Warbow

Bigger 1st round bust?

Who will be the bigger 1st round QB bust?

Jake Locker vs. Alex Smith?

I'd say it will be Jake Locker. He seems to be the poor man's Alex Smith. Unless they plan on moving him to running back, Locker will be another NFL 1st round bust.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Locker hasn't played a down of NFL football. Ryan Leaf is a bust. I don't understand all the hate on Locker.

All the NFL guru's say the main thing needed to make it in the NFL is accuracy. Locker couldn't hit the side of a barn from 40 yards. The guy was a proven loser at udub, watch Washington go to the rose bowl now that he's gone.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

With the possible exception of Gabbert, I think every one of the QBs drafted Thursday night probably went too high. I say probably because although I haven't heard the pundits say so, I think it looked like a relatively weak draft. I mean, no running back taken until #29? That's amazing.

Gabbert hasn't had the injury problems Locker has had, he's bigger and has a stronger arm. Except for having operated out of the spread and therefore not taken the ball from center much, I wouldn't have any qualms about him becoming a solid NFL starter.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Time will tell if Locker and Smith will be added to this list..

QB Bust

All the NFL guru's say the main thing needed to make it in the NFL is accuracy. Locker couldn't hit the side of a barn from 40 yards. The guy was a proven loser at udub, watch Washington go to the rose bowl now that he's gone.

The jury is still out on Locker but I doubt he is an utter failure. He wants to win bad and is a loyal teammate. Came back to UW for his senior season because he wanted to win a bowl game for the community even though he would have gone number one in the draft. Give the kid some props he definitely has major upside.

With the possible exception of Gabbert, I think every one of the QBs drafted Thursday night probably went too high. I say probably because although I haven't heard the pundits say so, I think it looked like a relatively weak draft. I mean, no running back taken until #29? That's amazing.

Gabbert hasn't had the injury problems Locker has had, he's bigger and has a stronger arm. Except for having operated out of the spread and therefore not taken the ball from center much, I wouldn't have any qualms about him becoming a solid NFL starter.

Well, about running backs is that now almost all teams operate by committee and theres no incentive to draft a guy high pay him a lot of money and split his carries. It's all about rotating backs, keeping them fresh and having backs with specific skill sets (power, quick, hands, blocking). So highly draft and highly paid backs are less prevalent.

In the end it just doesn't matter because my university will get whatever it wants and be on the inside on any incarnation of whatever conference it chooses and whatever incarnation of the NCAA or BCS that arises. Our ego only got bigger with the Pac-10, SEC and Big 10 trying to get us to join their conference.

Look, why don't you just be quiet before my university buys yours and closes it just for spite?

#1 MWC-WAC QB pick bust.

Alex Smith < David Carr?