Warbow

Hawaii travel subs

They don't get a benefit? How about having a home slate that includes SDSU/AFA/BSU/Nevada/CSUF/etc...instead of Lamar/USU/NMSU/Idaho/etc...

Spare me the "partners" talk. Those days in this conference are long gone thanks to Utah/TCU/BYU...

I agree. I think that is a huge benefit. Hawaii has been averaging well over 30k people with the old WAC and frankly I think they will push over high 30s or maybe even 40k long-term with the MWC teams coming over here. I think if they had stayed in the WAC they would not even hit a 30k average for conference games (maybe they hit over 30k with good opponents like Colorado and BYU this year) but they would easily clear 35k with MWC conference home games, if not more. Plus, the AD can probably raise ticket prices a bit as well. Luxury packages and season tickets will definitely go up too. Donations won't drop off and will likely increase from boosters with better conference affiliation.

Umm, lets see what we got here.

La Tech, Utah St, New Mexico St and Idaho versus New Mexico, Wyoming, UNLV, Colorado St and San Diego St. Ya I'm sure the attendance will go up, ya right!

Long term the attendance will go down because Hawaii won't be able to field a competitive team on the field.

what if you're recruiting goes up now that you are in an AQ conference??? You guys are in a much better situation than in the WAC. You're basically an independent with a strong solid scheduling agreement, but you also get to play for a championship as well as a chance at a BCS game. That's more than BYU can say - granted they are making more money, but long term you will be fine.

Umm, lets see what we got here.

La Tech, Utah St, New Mexico St and Idaho versus New Mexico, Wyoming, UNLV, Colorado St and San Diego St. Ya I'm sure the attendance will go up, ya right!

Long term the attendance will go down because Hawaii won't be able to field a competitive team on the field.

First, those latter teams will draw better than the former except maybe New Mexico. SDSU will draw well. Second, you are cherry picking a few teams and ignoring numerous teams that have proven in the past to be good draws (Air Force, Boise, Fresno, Nevada) that would not be available under the new WAC. Air Force in particular is a great draw and will possibly sell out at 50k. Third, you are ignoring the reality that without those latter teams attendance would almost certainly shoot downwards regardless of the team's talent. No way Hawaii maintains their solid averages with staying pat. They would stand to lose hundreds of thousands of dollars just in gate receipts not and that might be too conservative an estimate. Fourth, sponsorship money and booster donations would drop long-term without the MWC.

If Hawaii does have competitive issues, I believe it will be more related to the higher competition and coaching versus finances. Nothing again McMackin personally, but I do think Hawaii has a very average coach right now and frankly their bowl game preparation and halftime adjustments over the last few years have been very mediocre at best.

They don't get a benefit? How about having a home slate that includes SDSU/AFA/BSU/Nevada/CSUF/etc...instead of Lamar/USU/NMSU/Idaho/etc...

Spare me the "partners" talk. Those days in this conference are long gone thanks to Utah/TCU/BYU...

Because you guys are above that and wouldn't take the money that those teams did, right? Spare me the righteous indignation. Hawaii is a fertile recruiting ground that you guys would have no access to without playing them. They're paying for pretty much everything and their AD is in trouble because of it. You have them bent over a barrel. They're damned if they do, damned if they don't.

The Pot calling the Kettle......... :wacko:

Ya think? The team next to my name doesn't mean I can't comment on what appears to be an unfair situation? If I go and change it to a New Mexico logo would it be different? Who I cheer for has nothing to do with this conversation, guy.

still butt hurt about going indie eh?

picard-durr.jpg

I mean, not as butthurt as you guys are about your uniform issue, the one you agreed to before you joined this place.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

You have the right to make any comments you like. The fact is we are always judged by the company we keep, our friends, our spouse, how are children act etc. Not that it is right or wrong just the way it is. As for my comment it was in jest, lighten up!

"Everyone wants a hero...And Derek Carr, he's going to be a hero at times."

- Pat Hill

sweet, so we'll ride you into the ground and then discontinue the scheduling partnership.

Couple jokes here:

Kinison: why don't they live where the food is

Black: If they want people to visit they should get off the island and push it closer

i_love_suds_mug-p168021735772838352enw9p

I thought Hawaii was going to be able to keep it's PPV?

There you go again, thinking.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

You have the right to make any comments you like. The fact is we are always judged by the company we keep, our friends, our spouse, how are children act etc. Not that it is right or wrong just the way it is. As for my comment it was in jest, lighten up!

I just think it's funny some of you try to hold me accountable for what BYU did last summer, as if I had something to do with it as a fan. I'm not sure I'd have done what BYU did.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

I just think it's funny some of you try to hold me accountable for what BYU did last summer, as if I had something to do with it as a fan. I'm not sure I'd have done what BYU did.

Jack, until your AD or president posts here, you are BYU as are the other zoob posters. It's just the way it works.

And Hawaii is better off with an invite that I think was premature at best.

i can't wait to divide that PPV money

Sorry it don't work that way. But we (Hawaii) may get a piece of your portion of the cash from the MWC TV contract.

:P

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Jack, until your AD or president posts here, you are BYU as are the other zoob posters. It's just the way it works.

And Hawaii is better off with an invite that I think was premature at best.

He's actually a closet Cowboy fan, so he's welcome here anytime. :)

Just go with it Jack.

We're happy to be here.

We're happy to pay.

If the numbers don't make sense for either side, I'm sure the higher ups will take it to the table to renegotiate and make it work.

Relax Warbow.

Go Warriors! Go Bows! Go Wahine! GO HAWAI'I!!

aloha-stadium.jpg

This is Mountain West Country

ALOHA!

Follow me on Twitter! @UHawkFan12