Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sactowndog

Rivalry names

Okay so we have lost the Holy War as a Rivalry in conference but we have gained a few others...

Any suggested names

UNLV - Reno the un-holy war

SDSU - Fresno Cal State Clash

Nevada vs. Nevada-Las Vegas- The Battle for Nevada.

"UNLV is just really a four year junior college with a nice stadium for the basketball team" -Adam Carolla

trailer-park-taj-mahal.jpg

Nevada vs. Nevada-Las Vegas- The Battle for Nevada.

The Battle for the Freemont Cannon

Cannon-2003-lg.jpg

I am not sure how deep the Hawaii verses UNLV rivary is (I would like to hear that history) but some Hawaii fans really think that this is a rivary their school should keep...if so it deserves a name.

Would love to add a trophy for our games with Hawaii, maybe the California Hotel could get behind it, like the Golden Pineapple Trophy.

I have two personal favorite rivalry trophies

The Floyd of Rosedale which is given to the winner of the Iowa and Minnesotta

floyd_large.jpg

and the Telephone Trophy which Missouri and Iowa St play for

telephone-trophy.jpg

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

Fresno Vs SDSU - Civil War or The Chancellor's Cup.

Boise State and Fresno State have a game throphy if that counts. Each year they battle for the milk can. Pretty Cool actually. Nevada-UNLV has a cooler throphi with the Fremont Cannon, but the milk can is cool.

Any other throphies?

battle for the ninth island.

I like that, has a good ring to it. If your ever in Vegas go check out a game with Liberty HS. It's basically all the kids from the islands. I think a former U of H player is coaching them but I don't know his name.

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

The Battle for the Freemont Cannon

fremont+cannon.jpg

Your picture of the Fremont Cannon is at least 6 years old. I took the liberty of updating it for you.

"UNLV is just really a four year junior college with a nice stadium for the basketball team" -Adam Carolla

Okay so we have lost the Holy War as a Rivalry in conference but we have gained a few others...

Any suggested names

UNLV - Reno the un-holy war

SDSU - Fresno Cal State Clash

Mabe we shoudl have the sactowndog suck the Terminator Kid Bowl? I get the just of this message.

UH vs. UNLV...Brawl in the Fall...Presented by UFC

Go Warriors! Go Bows! Go Wahine! GO HAWAI'I!!

aloha-stadium.jpg

This is Mountain West Country

ALOHA!

Follow me on Twitter! @UHawkFan12

Cal State Clash sounds good...don't know bout the Asstecs though. There's a reason why they chose to adopt their name as San Diego State University instead of California State University San Diego....Guess we could call it the "STILL A CAL STATE CUP/BOWL/BATTLE/GAME".

Fresno-State-logo.jpg

The SDSU is CSUF's Daddy Cup has a nice ring to it.

Too bad CSUSD won't even be able to keep that cup since they'll be losing it EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Enjoy the ounce of success you Asstecs think you have cause it's coming to a close this season. Good luck with Cal Poly..know you guys will need it since you've lost 2 straight games against them in 07 & 08.

Fresno-State-logo.jpg

Fresno State Vs San Diego State "Battle for the Tijuana whore" or "La batalla por la prostituta de Tijuana"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZ6xPTxtt0mcpkSnAsPtxQ4-KhBjzo0lEKqu6K4C_0sCCVER_u

I think that we found our winner for SDSU vs FSU.