Warbow

The 50 Most Lackluster Fans Bases

The best one that didn't make the list (due to a team leaving)? Hawaii's beatdown of BYU in 2001. I believe the kitties were in the top ten and whining that they weren't getting enough love in the polls, then promptly got stomped on when they went to the islands. What a great game :D

Yes. And on national TV. Crying about not getting a BCS bid and having 72 points dropped on them! Kind of reminds me of the 90 team who was, I believe, in the top 10 as well. Undefeated with their newly appointed Heisman winner (that very day in fact), only to get embarrassed by the tune of 59 - 28. Ah.. Memories. :)

BYU game

Pretty sad your biggest moments are just memories from 10+ years ago.

But BYU's not in your head, right?

You should be glad that 2001 team threatened the BCS. They changed the rules after that and your undeserving team got to a game in 2007 because of that.

Still pretty pathetic to be bragging about wins against BYU when you've never won in Provo and have a losing record against us on your own field.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

You should be glad that 2001 team threatened the BCS. They changed the rules after that and your undeserving team got to a game in 2007 because of that.

Still pretty pathetic to be bragging about wins against BYU when you've never won in Provo and have a losing record against us on your own field.

I agree. All I care about is the upcoming game between Hawaii and BYU this year. Living in the present (or closer to it) =)

5810035884_931c33959c_b.jpg

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka ʻĀina i ka Pono - The Life of the Land is Perpetuated in Righteousness

CSU-Fresno got rolled, I mean ROLLED by N. Illinois. All 46 Bulldog fans in attendance will confirm it. Next question

Yup. As a fan, I won't travel to watch a Pat Hill-coached team in any bowl against any non-AQ. If the team isn't going to show, why should I?

I can't remember the details, but I recall reading that Hill let it slip that he was annoyed that the Dogs had to play in this bowl game, in light of its timing, and the relation of that timing to some recruiting date of significance. In other words, this bowl game was an irritation to him because it interfered with recruiting. THEN DON'T ACCEPT THE INVITATION, DAMN IT! It absolutely showed that he regarded the bowl game as an annoyance.

As the writer mentions, two 3-9 seasons isnt helping the Rams sell many tickets. To be honest, 22,000 per game for as bad as CSU has been the last few years to me is not terrible. If CSU can find a way to win again, Hughes staduim will have at or over capacity for home games(34,400)guaranteed.

CSU... Nice town, Great fans, really enjoyed that place. I come to the last 5 meetings vs BYU.

I think CSU should think bigger and build a new stadium.

Get people excited again. This program can be very good. It was before. Which means it can be done. I thought this new coach was the guy. I kinda wonder if he can now. But If you build it they will come.

Yes. And on national TV. Crying about not getting a BCS bid and having 72 points dropped on them! Kind of reminds me of the 90 team who was, I believe, in the top 10 as well. Undefeated with their newly appointed Heisman winner (that very day in fact), only to get embarrassed by the tune of 59 - 28. Ah.. Memories. :)

BYU game

1998 @ *Hawaii (0-12) W 31 9

1996 @ *Hawaii (2-10) W 45 14

1995 *Hawaii (4-8) W 45 7

I like Hawaii and playing you guys. But you have had your share of beat downs to. Oh and I think the top RB in the nation in 2001 was out that game injured.

I do not know any BYU fan who is not happy about playing you all again.

In 2002 we had our worst team pretty much in 30 years and still beat you ten win team.

9/6 vs. Hawaii (10-4) W 35 32

Oh come on Jack! No hard feelings... A Wyoming fan brought up that game, and those two games were memorable considering the circumstances involved.

And yes, we are grateful from what transpired because of that season for BYU.

1998 @ *Hawaii (0-12) W 31 9

1996 @ *Hawaii (2-10) W 45 14

1995 *Hawaii (4-8) W 45 7

I like Hawaii and playing you guys. But you have had your share of beat downs to. Oh and I think the top RB in the nation in 2001 was out that game injured.

Luke Staley played defense? lol. Surely you are well aware that hypothetical arguments are pointless?

I do not know any BYU fan who is not happy about playing you all again.

In 2002 we had our worst team pretty much in 30 years and still beat you ten win team.

9/6 vs. Hawaii (10-4) W 35 32

That is good to know. We're glad to be renewing the rivalry. I don't think you can find many Hawaii fans that would disagree that the BYU series is one of, if not the most entertaining matchups for us.

Oh come on Jack! No hard feelings... A Wyoming fan brought up that game, and those two games were memorable considering the circumstances involved.

And yes, we are grateful from what transpired because of that season for BYU.

I don't have hard feelings at all. We beat you the next year, and you beat us fair and square that day. It's irrelevant if our RB was hurt or not. We had a crummy defense that year, but in most cases could outscore people. I think your returner had about 200 yards in returns as well. Special teams were horrible. You score 45 points and lose by 20+, it means your defense is a joke. Perfect storm for Hawaii that day, and you made the most of your opportunity.

A Wyoming fan should have been cheering for BYU to bust the BCS that day, not cheering against them. But, that's typical stuff. I guess it wouldn't have mattered because BYU would not have been invited because they'd already chosen before that game to not include BYU in any BCS game.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

That is good to know. We're glad to be renewing the rivalry. Should be fun to see how things develop in the future.

How long is the deal? I hope we play Hawaii most years going forward. I've always liked the rivalry. It's not like the Utah rivalry, but I think it's fun to have more than one team you look forward to seeing.

How long is the deal? I hope we play Hawaii most years going forward. I've always liked the rivalry. It's not like the Utah rivalry, but I think it's fun to have more than one team you look forward to seeing.

I hope so too. Apparently the current deal is a 2 - 1, but I did recall reading/hearing something about interest in a long term scheduling agreement. Not sure if it's still on the table though.

CSU has had the luxury of playing Col, Wy, AFA, TCU, Utah, BYU every year! Those teams all bring big crowds and energize your fan base. I wonder how the the attendance numbers will fare now that three are leaving?

And we don't have to contend with Burning Man either....we've got it a lot easier than Nevada, Reno. :rolleyes:

LOL at Johnny-come-lately SDSU fans replying to this post.

SDSU has one year of good attendance once-a-decade and they start popping their mouths off. (mind you their percentage to capacity still sucks even with their NFL stadium)

I still find it funny you guys trash Fresno State on our bowl attendance when your own REGULAR attendance for the last decade has sucked. I'd take our fickle fans anyday over your once-in-a-decade fickle fans. :P

Next question....

Posted ImageSDSU: Delusions of grandeur since 1897. Still accepting Cal State students for 2014Posted Image

Dont know. But I do know we will be in a Bowl....how about SDSU? Think logically

No question about it. With a W over CSUFresneck under our belts.

So which bowl does the 3rd place WAC school go to this year? Back to the Humanitarian to be punked by Kent State?

nXlmx.gif

Back to Back Mountain West Tourney Champs