Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UofNPackFan

No one talking about a new TV deal?

BYU back on Big Monday in the 10pm slot! Way to go!

Cougar fans will need meds after staying up past there bedtime to watch exciting Cougar WCAC games in High School gyms after midnight on Tuesday mornings!

Sounds great! Enjoy!

I love the spin about how this deal is going to be bad for BYU.

Remember how BYU football was going to be the weeknight staple according to posters here? Hawaii game just got picked up by ESPN2 for Saturday, Dec. 3rd at 2:30 Hawaii time (primetime for us mainlanders).

That makes 4 ESPN games, 3 ESPN 2 games, 4 on Saturday and 3 on Friday (two of those basically on BYU's request because of big LDS events those Saturdays). All of them kicking off between 4:45 and 9:15 Eastern.

Remember how BYU football was going to be the weeknight staple according to posters here? Hawaii game just got picked up by ESPN2 for Saturday, Dec. 3rd at 2:30 Hawaii time (primetime for us mainlanders).

That makes 4 ESPN games, 3 ESPN 2 games, 4 on Saturday and 3 on Friday (two of those basically on BYU's request because of big LDS events those Saturdays). All of them kicking off between 4:45 and 9:15 Eastern.

You're doing a bit of spinning yourself. Only 4 of those games are covered by the BYU/ESPN deal - 3 on Friday (UCF, USU, TCU)and one on Saturday (Utah). The other 3 are road games (UT, Ole Miss, Hawaii) not subject to the agreement.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

I will take games in big time arenas with UNLV, SDSU, Fresno, New Mexico, Nevada and Boise on Versus, CBS College Sports and theMtn. any day over what BYU and the WCAC have.

Games on Mormon TV, ESPNU at strange start times against horrible programs that play in little gyms that are falling apart.

I am not impressed. I will be proven correct when this BYU WCAC train wreck proves what a disaster I said it was.

Morons like yourself like to compare the mtn with ESPN as if that is somehow a fair comparison. It is not.

The mtn is our regional channel. bYu's regional channel is Mormon tv. I will take the mtn anyday of the week over that nonsense.

CBS College Sports vs ESPNU? Toss up.

Versus vs ESPN2 at 10pm Mountain time? Who cares, everyone is sleeping.

Fans who tune in to watch a WCC game at 10 MST will miss a bit of action since the WCC deal calls for Thus-Sat start times alternating between 6 pm & 8 pm PST, unless they live on the east coast where most western sports programming is on fairly late. Sorry RebRob, but...

ABC=CBS

ESPN>VS

ESPN2>CBSC

ESPNU>Mtn

BYUtv>Mtn

BYUtv.org/ESPN3>Nothing

You can dis' BYU and the WCC's TV deals all you want, but it won't alter the facts. Whether talking exposure or money, it trumps the MWC deal. It just does.

BaYoU Blue!

If BYU is soo happy about being in WCC in BBALL why are you fans still here talking about it on our board. I am sure fans of WCC would love to talk about all the great things BYU is going to do for their conference.

Everyone here already knows what what an amazing athletic department BYU has. Time to spread your message to the folks who dont know.

If BYU is soo happy about being in WCC in BBALL why are you fans still here talking about it on our board. I am sure fans of on WCC would love to talk about all the great things BYU is going to do for their conference.

Everyone here already knows what what an amazing athletic department BYU has. Time to spread your message to the folks who dont know.

WCC fans are already convinced and are a gracious bunch. We're not leaving until the job is done here.

v0icAvfW.jpg

If BYU is soo happy about being in WCC in BBALL why are you fans still here talking about it on our board. I am sure fans of on WCC would love to talk about all the great things BYU is going to do for their conference.

I know, but we've been together for 12 years and you're still not convinced.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

I will take games in big time arenas with UNLV, SDSU, Fresno, New Mexico, Nevada and Boise on Versus, CBS College Sports and theMtn. any day over what BYU and the WCAC have.

Games on Mormon TV, ESPNU at strange start times against horrible programs that play in little gyms that are falling apart.

I am not impressed. I will be proven correct when this BYU WCAC train wreck proves what a disaster I said it was.

