him or her yet.

I'm pretty sure Bronco Mendenhall and his staff had nothing to do with the violations at Boise State. To your larger point, there is no evidence that there was 100% participation even with the coaches' assistance. The report only states that "many" of the new players participated in the voluntary, student-led practices. Additionally, this is an increasing trend all around the nation - kids are enrolling early, or they're coming to campus early specifically to participate in the off-season conditioning programs and the 7-on-7's with their new teammates. There probably would have been fewer new players participating if not for the coach involvement, but there's no way to quantify how many fewer would have come. By the way, my earlier statement is not an example of stereotyping (as you asserted in your post assuming I'm a BSU fan), but a commentary on how your individual actions and statements reflect on the institution you claim to support. I would be stereotyping if I said, "Since you're a Hawaii fan, I know you're ridiculous, childish, and petty." But I wouldn't say that, because I know there's at least one Hawaii fan out there that is not ridiculous, childish, and petty - even if I haven't met him or her yet.

I'm not debating the fact that these recruits can participate in summer work-outs, everyone knows they can and do.

The question still stands. Would that recruit have participated in those workouts if the coach didn't arrange accommodations? Many of Hawaii's in-coming recruits didn't get that privilege of his future position coach working-out details at a cost decrease for accommodations, thus not being able to participate.

Get real, no way does my individual opinion(s) reflex anything negative on other Hawaii fans or the institution I support. It's just that, an "individual" opinion. It reflexes on me and me only.

Do you even know the meaning of the word fan? A. Short for fanatic: A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.

Well that's me, just a plain old fan.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Ya, +++++ Larry Scott and the broom he rode in on.

Way to ruin college football, +++++. 16 team conferences are the stupidest thing ever.

I don't disagree with you. However, I and most Aztecs think that if we get screwed, the blame should go to our administration for how abysmally it mismanaged the football program for a decade. President Weber deserves an A for academics but a D- for football at a critical time. There's absolutely no reason we couldn't have accomplished as much as Utah and TCU and had we done so . . .

Well, I'll stop now before I get furious.

Boom goes the dynamite.

I'm not debating the fact that these recruits can participate in summer work-outs, everyone knows they can and do.

The question still stands. Would that recruit have participated in those workouts if the coach didn't arrange accommodations? Many of Hawaii's in-coming recruits didn't get that privilege of his future position coach working-out details at a cost decrease for accommodations, thus not being able to participate.

Get real, no way does my individual opinion(s) reflex anything negative on other Hawaii fans or the institution I support. It's just that, an "individual" opinion. It reflexes on me and me only.

Do you even know the meaning of the word fan? A. Short for fanatic: A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.

I answered your question. There probably would have been fewer participating, but there's no way to quantify how many fewer would have participated. From the official report, it sounds like there's still a lot of wiggle room to be able to get kids to campus for the summer workouts.

As for being a fan, there are plenty of fans out there who reflect poorly on their respective schools, many without even having attended the school. The definition of "fan" does not preclude fans from making their respective schools look bad. Case in point:

http://westvirginia.scout.com/2/1105858.html

That's just one definition of "fan". Another one is something that blows. The really good ones do the moving while they blow so you can just sit there and enjoy the experience. Here's to big fans like warbow!!!

D0538921-0-large.jpg

5810035788_0136d8168b_b.jpg

I answered your question. There probably would have been fewer participating, but there's no way to quantify how many fewer would have participated. From the official report, it sounds like there's still a lot of wiggle room to be able to get kids to campus for the summer workouts. As for being a fan, there are plenty of fans out there who reflect poorly on their respective schools, many without even having attended the school. The definition of "fan" does not preclude fans from making their respective schools look bad. Case in point: http://westvirginia.scout.com/2/1105858.html

Fans don't make their schools look bad, schools make their schools look bad. i.e. Boise St's players arrest records.

Most people are smart enough to see thought all of that of that fan nonsense and see the fan as just an individual who is making himself look bad.

That's just one definition of "fan". Another one is something that blows. The really good ones do the moving while they blow so you can just sit there and enjoy the experience. Here's to big fans like warbow!!! D0538921-0-large.jpg

I thought you Coast Guard guys had that, don't ask, don't tell policy?

You are begining to sound like a Wyoming fan now.

At least a wyoming fan is part of the Mountain West. What's your excuse?

Leave it to an Air Force guy to chime in as soon as he reads the don't ask, don't tell comment.

Leave it to an Air Force guy to chime in as soon as he reads the don't ask, don't tell comment.

Look smegma. 1st: The Don't Ask - Don't Tell policy no longer exists. 2nd: There is no "State" called Air Force. I happen to be from Wyoming. Thus, I was replying to your Wyoming remark.

And who are you to be talking about Don't Ask - Don't Tell? Your school use to be the "Rainbows". Talk about a "double entendre".

27fb3675e6bf8bbd155cf063ad59994d.jpg

Perhaps if Boise State had some of its employees rent cars for their players the way Oregon did for its players, they would not have needed a couch or dorm floor to sleep on.

http://auburnfootballfanforum.yuku.com/topic/20377

Or maybe just gave them money like Auburn did: http://www.oregonlive.com/collegefootball/index.ssf/2011/03/four_ex-auburn_tigers_football.html

And Hawaii, Warbow. I guess you conveniently forgot to own up that the 2002 mens volleyball team was caught for infractions and the Rainbows were forced to vacate their title: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/02/sports/ncaa-penalties-erase-the-wins-but-not-the-memories.html

"A donkey always says thank you with a kick." --– Kenyan Proverb

Well, Well, well. Looks like Warbows Warriors were also caught cheating a few years back. Now if only Benson had shown some cojones, huh, Warbow? Or is it hypocritebow?

http://the.honolulua...6/sp/sp02a.html

Saturday, September 6, 2003

NCAA Penalty strips UH of volleyball title

By Stephen Tsai

Advertiser Staff Writer

The NCAA yesterday stripped the University of Hawai'i men's volleyball team of its 2002 national championship because it used a player with professional experience, school officials announced.

"This is a sad day," UH men's volleyball coach Mike Wilton said.

UH and NCAA officials refused to publicly name the player, but Costas Theocharidis, a four-time All-America outside hitter who finished his UH career in April, told The Advertiser last month he was the target of the NCAA investigation. Theocharidis did not return messages left on his cellular telephone yesterday.

The NCAA ruled that Theocharidis, who was raised in Greece, played in 22 matches for a professional team in Europe before enrolling at UH in August 1999. Although UH officials said the accused player did not receive a salary or sign a contract, a player forfeits his amateur status by being a member of a professional team, according to NCAA rules.

The NCAA ruled that UH committed a "secondary violation" of NCAA rules by playing Theocharidis. The Warriors were ordered to relinquish their 2002 national championship — the school's first NCAA title by a men's team — and pay a $5,000 fine.

I mean, really Warbow, the Warriors cheating and carrying on like that and you all pious and full of crap. Shame on you.

"A donkey always says thank you with a kick." --– Kenyan Proverb