Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pelado

How does Kellen Moore rate among all-time QB's

12 members have voted

1. 1. How does Kellen Moore rate among all-time college QBs?

Dont you guys love how Ian has all kinds of qualifiers on his stats that he uses?

"Kellen Moore is the best non-AQ QB that's ever played, mostly in games that started at 5pm on a Tuesday night, and in games against the 27th and higher ranked team's who have injured linebackers and itchy groin's due to jock itch."

Alex Smith fans would probably differ in opinion.

There's a ton of guys that have played tougher schedules and competition than he has.

Keep thumping that Kellen Bieber drum, Ian.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Look at Max Hall, he had wins against #3 Oklahoma, Washington, UCLA x 2, Oregon State, and Arizona. He also went 2-1 against Utah and beat a ranked TCU team. Yup, Kellen did some of those things as well, but lets not get ahead of ourselves. You played in the WAC for hell's sake.

I think Max Hall is probably the best non-AQ QB of all time. 3 year starter, 32 wins, way more wins over AQ teams than Kellen, played in a conference that wasn't dogshit, and would have had 2 BCS wins except for the refs.

This is undebateable.

Times infinity. NO battle.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Dont you guys love how Ian has all kinds of qualifiers on his stats that he uses?

"Kellen Moore is the best non-AQ QB that's ever played, mostly in games that started at 5pm on a Tuesday night, and in games against the 27th and higher ranked team's who have injured linebackers and itchy groin's due to jock itch."

Alex Smith fans would probably differ in opinion.

There's a ton of guys that have played tougher schedules and competition than he has.

Keep thumping that Kellen Bieber drum, Ian.

Seriously, it's one thing to think he's the best, it's quite another to act cocky like no other Non-AQ in the BCS era even compares.

Alex Smith had

A better winning pct. in a tougher conference

A better bowl record

The same BCS wins, at a time when it was much tougher to qualify for a BCS bowl. In fact if the rules had been in place that were back then, Kellen Moore's BSU team would not have played in a BCS bowl.

The same number of outright conference titles (despite less years and in a tougher conference)

Finished 4th in Heisman--same as Kellen

More wins against AQ teams.

Look, I have no issue with a BSU fan thinking Kellen Moore is the best Non-AQ QB in the BCS era. But to act like it is a no brainer, again, I must say that is ridiculous.

Look, I have no issue with a BSU fan thinking Kellen Moore is the best Non-AQ QB in the BCS era. But to act like it is a no brainer, again, I must say that is ridiculous.

I agree.

Utenation really wasn't wrong in some of the things he said about these guys.

They make some of the BYU fans I know look meek and humble.

4-0 vs AQ teams

10-3 Oregon #9

10-3 Oregon #11 PAC-10 champs

11-3 Va Tech #15 ACC champs

5-7 Oregon St

From a quick search, no non-AQ QB has ever beat 3 top 15 AQ teams in the BCS era.. His 5 wins vs ranked teams are also the most as well, and he still has a year to go with 4 of the 12 teams on the schedule finished in the top 25 last year.

It's impossible to compare QB's over time as the game changes.. But I think it's a pretty safe bet to call him the best non-AQ Qb in the BCS era.

James Madison beat that same Virginia Tech team. Is their QB the best in the world?

I can think of 3 or 4 BYU QB's I'd take over Kellen Moore. Best ever???? :lol:

v0icAvfW.jpg

10-3 Oregon #9

5-7 Oregon St

You know what's awesome about this set of wins?

Brian +++++ing Johnson of all people put together a better one in a single year.

12-2 Alabama #6

11-2 TCU #7

10-3 BYU #25

9-4 Oregon State #24

What about Andy Dalton? Dude had two undefeated regular seasons in a row and won the Rose Bowl last year.

This is debatable.

Brian +++++ing Johnson of all people put together a better one in a single year.