Morons like yourself like to compare the mtn with ESPN as if that is somehow a fair comparison. It is not.

The mtn is our regional channel. bYu's regional channel is Mormon tv. I will take the mtn anyday of the week over that nonsense.

You do understand that the WCC does not schedule Mondays don't you (WCC plays a Wednesday/Thursday and Saturday schedule)? Next time you might want to do some research next time you open your mouth.

Link to the WCC 2010-11 schedule;

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/west/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/compositeschedule.pdf

BYUTV (60 million households) > the mtn (8 million households)

ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU (100 million/100 million/70 million households) > Versus and CBS Sports (70 million and 40 million households)

:unsure:

Plus the conference tournament. that's another 5 games/10 appearances.

That may be an interpretation on my part, but the tournament is separate from the conference schedule and is listed separately in the press release - at least my good eye saw that. But thanks for being a p-rick about it nonetheless.

Going over the WCC schedules the last 3 years it does not look as if the their WCC tournament games are included in the total of 38 appearances or that total should be higher. The way I read it is the tournament games are separate.

Link;

http://www.byucougars.com/Filing.jsp?ID=15720

Here is a big key from the WCC press release:

The agreement will also feature expanded coverage of the Zappos.com West Coast Conference Basketball Championships. In addition to continuing coverage of the men's basketball championship game on ESPN and semifinals on ESPN2, both quarterfinal games will be televised live on ESPNU beginning in 2012.

Link; http://www.wccsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/060811aaa.html

:unsure:

BYU may have made a bad decision leaving the MWC to basically re-up on its own with ESPN. However, MAY is the operative word. We now KNOW the MWC's TV contract is terrible. So to the extent you're saying people in glass houses shouldn't cast stones, I fully agree.

Boom goes the dynamite.

The incentive to alter the deal and make it more fair monetarily for the MWC depends on whther or not CBS/Comcast want to have a long term relationship with the MWC. As partners you want to work together so that it is a beneficial relationship for all involved. So they absolutely do have a reason to come to the table and rework the deal. It is in their best interests long term to do so.

I can't see it working like that. I think CBS/Comcast will point to the fact they paid twice as much as anyone else was willing to when the contract started. Then, Comcast will talk about all those years of losses that they had running the Mtn. Then they'll remind them if the MW doesn't re-up with CBS/Comcast that they will have to start the Mtn again from scratch with a different company.

I really think CBS/Comcast not increasing what they pay now makes any difference. I think the conference will go with the contract that pays the most, even if it is CBS/Comcast again.

I am sure fans of WCC would love to talk about all the great things BYU is going to do for their conference.

One of the French-speaking fans from Loyola Marymount keeps asking this question of BYU, but his inquiry goes unanswered:

"Parlez-moi de vos sous-v

One of the French-speaking fans from Loyola Marymount keeps asking this question of BYU, but his inquiry goes unanswered:

"Parlez-moi de vos sous-vêtements magiques?"

Could someone please translate this sentence?

That would be...

"Tell me about your under-garments, magical?"

2me1q87.jpg

Fans who tune in to watch a WCC game at 10 MST will miss a bit of action since the WCC deal calls for Thus-Sat start times alternating between 6 pm & 8 pm PST, unless they live on the east coast where most western sports programming is on fairly late. Sorry RebRob, but...

ABC=CBS

ESPN>VS

ESPN2>CBSC

ESPNU>Mtn

BYUtv>Mtn

BYUtv.org/ESPN3>Nothing

You can dis' BYU and the WCC's TV deals all you want, but it won't alter the facts. Whether talking exposure or money, it trumps the MWC deal. It just does.

But it's not about exposure and money for the sports program, right? It's about evangelizing?

Magic underwear.

(We're going to have to strip you of additional flying missions because of your slightly rusty French.)

Sorry but it's been quite a few years since I've interrogated a French prisoner.

2me1q87.jpg

Guest #1Stunner

You are misinformed. I think ESPN is still the best choice going for most conferences.

Gonzaga has done quite well in the WCAC, and seems to get a ton of publicity every year. Over the past 10 years, Gonzaga is probably more high profile than any MWC school.