Warbow

Bigger 1st round bust?

Colt Bren...oh, wait...

Wasn't drafted..don't even try.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Wasn't drafted? Uhh.. Yes he was.

My bad, was thinkiing of Davon Bess. 6th round pick for Colt Brennan and 2 years in the NFL. That's about right.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

With the possible exception of Gabbert, I think every one of the QBs drafted Thursday night probably went too high. I say probably because although I haven't heard the pundits say so, I think it looked like a relatively weak draft. I mean, no running back taken until #29? That's amazing.

Gabbert hasn't had the injury problems Locker has had, he's bigger and has a stronger arm. Except for having operated out of the spread and therefore not taken the ball from center much, I wouldn't have any qualms about him becoming a solid NFL starter.

Actually, the knock on Gabbert is that he DOESN'T have a great arm.......Locker I think has him beat in that regard.

"Once an Aztec, Always an Aztec"

CSU Fresno: Accepting SDSU's sloppy seconds since 1911.

I'm still not ready to declare Alex Smith a bust. I think the guy has had far too many things working against him to have really had an opportunity to show what he can do. From injuries to the carousel of coaches and coordinators to the complete disaster of an offensive line he's been forced to play behind......and a coach who called him a malingerer out in public when the guy actually had a broken shoulder blade on his throwing shoulder.....

The guy needs to catch a few breaks. If the offensive line can actually manage to keep him somewhat clean, and his receivers can actually catch the balls they're supposed to and he still fails......well, then the experiment should be declared officially over and we can slap the "bust" label on him. But I'm not there yet with Alex. I want to see what he can do with some stability and continuity within the 49er organization and with some actual talent around him.

I think Gabbert went to high also....I dont see the accuracy from him that you need from a franchise QB.

Eh I think he is going to be a good one (maybe not a franchise type, but a bottom tier top 10 QB). He is athletic, has a good feel for game, knows how to allude the rush, has a strong arm, does need to work a bit on his accuracy but it isn't that bad

Ryan Leaf

nuff said

Locker won't have any more success than Smith, neither will (or in Smith's case have) live up to expectations. Dissapointments.

But Bust king is Leaf

You'll get no argument from me on that one.