12-2 Alabama #6

11-2 TCU #7

10-3 BYU #25

9-4 Oregon State #24

What about Andy Dalton? Dude had two undefeated regular seasons in a row and won the Rose Bowl last year.

This is debatable.

Don't bother. I4H is the king of absurd stats proving Boise or Boise player X is the greatest.

In this instance he only allows non aq QB's to compete (so eliminate 50% of all college QB's). He limits the time to the BCS era, so the last 13 years (eliminate 90% of CFB history). He limits wins to an arbitrary ranking of 15th or better and only allows wins against AQ programs to count (so eliminate AD's wins over BYU in 08/09 and his wins over Utah as well and all MWC program wins against eachother for that matter)..... And well, now you are starting to get the picture.

2005, 2009, 2010 & 2011 MWC Football Champions

Don't bother. I4H is the king of absurd stats proving Boise or Boise player X is the greatest.

In this instance he only allows non aq QB's to compete (so eliminate 50% of all college QB's). He limits the time to the BCS era, so the last 13 years (eliminate 90% of CFB history). He limits wins to an arbitrary ranking of 15th or better and only allows wins against AQ programs to count (so eliminate AD's wins over BYU in 08/09 and his wins over Utah as well and all MWC program wins against eachother for that matter)..... And well, now you are starting to get the picture.

Andy Dalton beat that same 5-7 Oregon State team. He should be proud of himself to be only 4 points lesser than the great Kellen Moore.

That figures from a TCU fan.. I'm guessing you'll try and pull up some pre-WWII TCU stats.

The BCS era changed everything.. Do you think BYU would have played in the title game with their 1984 schedule? Of course not.. Would Detmer win the Heisman with a 10-3 mid major? Nope..

Besides, learn to read. I never said he was the best QB ever, I said he was the best non-AQ QB in the BCS era, which he is. Comparing non-AQ QB's is easier considering we all have a similarmplaying field. Moore has beat more ranked AQ teams than any QB since the BCS was formed, and no non-AQ QB has beat more ranked teams. He's 38-2 and will finish as the NCAA all time wins leader and is within reach of the TD record. And he still has a full season to play.. Moore and Colt Brennan are the only QB's to be invited to the Heisman ceremony as well.. No non-AQ QB has his resume..

4-0 vs AQ teams

10-3 Oregon #9

5-7 Oregon St

From a quick search, no non-AQ QB has ever beat 3 top 15 AQ teams in the BCS era.. His 5 wins vs ranked teams are also the most as well, and he still has a year to go with 4 of the 12 teams on the schedule finished in the top 25 last year.

It's impossible to compare QB's over time as the game changes.. But I think it's a pretty safe bet to call him the best non-AQ Qb in the BCS era.

Applying your silly stats to AD.

7-2 vs AQ teams

A quick search shows that if you use the AP instead of the coaches then KM is only 2-0 vs. AQ teams in the BCS era :o .... KM's 5 wins vs ranked teams is not the most. Also, who are the 5 wins? TCU, Utah, Oregon x2, VaTech? AD's wins against ranked teams...

2007 - BYU (14 C/A)

2008 - BYU (21 C / 25 A), BSU (13 C / 11 A)

2009 - Utah (18 C/A), BYU (12 C/A), Clemson (UNR C / 24 A)

2010 - Utah (23 C / UNR A), Wisconsin (8 C / 7 A)

So AD has 8 wins against ranked opponents.

I'm not even going to bother mentioning the accomplishments of Alex Smith, Kevin Kolb, Shaun King and the litany of other non-aq QB's who have impressed during the BCS era.

2005, 2009, 2010 & 2011 MWC Football Champions

12-2 Alabama #6

11-2 TCU #7

10-3 BYU #25

9-4 Oregon State #24

This is debatable.

Johnson only had one good season.. Moore and Dalton have had multiple good seasons.

Moore has 2 undefeated regular seasons as well, with a senior year to play. He has more wins vs ranked AQ teams(Dalton has only 1) than either you listed, and neither has more wins vs ranked teams overall.